close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Medic Schools

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by MBrooks, Jul 24, 2006.

1. MBrooks

MBrooks

2. FirNaTine

FirNaTine

I am not sure about the las vegas area, but paramedic training is usual offered through community colleges. I don't know if its an option in your area, but you may want to consider volunteering. You may be able to get your training paid for and it would provide you an oppurtunity to practice your skills and continue to learn. Good luck in whatever path you choose.

3. RES1CUE

RES1CUE

The only way to obtain Paramedic training in Las Vegas is to be sponsored by a transporting EMS agency, AMR, MedicWest, LVF&R, Clark County Fire, etc. There are stand-alone EMT-I courses available thru CCSN (Community College of Southern Nevada), but Paramedic programs aren't available to the general public. I have NO IDEA why that is, nor do I think it makes any sense, but that's the way it is :brickwall: :frown:

Jeremy

4. akulahawk

akulahawk

Since getting EMT-P training in the LV area itself might be a bit difficult (sponsorship issues), you could look into what the State of Nevada requires for certification/licensure and find a program that meets those requirements that is outside of the LV area... and yet is still close enough that you can drive there without much of a problem.

I don't know of any as I don't live in that area.