close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Melbourne, FL Info Needed!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Feb 17, 2010.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I appeal to my GSSF friends to provide some info on the Melbourne, FL area. My daughter, a GSSF member, is considering a transfer there. If that happens, she will be looking for a short term apartment that will allow her large German Shepherd dog. As soon as her townhouse in DC sells, she will be looking for a 3 to 4 bedroom ranch style house. We know nothing of the area, although she may be down there in March for 2 to 3 weeks.

If she accepts the transfer and moves, we will probably follow suit in a year or two.

Thank you in advance for any assistance and information you may provide.

2. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

My two brothers have lived in Melbourne / Palm Bay for the past 30 years. PM me with what info you are looking for and I will try to get you answers or arrange for you/her to call them.

WP

3. Jon_R

Jon_R

I live in South Palm Bay which borders Melbourne to the south and I work in North Melbourne. I have been in the area for about 26 of the last 30 years. Traffic in general is not bad. There are some spots at times that get congested. Melbourne and Palm Bay land wise is very big but pretty easy to get around. There is very little mass transit other then a small bus line. They are working on almost every mid size road around here but they should finish someday.

If she is looking to get a house she may want to look at Palm Bay South East, West Melbourne, and North Melbourne around the Vierra area. She should also decide if she wants a HOA or does not want one.

I am not real up on Apartments as I have always been in houses but in General there is not many nice apartment complexes in Palm Bay. Most of North Melbourne around Wickham Rd and I-95 is new to include houses, apartments, and shopping. If she is a baseball fans the Nationals Spring Train right there in N Melbourne/ Vierra.

If I can help with anything specific let me know.

4. FSHNFVR

FSHNFVR

Probably better in the Fl section but here is my input. Moved here when I was 3 so I know the area pretty well.

Melbourne/Palm Bay is great area. Right now the value in Palm Bay is amazing. Prices are so low you can get an amazing house for nothing. Melbourne is also a good value but again you pay for location since Melbourne is closer to everything. If you are looking for property larger than a lot Palm Bay, Grant, Valkaria is the place to look. If you want close to shopping and "stuff" Suntree/Viera or Melbourne. To many deed restrictions in Suntree/Viera for me but it is a nice area. More cookie cutter developments and higher prices but right now still very reasonable. PM me if you have any specific questions.

5. Steve79

Steve79

My wife and I have lived in Central Brevard County/Melbourne area for the last 26 years (she grew up here). I sent you an email with my contact information so you can call me or send an email with any questions.

SC

6. lclick

lclick Glockaholic

This is a perfect time to buy a home in this area. It is a super buyers market right now.

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Thank you for your wonderful and helpful responses. My daughter will be flying down this weekend on a two-week business trip and will check things out in her spare time.:wavey::cool::wavey: