close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mental Training

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Fonzy, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Fonzy

Fonzy

you already mike'd a board, a plate, a swinger even if you haven't fired a single shot yet (in a cof) - it's all mental.

a tip, a joke, a look is all it takes to psyche up/down your performance. ;f

mental toughness, performance of champion, yak, yak, ek, etc...

please share your techniques/opinions in dealing with such situation.

thanks,

:cool:

2. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

minsan nakasabay namin sa stage si Lito Pible. 16 rds. best time nasa high 10 sec. sa mga naka open/modified. kinuha niya high 11 sec. pero meron pala 1 mike.

sabay sinigaw sa amin "o, 11 sec. ko kinuha, down 1 lang! kaya niyo yun?" sabay ngiti...

hahahaha! hindi ka pa pumuputok, pressured ka na! na-trash talk ka na ng kalaban!

3. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

during a level 2 match at PNPA in Silang, umuulan na, medyo malakas, pero sabi ng squad namin sa mga RO ituloy ang laro! so bumunot yung RO ng score sheet and name ko tinawag. There I was in the limelight, malakas ang ulan, all eyes were on me while i was on the line as I shot the stage. I did very well, walang re-engage sa round plates and poppers kahit basa na yung salamin ko. Never felt my heartbeat jump a bit. moral of the story... loosen up, relax.

the more you become familiar with the sport, the more relaxed you can shoot. so sali nang sali para mawala yung daga sa dibdib.

4. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

There are things you can't simulate when you practice in the range. So granting you already know your abilities and the capability of your pistol inside and out, like you can shoot sub 1 inch groups out to 25 meters and blaze through a plate rack in 3 seconds. Pero wala doon match pressure! Paano na kung crunch time? Meron ka dapat mental switch! Importante na you can deliver whenever and wherever, anytime, anywhere. Sure you can screw up once in a while, but that is part of the mental game. Your worst enemy is yourself.

5. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

this match, i'll work on alpha shooting. next time, i'll work on speed and footwork. next match, integrate ko speed and alpha shooting! sunod na level 1, practice ko mga concepts nababasa ko sa Brian Enos forums! See what you need to see! Call shots, etc.

6. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

physically, you might not be able to go toe-to-toe with others a lot younger. pero mentally, dapat mas calmado ka pag pumutok kesa sa majority. zen shooting, ika nga. so when shtf, hindi ka ma-rattle, maka-recover ka agad.

7. gunfool

gunfool

Take it from master Doc EC. Nice tips!:) Paano doc print ko na to? Mahirap nang mapatungan ng ibang threads.

8. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Don't worry about outcomes or results. Focus on each shot and call it as precise as you can. If it looked good, move on. If you're in doubt, give it one more. ;)

9. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Agree to all of Doc EC's post, his match results proves his status as one of the BOGS' top dawgs!

In addition: to stay calm and relaxed, i try to take away my fear of losing and my dream of winning. i try to think that there is nothing to loose.

to quote brian enos: you can only shoot as fast as you're prepared for (or something to that effect):)

10. Allegra

Allegra

A few weeks ago, a varsity coach asked me if I could do the run leg of a triathlon relay so one of his swimmers could join
    It turns out she's a 16yr old frshman pero she looked barely out of high school.
    Sa match day, she looked out of place among the muscular guys and gals at the start.
    Pero, if there is one thing I noticed, cool na cool!
    I asked her if she's nervous, sagot: "konti" with a cute smile pa
    Hindi na iintimidate and I admired her toughness kahit mukang nene
    Langya, ang lakas pala lumangoy
    She came out of the pool 6th
    eerrr...unfortunately, I..eeerrrr kulang sa warm up ako eh hehe i think I finished 5th.....to the last runner nyahaha

Anyways, I've been competing since uumm.. birth , different sports. I've noticed that it's all the same mentally
    Relax - try to stay loose ( there are exercises pero tamad ako mag type eh )
    Focus sa gagawin and remove anything sa mind mo that doesnt have anything to do with the job at hand ( winning,losing,bouncing checks etc )
    Palaban- you came here to fight grrr
    Removal ng self doubt - positvie thinkin parati kahit 8 na misses hehe
    Visualize- ayoko na explain pagod na ko
    goal orientd - hindi yung " gusto ko mag top ten" kundi yung related sa performance not results tulad ng " I will have no mikes or penalties this match"
    And after each stage, crumple that score sheet and throw it sa gear bag. Good , bad, excellent , it's finished. Dont allow it to affect your next performance
    I'm sure I'm forgetting something pa

Anyways, naalala ko lang because I ran into her kanina
    Very cute and she smelled of Denene haha
    Ano nga ba legal age? bwahaha Joke! Joke! Joke!

11. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

fafa, ang tawag ata dun statutory! hahaha!!!

12. Allegra

Allegra

Just kidding :)
    she was actually too young to join I had to sign the waiver for her as her guardian hehe funyeta, ang tanda ko na pala

13. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Focus, relaxation and visualization yata ang kulang ko. Natataranta na kasi ako kapag hindi ko tamaan yung popper or plate. When this happens, my shooting plan for the course of fire goes down the drain. ;f

14. Fonzy

Fonzy

thanks for sharing your thoughts, kaso hirap talaga - easier said than done (in my case). i guess, it happens even to the best, most experienced of us (no excuses). hanga talaga ako sa athletes who exhibit jordan-esque or tiger woods-like attitude during crunch time.

15. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

skills and techniques can be learned and taught. sa amin sa team pb, pag meron kami napuna mali sa mga newbie shooters, we try to correct the glitch asap para hindi ma-ingrain bad habits. pwera na lang kung talagang matigas ang ulo. sometimes its better to seek professional instruction para objective ang criticism.

mental toughness, i guess, nasa upbringing nang isang tao.

16. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Watta LOSER! The mind can be tough but if the flesh is unwilling...to move...;Q

Four stages lang nung Sat pero hanggang ngayon masakit pa rin pwet at glutes ko sa konting takbo. Haaay, ano ba pede'ng workout habang nakahiga ka at nanonood ng DVD? ;f

17. Allegra

Allegra

During your spare time, visualize what if's at kung ano gagawin mo when it happens
    reengages, jams, brain malf :0, no shoots etc.
    So when the real thing happens, hopefully, your cool at hindi ka ma rattle kasi familiar na utak mo sa sit

18. Allegra

Allegra

19. 9MX

9MX Rei!

simple lang pero rock ang dating;z

20. Fonzy

Fonzy

class D ako sir (walang daya sa classifier ;f ). in a way you are correct. skills wise i think i got it down (at least the basics only), kulang na lang daw ako sa 'gulang' pag nag-laro (whatever that means ;Q ;e ). kaso, discipline of shooting is more of a mental game (90% daw). if so, performance is based not solely on skills but affected by the ff: (1) conscious, (2) subconcious and (3) self-image (more detailed discussions in BE forum) - whether you are a veteran or more so for a beginner. this specifically is what i'm trying to understand (newbie shooter lang kasi ako, not a psychologist ;f)

;z ;z , di ba excuse 'to for the weakling (joke)