close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Meet The Press: David Gregory Interviews POTUS

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LockHavenYellow, Dec 30, 2012.

1. LockHavenYellow

LockHavenYellow Flyin' Low

Grab the popcorn, folks...fiscal cliff and gun control are on the docket today. :upeyes:

2. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

It was pretty interesting....

David Gregory having to ask POTUS "What about Gun Control, GUN Violence"...

POTUS doesn't want to take this on is kind of what I gathered. I imagine this will be a Congress and Senate thing, so getting the letter writing mill setup for email as well as mail correspondence will be helpful.

Like them or not, NRA, GOA, NSSF will be great partners if they will organize these campaigns and make it EASY for those of us who care to FLOOD the offices of our elected officials with the "Voice Of Reason".

By expanding efforts with additional 'Enthusiast Sites" (perhaps like GlockTalk / AR15 / AK Forums / Ect...) will only add to the effectiveness.

AND - The physical mail campaign will also add support to the mail system... and that will help to reduce private sector job competition (silver lining?).

It seems very clear to me that with more engagement with the 'Public' we can make huge headway on this effort.

Get NRA, GOA, and NSSF to support FREE introduction to Firearms Safety events all around the nation will go a long way.

So many don't understand how fun our sport(s) can be, and education and familiarity will break down barriers big time.

This is a GREAT Grass Roots opportunity to re-introduce the concepts of accountability, responsibility, and immediate consequences to the populace.

We need to make the BEST of this opportunity, and activate rapidly to 'Win The Hearts And Minds'.

That's my thoughts...

Who's Next?

Happy New Year Full Of Opportunities!

Patrick

3. Restless28

Restless28

Good idea, great post.

4. unit1069

unit1069

The most telling comment by the president was when he insisted something must "fundamentally change" in America about guns. Of course, that's exactly the same terminology he used in 2008 when Candidate Obama told voters we were only five days away from "fundamentally changing America". He won in 2008 and then nationalized 20% of the economy while making things so onerous for private enterprise that we've never actually had a real recovery from the Democrat-induced financial crisis and subsequent recession.

Obama will follow his m.o., which is claim he's involved in discussions when he's actually only repeating his demands. He'll let Democrats go over the edge by having Party leaders strong-arm the rank-and-file, use the mainstream media to vilify the NRA and those who dissent, then claim credit when he and the "progressives" nationalize the Second Amendment, effectively voiding it permanently when Obama nominates one or more Radical Left apparatchiks to the US Supreme Court.

I say to those stay-at-home Republican voters and Ron Paul voters for whom Romney wasn't "pure" enough, did you expect this guy was going to just start respecting the constitution in a second term when his first term indicated the exact opposite?

5. Restless28

Restless28

No amount of stay at home voters and Ron Paul voters could have changed the outcome of that election. The Democrats have the women and the minorities.

6. unit1069

unit1069

You're simply wrong about that! In November Obama received 2 million votes less than he did in 2008 while Romney received 6 million votes less than John McCain did in 2008. Republican and "purist" voters didn't turn out, plain and simple. Obama is only the third re-elected president in history who received fewer votes in his second election.

7. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

Maobama is a lame-duck, and we need to rub his nose in it ... :steamed:

8. Henry's Dad

Henry's Dad woof, woof

I agree. His response was not the declaration of someone who is confident about getting something passed.

Gregory asked him if he has the stomach for a fight on guns. He didn't answer diectly with, "you bet I do!"

Instead he hemmed and hawed about having to see where the American people are on this issue.

Not saying we should be complacent in our efforts to fight anti-gun proposals, but I don't see this going anywhere.

Also, the following is a partial list of Democratic senators up for reelection in 2014:

Begich-Alaska
    Pryor-Arkansas
    Mark Udall-Colorado
    Landrieu-Louisiana
    Baucus-Montana
    Tom Udall-New Mexico
    Hagan-NC
    Johnson-SD
    Warner-VA
    Rockerfeller-WV

Do you think Harry Reid would risk his majority by strong-arming any of these folks to vote for gun control?

9. Restless28

Restless28

I disagree with your assessment. The Democrats have the folks who get out the vote. Besides, they own the electoral states that determine elections. The popular vote doesn't win elections. Ask Al Gore.

10. devildog2067

devildog2067

The tendency of one side to treat "the women" and "the minorities" as monolithic voting blocs is exactly why the other side has them.

I'm "a minority" who was born in this country. I am a military veteran gun owning athiest college professor. Tell me, who do you think "has" me?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  11. Restless28

Restless28

That's a loaded question, DD. I may have been too frank.

12. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

In your state, it doesn't matter. The Dems have you no matter what...

13. Restless28

Restless28

They also have the Electoral votes.

14. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Well said...

15. porschedog

porschedog

A LAme Duck? Seriously? He is a lame duck in that its his last term but its now his unimpeded opportunity to use the media he owns to get his way

This guy doesn't discuss, he lectures
    Wake up - he Hates us and all we stand for and he intends to crush us.

16. porschedog

porschedog

Oh yeah, stop hating the NRA and join
    Stop whining about all the mailings they do
    They are our last chance to preserve our freedom

17. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

A lame duck president indicates one who is powerless to do anything because he is out of time. This jackass has four years and is immune from control or removal. He's not a lame duck (that was early November before the election) he is a rising phoenix and we are the ashes. Well, so much for Sunday cheer.:crying:

18. devildog2067

devildog2067

How could it be a "loaded" question?

Women are people, just like men. Minorities are people, too. They have all kinds of different opinions and values and views. Even just applying the label the way that you have implies a division between "us" and "women/minorities/everyone else." As Rabbi keeps saying, it's a message of segmentation, not a message of inclusion.

19. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

Single women have the state as a provider rather than a husband. It's why they instinctively vote Democrat.

Many of the racial minorities have bitter resentments and an entitlement mentality. This is especially true for many blacks, which is why the likes of Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Louis Farrakhan are spokesmen for the black community. Remember the sermons of the reverend Jim Wright? The marxist liberation theology resonates among many.

20. devildog2067

devildog2067

How are you not getting this?

Do all white people vote as a group?
    Do all men vote as a group?

No. Of course not.

Why, then, would you think it makes sense to say that "single women" have the state as a provider rather than a husband? I know dozens of single women who make upwards of a quarter-million dollars; they don't look to "the state" to provide anything. Yet statements like the one you make alienate them from the political party that they should probably align with, fiscally speaking.