Glock Talk banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
In all honesty, Nick, I don't think I've ever seen a pistol as beautiful as your Fusion. At least for my taste it is just PERFECT. Love the grips, the finish, the design, the sights, the hammer, the trigger, the way the muzzle looks, the recoil buffer, the beaver tail, the size.... EVERYTHING.

Absolutely awesome man. Everytime I see it I feel happy for you. Maybe one day I'll get one? Though it'd feel weird because you already made the perfect one and I'd hate to get an exact copy of yours and take away the authenticity from both of them, but then again I could not possibly come up with something different I'd like on mine, lol. So I'll probably just stick to a Delta Elite, which is another pistol that I really like.

Nothing quite like that Fusion though. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
In all honesty, Nick, I don't think I've ever seen a pistol as beautiful as your Fusion. At least for my taste it is just PERFECT. Love the grips, the finish, the design, the sights, the hammer, the trigger, the way the muzzle looks, the recoil buffer, the beaver tail, the size.... EVERYTHING.

Absolutely awesome man. Everytime I see it I feel happy for you. Maybe one day I'll get one? Though it'd feel weird because you already made the perfect one and I'd hate to get an exact copy of yours and take away the authenticity from both of them, but then again I could not possibly come up with something different I'd like on mine, lol. So I'll probably just stick to a Delta Elite, which is another pistol that I really like.

Nothing quite like that Fusion though. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang.
Thanks man....

I honestly wasn't sure exactly how well my Fusion would turn out since I'd never before seen a Fusion (or any pistol, for that matter) with the configuration options I chose. I was STUNNED when Bob sent me the pictures as he executed everything down to the finest detail for me. It was like seeing a ghost that I had imagined but never seen in concrete reality until that point.

That's funny about wanting those same options. I remember trying to get my order in as soon as I could so nobody else had the same idea, LOL... To this day, I still haven't seen any pistol just like mine. I've seen ONE that is close but some notable differences. Thanks for the compliment, anyways.

Oftentimes, when handling it, I marvel at what a simply AWESOME piece of machinery it is. I'd wanted one for so long .... and to finally have it created and to have it perform as it does.... well, you know..... :supergrin:

Excellent job, Nick!
Excellent discussion, guys!
Excellent thread!

I'm making this a sticky.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Thread is so good I decided to resurrect it. I have a lot testing to do with a Fusion Commander with rail. Current carry is Double Tap's all copper 155gr Barnes bullet. I'm a fan of AA#7/9, 800X, Longshot and the discontinued HS -7. :)

I've learned to load the 10mm for the bullet rather than what the caliber is capable of. :)
Thanks man!

Definitely post your results .... I'm a sucker for nice Fusion 10mms. ;)

Wow, there's a lot of great information and data on this thread. :)

Where to begin. Think I'll start with the end goal first. I live in a high desert valley that's next to wilderness, plus there's there's several other wilderness areas nearby. I live on acreage and a private shooting pit, but monsoon rainstorms typically drop a lot of water in a short period of time. There's a number of stories that can be told, like a black bear huffing in mesquite not that far from my dog and me, shortly before sunset last Saturday.

I've seen pictures of Fusion 1911s on the Internet and was planning to have a longslide made like Nick's. Actually that was my order and Bob Serva wrote everything down on his build sheet; however, four months later I changed my order to a professional tactical Commander, with rail. Bob was very patient with me changing the order, but it delayed the build time.

When I only thought that mountain lions would be my largest threat, I was happy carrying handloaded .38 Supers. Over time I would see hogs and black bears near my bedroom window.

To make a long story short, during the day one only has a fleeting glimpse of mountain lion, however, at night they are less likely to back down. For me, I realized that if there was to be an encounter with a large predator; it would happen at night. So, a 10mm in a railed Commander made sense to me, plus it could serve as a BBQ sidearm.

Nice detail at the muzzle;

Magwell MSH for changing magazines in the dark; chain link on MSH and front strap make for an excellent grip;

Diamond cut on top of the slide;

After 300 rounds, of the nine Metalform magazines, only #8 had reliability issues;

Tritium front, 10-8 sights, rail for TRL-1 illumination during dark hours. During the new moon phase, it's dark enough so that one cannot see their hands in front of them. :)

You're more than welcome.

Recognition of a possible threat while walking on a mountain trail is usually on one's mind; situational awareness in the woods. :)

While hiking along a popular trail in the Chiricuahua Mountains in SE Arizona, we came across this geological formation; that was also served as a bear cave at times.

Should any of us find ourselves in the very rare situation of a black bear encounter, we'll find ourselves facing the bear in a frontal 4 - legged shot position; head, shoulders and legs.

Since I don't have any bear bones hanging around the "neighborhood", I used cow bones to test a few 10mm loadings. I load Double Tap 200gr WFN bullets to the low 1200s through a Lonewolf barrel in a G20sf.

From l-r, the 200gr WFN had no problem going through a four inch, very hard cow joint.

Exit hole;

These WFNs @~1200fps are good for over three feet of soft tissue.

I also tested a 200gr XTP @~1200fps and was very surprised at the results;

Bullet hit the joint and there were pieces of bone everywhere, not only did the bone severally fragment, only a couple of very small fragments of the Hornady bullet were found.

So, for me, the 200gr WFN is the bullet I want to have should I need to break through a bear's thick shoulder comprised of tough muscle and bone.

Thoughts anyone? :)

Discussion starter · #51 ·

Recognition of a possible threat while walking on a mountain trail is usually on one's mind; situational awareness in the woods. :)

While hiking along a popular trail in the Chiricuahua Mountains in SE Arizona, we came across this geological formation; that was also served as a bear cave at times.

Should any of us find ourselves in the very rare situation of a black bear encounter, we'll find ourselves facing the bear in a frontal 4 - legged shot position; head, shoulders and legs.

Since I don't have any bear bones hanging around the "neighborhood", I used cow bones to test a few 10mm loadings. I load Double Tap 200gr WFN bullets to the low 1200s through a Lonewolf barrel in a G20sf.

From l-r, the 200gr WFN had no problem going through a four inch, very hard cow joint.

Exit hole;

Bullet hit the joint and there were pieces of bone everywhere, not only did the bone severally fragment, only a couple of very small fragments of the Hornady bullet were found.

So, for me, the 200gr WFN is the bullet I want to have should I need to break through a bear's thick shoulder comprised of tough muscle and bone.

Nice addition to the thread - thanks ... And NICE FUSION!! Love it.

I would have to agree on the WFN, also. It's what I use.

Recognition of a possible threat while walking on a mountain trail is usually on one's mind; situational awareness in the woods.

Exit hole;

Hey amigo ! Very nice gun and those grips are really sweet ! If ya run out of cow bones let me know... Ha.

As always my friend, good work. :cool:

Stay safe !

Nick, great thread, good info. All you ole boys contributed well.

I haven't been around in a very long time, and was passing buy, and thought I'd say thumbs up to all Y'all and howdy !

Blessings boys !

CanyonMan

Hey amigo ! Very nice gun and those grips are really sweet ! If ya run out of cow bones let me know... Ha.

As always my friend, good work. :cool:

Stay safe !

Nick, great thread, good info. All you ole boys contributed well.

I haven't been around in a very long time, and was passing buy, and thought I'd say thumbs up to all Y'all and howdy !

Blessings boys !

CanyonMan
I agree that this is a cool thread with some nice pistols.

Great timing on the post CanyonMan. I was just wondering how you've been. Great to "hear" your voice. Hopefully rain is helping a bit on the ranch down there.

I agree that this is a cool thread with some nice pistols.

Great timing on the post CanyonMan. I was just wondering how you've been. Great to "hear" your voice. Hopefully rain is helping a bit on the ranch down there.

Thanks amigo... Yeah with all the rain the skeeters out number the rattlers now ! LOL ! We did not get near as much as central Texas, but thankful for what we did get. We been in town for a spell now, due to so many things happening to family we have there..

It seems life is sure filled with great Loss for us the past year.

I get over here (on GT) every now and again to just "see" you guys. Just haven't had anything to share I guess, but have missed all y'all, and think about y'all a lot.

Ole Glolt20-91 better sleep with one eye open.... I'd like to get my hands on the gun of his.... LOL !

Thanks again pard for the thoughts. I hope all is well with you, "and the others here as well..."

Bless ya amigo.

I'll be around by and by... ;)

CanyonMan

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.