GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 275 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
This is funny because you either do not know the defintion of a plan:a detailed proposal for doing or achieving something.Or you are simply trolling.
What's actually funny is that you failed to provide (maybe you don't know it, or maybe you're simply trolling) the definition of "response."

Maybe, for your next post, you could respond by achieving or doing something to provide that definition, along with the reasons why a response cannot also be a plan.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Are you aware our federal government is responsible for public health?
Are you aware that Congress is part of the federal government?

Also, please quote the “mandate” or are you simply adding stuff?
I apologize if you aren't advocating any govt.- mandated citizen behavior in "response" to the Covid pandemic.

Of course, if you are advocating that the federal government require mandatory behavior on the part of citizens as part of a "planned"... "response" to Covid, then I of course have nothing to apologize for.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Are you aware that Congress is part of the federal government?

I apologize if you aren't advocating any govt.- mandated citizen behavior in "response" to the Covid pandemic.

Of course, if you are advocating that the federal government require mandatory behavior on the part of citizens as part of a "planned"... "response" to Covid, then I of course have nothing to apologize for.
Still dodging because the leadership comes directly from our President.

“The Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services is chosen by the President of the United States and sits in his Cabinet. The head of the Public Health Service, the Assistant Secretary for Health, is also appointed by the President. The Surgeon General, who is also appointed by the President, acts as an adviser to the Secretary and the Assistant Secretary.”

The President is in charge of the executive branch of the federal government and is also the chief administrator.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Yes, you are out;) You are trying to compare a legal choice (abortions) to a contagious “plague” (Trump’s words).
Nice job with moving the goal post!
I am not sure I moved the goal post, but it's possible.

Let's look at your post that I responded to with the abortion analogy:

You cannot ignore >200k and counting in AMERICAN deaths and simply ignore it.
(Apparently, you meant that a President can't ignore that many American deaths without there being adverse political consequences, but it's possible you meant that it's immoral for a President to ignore that many deaths. Feel free to elaborate on what you meant if it's important)

So the issue was American deaths, and whether you can ignore them or not.

I provided an example of American deaths that Presidents have ignored, and I'm not sure that it caused serious political repercussions for those Presidents.

Deaths are deaths, and the people who died may not care whether they died from a contagious disease that wasn't combatted as hard as you wanted, or whether they died from someone's deliberate violent acts.

·
Registered
977 Posts
CDC report stated only 6% of deaths were attributed directly to COVID with an average of 2.6 other complications that could have been the cause on the other 94%. However death certificates have been labeled at COVID as the cause.

I’ve personally witnessed 2 deaths labeled as COVID but they weren’t even tested for covid (heart disease in both instances) and they refuse to change the cause of death on the certificate.

Three members of my team tested positive for covid had subsequently retested negative 2 days later showing tests are very flawed.

How do you try to come with a plan when the numbers are being so inflated? Lock everyone down crush the economy for what? To push a fear narrative that we can never live the same lives we had before and sacrifice everything “for the children”.

No thanks.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Maybe if the Covid in Chief had a plan, this would not a big deal. Plus, it would have been a HUGE boost for his re-election if he had a PLAN. Agree or disagree, covid is BIG news.

You cannot ignore >200k and counting in AMERICAN deaths and simply ignore it. He could very well lose this election because of this.
I am not sure I moved the goal post, but it's possible.

Let's look at your post that I responded to with the abortion analogy:

(Apparently, you meant that a President can't ignore that many American deaths without there being adverse political consequences, but it's possible you meant that it's immoral for a President to ignore that many deaths. Feel free to elaborate on what you meant if it's important)

So the issue was American deaths, and whether you can ignore them or not.

I provided an example of American deaths that Presidents have ignored, and I'm not sure that it caused serious political repercussions for those Presidents.

Deaths are deaths, and the people who died may not care whether they died from a contagious disease that wasn't combatted as hard as you wanted, or whether they died from someone's deliberate violent acts.
Context matters, and you narrowly focused on a single sentence. In your previous reply, you wanted to add “mandate” to one of post (and that was not the truth). Yes, you are attempting to move the goal post.

·
NRA Life Member
63,378 Posts
Yep. Our Governor announces a new record of cases and deaths every day and the Democrats have a complete breakdown if anybody casts doubt on his BS.

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,473 Posts
Sounds like our governer.

Oh no we are having a surge? What to do? Masks!

Masks didn't work! The surge is getting worse, what now?

More masks! More masks! MOAR MASKS!!
Absolutely. Back a couple months ago, the Wisconsin DNR mandated their people wearing masks even during a video call- when they are ALL ALONE.... that point then, exactly, is when I lost ANY respect (albeit very little) I ever had for "our" governor.... he is firmly on my IGNORE list now.
And yes, the local news keeps hammering the numbers- over and over. Gets very tiring- I simply do not care anymore.
BTW- how is that Recall Evers thing going? ..... it was a big deal at work- LOTS of signatures.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Absolutely. Back a couple months ago, the Wisconsin DNR mandated their people wearing masks even during a video call- when they are ALL ALONE.... that point then, exactly, is when I lost ANY respect (albeit very little) I ever had for "our" governor.... he is firmly on my IGNORE list now.
And yes, the local news keeps hammering the numbers- over and over. Gets very tiring- I simply do not care anymore.
BTW- how is that Recall Evers thing going? ..... it was a big deal at work- LOTS of signatures.
As of last week I heard they said they had enough signatures to recall but we're working on paddign the numbers as much as possible, against rejects or whatnot. At least that's what the guy on The Average Joe show said... Wednesday? Thursday? One of those.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
It will be interesting to see how the coverage of the virus changes after Nov. 3rd, or I should say by whatever date we know a winner.

If Joe wins, they simply cannot continue negative coverage, right?

If Trump wins, the political value of the coverage is gone though the hatred and spite will always remain.
This^

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Maybe if the Covid in Chief had a plan, this would not a big deal. Plus, it would have been a HUGE boost for his re-election if he had a PLAN. Agree or disagree, covid is BIG news.

You cannot ignore >200k and counting in AMERICAN deaths and simply ignore it. He could very well lose this election because of this.
You are being played.

61 - 80 of 275 Posts