Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
81,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Louisiana memorial service for missing person-turned-murder victim ends in gunfire, leaving 13 wounded

At least 13 people were wounded, including one in critical condition, after a shooting at a large memorial service in Louisiana on Saturday night in honor of a man who was recently found murdered in the woods, according to police.

The Bogalusa Police Department began receiving 911 calls around 9 p.m. Saturday night that gunfire rang out downtown and several people were shot and in need of medical attention.

Officers who responded to the scene found an “extremely large crowd” gathered in the area for what was believed to be a memorial service for Dominique Audrell James, “who was recently found murdered,” the department said on Facebook Sunday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisiana-memorial-service-murder-victim-shooting-wounded "

·
NRA Life Member
66,528 Posts
Question - I have never met a man named Dominique, although I have read many prison records of men named Dominique, but that leaves me wonder, do they pronounce it dom-a-nik, like an Italian man's name, or Dom-a-neek like a French woman's name? Did somebody in the hood not know the difference many years ago and it just caught on?

I googled and they say it is sometimes chosen by parents who want "non-gendered baby names." Not sure how giving your kid a girl's name is "non-gendered.'

·
Mentally Frozen
28,546 Posts
Thinning the herd.

·
Registered
30,229 Posts
So, 13 surviving shooting victims among a large crowd.

How many witnesses saw anything, though?

:noevil:
“At this time, no eyewitnesses have come forth with any information,” the release said.
Of course, not having to document a lot of detailed witness statements (other than documenting the names of people who "didn't see anything") does tend to make for shorter reports.
:eek:uttahere:

·
Registered
27,085 Posts
Question - I have never met a man named Dominique, although I have read many prison records of men named Dominique, but that leaves me wonder, do they pronounce it dom-a-nik, like an Italian man's name, or Dom-a-neek like a French woman's name? Did somebody in the hood not know the difference many years ago and it just caught on?

I googled and they say it is sometimes chosen by parents who want "non-gendered baby names." Not sure how giving your kid a girl's name is "non-gendered.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Wilkins

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Why so many Demetrious? Inquiring minds wanna know.

·
NRA Life Member
66,528 Posts
So "dom-a-NEEK" like a French girl.:rofl:

I suspect it was the same for this one, who I mention any time prison inmate names come up - I'm pretty sure he's a "dom-a-NEEK" since his first name is "Tiffany." Tiffany Dominique Pennington bank robber and murderer:

It's like his father heard "Boy Named Sue" and decided to go it one better. He definitely turned out mean.

·
NRA Life Member
29,348 Posts
How about a block party turning into a riot ? This happened in my county yesterday.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/...red-in-large-deland-block-party-official-says

"
Volusia deputies and DeLand police were hit with alcohol, glass bottles and a bar stool after arresting two men on weapons charges amid a large block party in the DeLand area.

Two men were charged early Sunday with inciting a riot in the DeLand area after alcohol, glass bottles and a bar stool were thrown at law enforcement officers, according to the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office.

“Starting Saturday afternoon and into early Sunday, an estimated 3,000 people gathered across DeLand for a party or parties that spanned several locations,” Andrew Gant, a spokesman for the Sheriff’s Office, said in a release. “While the daytime was relatively uneventful, things started getting out of hand as day turned to night.”

Charles Turner, 37, was arrested at 12:25 a.m. Sunday and charged with inciting a riot, resisting an officer without violence, tampering with physical evidence and two counts of possession of a firearm and/or ammunition by a convicted felon, records show. Turner, a Daytona Beach resident, was being held at the Volusia County Branch Jail without bail.

Reactions: TGT

·
Director of civil unrest
10,294 Posts
How about a block party turning into a riot ? This happened in my county yesterday.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/...red-in-large-deland-block-party-official-says

"
Volusia deputies and DeLand police were hit with alcohol, glass bottles and a bar stool after arresting two men on weapons charges amid a large block party in the DeLand area.

Two men were charged early Sunday with inciting a riot in the DeLand area after alcohol, glass bottles and a bar stool were thrown at law enforcement officers, according to the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office.

“Starting Saturday afternoon and into early Sunday, an estimated 3,000 people gathered across DeLand for a party or parties that spanned several locations,” Andrew Gant, a spokesman for the Sheriff’s Office, said in a release. “While the daytime was relatively uneventful, things started getting out of hand as day turned to night.”

Charles Turner, 37, was arrested at 12:25 a.m. Sunday and charged with inciting a riot, resisting an officer without violence, tampering with physical evidence and two counts of possession of a firearm and/or ammunition by a convicted felon, records show. Turner, a Daytona Beach resident, was being held at the Volusia County Branch Jail without bail.
I'm so sick of these "people".

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
How Memorial.

Sorta Kinda Like but-not-really an Irish Wake only with blasters being used to honor the recently departed, maybe with intent for others to accompany him on his travail into hades/paradise...? :dunno:

Must be a culture thing. I always thought a band playing When the Saints Go March... was the Louisiana funeral thing. Slow Dirge coming in, Party Hard DixieLand Jazz going out.

I wuz wrong.

Instead of blasters I think they all needed Kazoos to do the Saints marching party thing myself. But this... Memories to Build On.

Like a Levant Wedding AK47 mad minute.

Culture.

Embrace it.

And know when to duck. (or blade!)

Reactions: ZekerMan

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
Why am I not surprised!

Reactions: TGT
1 - 20 of 33 Posts