Media will whip up COVID hysteria all the way to the election

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by B C, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Glock17193643

Glock17193643

2. NMG26

NMG26

Bad info on the election flu? For the vast majority 3 days of symptoms if any is true. You just said yourself 30 percent have no symptoms at all.

Quit spreading fear for an election. Tell people that we will quite naturally win against a flu virus

3. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

30% are people WITHOUT symptoms; however, you were discussing people with SYMPTOMS, and your info was far from the true. Even if we used the 30% asymptomatics, it is not even close to “the vast majority” you are claiming, which is WRONG.

I am asking you again, where are you getting your information or are you passing bad information on purpose?

ezod98 likes this.
  4. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

Maybe that's what those millions of dollars from the Chinese was all about.

nrajeff likes this.
  5. B C

B C

Only because we have an overly hysterical Democrat ran media fearmongering and blaming Trump for it over the last 8 months.

Agonizer and nrajeff like this.
  6. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

Last week some msm were trying to scare Trump voters from showing up to the polls. Claim Corona virus cases were spiking. Mentioned Trump need high turnout in Calhoun county Michigan.

These scare reports likely backfired because the democrat voters are the ones being scared. Look at the Trump rallies. Ever increasing attendance.

ExecutiveWill and nrajeff like this.
  7. nrajeff

nrajeff

Yup, my 22-year-old felt flu symptoms, tested positive for the dreaded Covid, was put in quarantine in his college dorm, and was feeling better 3-5 days later. He was allowed out in public 2 weeks after that.

8. nrajeff

nrajeff

Is there any way to track donations from Soros to certain countries?

9. B C

B C

Yep, literally voter suppression tactics. Things the Democrats say Conservatives do with no evidence of anything such. Projection 101.

upload_2020-10-26_18-2-0.png

ExecutiveWill likes this.
  10. ss30378

ss30378

11. nrajeff

nrajeff

12. larry1096

larry1096

"For COVID-19, data to date suggest that 80% of infections are mild or asymptomatic, 15% are severe infection, requiring oxygen and 5% are critical infections, requiring ventilation."
    WHO website

So who's spreading bad info, Dr. Riddick?

Larry

Dave Brubaker likes this.
  13. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

Post the actual link and I will reply.

14. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

Lol @ "Dr. Riddick".

Dude is a rehab therapist and thinks that gives him a unique insight into COVID-19, since he's a "healthcare worker". News flash - the CNA's that work at jails, prisons, and nursing homes are also "healthcare workers" and they are only allowed to pass medication.

I'm not claiming to be anything more than a lowly grad student in a STEM field, but it's evident to me that Riddick has no idea of how the scientific method works. He cites news articles and other such nonsense from the mass media for his "proof" rather than source primary literature. My research is focused on waterfowl and not medicine - but, science is the same no matter the topic. My grad advisor would kick my ass straight out of the program if I tried to cite news articles as proof of anything.

In any case, he somehow thinks that working as a rehab guy in a long term healthcare facility gives him special insight into the issue. In reality, he's got no more real knowledge or experience on the topic than the 400 or so officers that work in the jail from which I retired. Many of them have had the virus and work in close quarters - often fighting with people - who have the virus. They've as much knowledge and experience as he does.

He just doesn't Iike El Presidente and everything he says is colored by that opinion. Given the gun control plan that is readily available on Biden's campaign website, how could ANYONE who values their guns vote for Biden?

Agonizer and Dave Brubaker like this.
  15. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

You are Larry;). Did you even read this info?

You are posting information from March 2020 and was a reply to this question:

Q. How are COVID-19 and influenza viruses different?

https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...0306-sitrep-46-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=96b04adf_4

In a minute, I will post something current because we know much more about covid vs 7 months ago.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  16. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

You are a grad student with ZERO clinical experience or license to treat (covid or ANY patients). Our GNAs have more clinical (including covid) experience than you!!

KFC and Chick-Fil-A are always hiring ;)

17. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

You have no nursing experience, either. Growing up with a mother who has an MSN and a stepmother with a BSN, I know a tad bit about nursing. You provide rehab therapy, nothing more. You can'tp ass meds to your residents or do anything other than help them walk or regain lost function of a limb, etc.

It's a good and necessary job, but you paint yourself as someone with vast knowledge of infectious disease. You're not. At all. Stop playing at it and be happy with what you are, rather than pretend to be more.

As for me, I'm not a medical guy at all, but I do understand science. You apparently do not, based on your posts. And, I have a tad bit more life experience than most grad students, being a 20 retired LEO who served both inside a jail and on the road. I'll happily compare resumes, if you want to have that pissing contest.

Agonizer and Dave Brubaker like this.
  18. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

May as well fact check the covid numbers at snopes. Or perhaps cnn.

I take my medical information regarding covid from practicing pulmunologists. Not some political driven web site.

19. Glock17193643

Glock17193643

20. George Kaplan

George Kaplan emeritus

Ooohhh...scary. Sounds like another day for me. If that's all, I either have continuous COVID or wouldn't know if I did.

ExecutiveWill likes this.