close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Men VS women

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Magnus2131, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

Are men born with more of an instinct to survive than women?

2. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

Nah. Why are you wondering?

3. PaulMason

PaulMason

Are you serious? History lesson - men go to war, women stay at home.

4. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

5. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

I don't believe so. The methods are just different.

6. mtpisgah

mtpisgah

I think women may have more of a survival instinct because they need to protect their kids and others they feel are in danger.

7. dango

dango

Do NOT mess with a woman , she will make you wish you were dead !:shocked::wow::supergrin:

8. jpa

jpa CLM

Agreed. If you want to see the claws come out, threaten the safety of a woman's children. The biggest pacifist in the world will turn into a violent assailant if she thinks she needs to protect her children.

9. The Fed

The Fed

Unless she's a liberal, then she will cower in a corner and cry.

10. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy Silver Member

I do not believe so but they are usually raised different and this, I think, affects the way they react to situations.
    Just my opinion. :supergrin:

11. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Both the Same. Just applied in different ways.

12. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

I think the instinct for self preservation is pretty much the same when confronted with an immediate danger to life and limb. When confronted with certain situations I believe the female will to survive is stronger. What? Yep...

Keeping in mind that biologically speaking, males are the disposable sex in terms of the propagation of the species.

So...

Unless a woman is a paid professional such as a police officer or firefighter, it is rare to read a newspaper account of a woman bystander charging into a burning building or interceding in a dangerous situation (criminal or rescue) and placing themselves in physical danger on behalf of a stranger. This is not due to any inherent cowardice or anything like that.

Lemme splain...

I think it is part socialization - men are socialized that they should consider it noble to sacrifice themselves physically on behalf of woman and children or those not able to help themselves. You know the expression - "Women and children first."

This can take the shape of the guy who works the job he hates for forty years so that his wife and kids have a roof and food, or you can see it in more dramatic fashion when a guy (bystander) runs into a building on fire to rescue someone, especially if it's a woman or kids in danger.

Or, the many guys that will interject themselves into a situation, almost without thinking, if they see a man and woman in some kind of conflict or physical altercation. The White Knights come charging in.

Also, a man is socially sanctioned as a coward if he were to just stand there and do nothing whether it's the above type scenario or in a larger sense when standing in the phalanx outside the city gates to repel the invaders.

I think it is also part biological instinct - men are inherently wired for more risk taking and the fact that the average male is much stronger physically than the average female would seem to indicate that males have a long history of putting themselves in physical danger to protect the females and young, (as well as competing for them) with the females being the last line of defense against a predator, unless.....wait for it....the predator in question is not an animal but say another tribe of people....WHOAH!

Yep, in that case it is quite common throughout history to see where women captured in war settle into the new culture and adapt to life quite readily. (Lots of French girls had German soldier boyfriends in occupied France for an example in recent times)

That leans more towards a social strategy for ensuring long term survival and access to resources under some grim circumstances by being able to easily meld into the new group. That itself does display a pretty strong will to survive in action right there, even though to a male that strategy is not very comprehensible or necessarily palatable.

:tongueout::wavey:

Humans. We have such complex programming.

13. The Maggy

The Maggy

Look at the rest of the Animal Kingdom. We aren't too far off.

14. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

After reading that last part about women assimilating into a new culture makes me think that they don't have dignity/pride.

15. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

Could you elaborate? :whistling: Naw was just wondering why more guys tend to be "preppers"

16. Kevin108

Kevin108 THIS IS IN ALL CAPS

Most seem to spend a lot of time in condition white except when it concerns their kids.

17. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

I don't see it like that. Lots of women also were in the French Resistance in some capacity or another to include combat operations. But they would be atypical of the general female population.

I just see it as men and women are different and often employ different strategies for dealing with an immediate danger, short term and long term challenges to ensure the human race continues to go on and that their genes live on.

18. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Hm, I can agree with that.

19. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

I think some of them use it as an excuse to be gear geeks.

20. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Males, especially young males, of most species, tend to fight or bully to determine their rank or hiearchy. I suppose females do as well to some degree to see who is alpha.

Survival instinct built in.

Adults hate bullying or fighting among their kids, especially when their kid(s) get their azz'z whupped, so it is suppressed as best adults are able.

Think cave man here for a second...

Males only need to survive long enough to breed with the strongest female that they can either capture... or who will allow them a chance. :supergrin:

Females need to survive to raise their young and need a strong male around to help defend, hunt, etc... for awhile or until the next stronger male comes along. :upeyes: