close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Meet Sage the Wonder Dog

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by CookieGirl, Dec 9, 2006.

1. CookieGirl

CookieGirl SE of Disorder

This is my step-granddog, Sage. She's a two year old 85/15% wolf/Siberian Husky hybrid. She belongs to the son of my loved-one, and lives with us too. She's a beauty, and a sweetheart, but he doesn't spend enough time with her, so she's pretty rambunctious. She minds me fairly well, but I have to watch her constantly to remind her who's in charge.

Still, she's so pretty...

2. Show Killer

Show Killer Boost Junkie !!

3. cqb

cqb

good looking dog!
    are there any traits that come through regarding the wolf-hybrid that are noticable?
    cheers,
    Derek

4. HSJREV

HSJREV

Beautiful dog...er dog/wolf thingy. My sister used to have a wolf hybrid and he was a sweetheart but he made some creepy howly noises sometimes.

5. CookieGirl

The traits that I notice most in her are a DEFINITE pack mentality--she will obey her owner (the GeoBoy's son) and me, and everyone else, she merely tolerates. I am good to her, but I try to maintain a real authority over her, and remind her that she has to behave around my daughter (who is easily intimidated by big dogs). Sage also wants to WORK. She really needs a job, and we don't really have one for her around this household. Since we live in the city, we don't have any moose for her to track or sleds for her to pull. When I do try to walk her on a leash, she's so strong, it's all I can do to hold her (about 90 lbs.) down. But she is definitely intelligent and she catches on quickly to anything anyone tries to teach her. I love her dearly, but I fear for her future. There is going to be a new baby in this household in a couple of weeks (her owner's fiancee) and I'm afraid it's going to be a bad mix. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, the dog seems to be fascinated by my Christmas tree. Maybe it's the Snoopy ornaments.

6. CookieGirl

btw, her growl/speaking voice is really unusual. Unlike any dog "voice" I've ever heard. I think it must be the wolf strain. Very low and throaty, she rumbles like a big motorcycle. When she howls, it's pretty scary. Fortunately, it's not often.