GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
1. Wear a mask and encourage Americans to wear masks. ALL of my staff would be REQUIRED to wear masks. If Americans see us wearing them, many will likely follow my lead.

2. Social distancing and handwashing. I would not downplay this infection because I knew about it in Jan. I woud have ZERO events with large crowds without mask or social distancing. I would also DISCOURAGE large gatherings.

3. I would have a plan based on science. This plan would be shared with our governors with their respected inputs and modified when needed. Finally, I would ACTUALLY follow the recommendations of my task force, CDC, Surgeon General, and Dept of Health.

Well all that is being done.

No new ideas after all.

·
Registered
531 Posts
1. Wear a mask and encourage Americans to wear masks. ALL of my staff would be REQUIRED to wear masks. If Americans see us wearing them, many will likely follow my lead.

2. Social distancing and handwashing. I would not downplay this infection because I knew about it in Jan. I woud have ZERO events with large crowds without mask or social distancing. I would also DISCOURAGE large gatherings.

3. I would have a plan based on science. This plan would be shared with our governors with their respected inputs and modified when needed. Finally, I would ACTUALLY follow the recommendations of my task force, CDC, Surgeon General, and Dept of Health.
I will give you credit. You have articulated 3 steps on this issue. I would tend to follow you on #1 and 3 somewhat, would defiantly skip #2 the Zero gathering part.. People need people and need to be in contact with people. Its part of the human soul. We need a hug, we need to be with friends. It is what fuels us. We need things like church and AA.

So then what are you going to do with me when I violate #2 ? Lock me up? I am required to wear a mask at work. That M.F. gets pulled off the second I get to my desk. I put it on to go potty and to visit other areas. Nobody in my group wears the damn thing. 4 of us have had CV19 like sickness around Dec/Jan including yours truly. Kicked our asses a week or so and moved on. My brother, his wife and very young son had it in January. Kicked them hard for 2 weeks. They survived. He is SC HP and she works for DSS.

FYI - I am 53 and in pretty good health. I don't take any prescriptions. I like to take long walks on the beach at night (just put this in for a smile).

I consider myself damn lucky.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Well all that is being done.

No new ideas after all.
Explain the Trump’s rallies? He is not wearing a mask, there is no social distancing, and the majority are not wearing mask.

How about his staff wearing mask?

Trump CONTINUES to downplay covid and is misleading Americans because there is an active surge in cases, hospitalization, and eventually deaths.

No, Trump does not have a plan and is not actively speaking with governors. They are managing this alone. Trump is not ACTIVELY following the guidelines of the agencies I have listed.

No, the President is not doing the things I have listed.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Explain the Trump’s rallies? He is not wearing a mask, there is no social distancing, and the majority are not wearing mask.

How about his staff wearing mask?

Trump CONTINUES to downplay covid and is misleading Americans because there is an active surge in cases, hospitalization, and eventually deaths.

No, Trump does not have a plan and is not actively speaking with governors. They are managing this alone. Trump is not ACTIVELY following the guidelines of the agencies I have listed.

No, the President is not doing the things I have listed.
Explain to me why fauci does not criticise the democrat protests riots or the women against Amy protest for not wearing masks or social distancing.

No objective reason other than politics.

Trump rallies a significant portion do wear masks in case you actually watch on RightSide Broidcasting. And they are outdoors.

The president supports masks when appropriate.

Oh yes one more fauci edicts. Wear masks when driving in your car. Even wear your mask around your home. Great move. What a star!

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
I will give you credit. You have articulated 3 steps on this issue. I would tend to follow you on #1 and 3 somewhat, would defiantly skip #2 the Zero gathering part.. People need people and need to be in contact with people. Its part of the human soul. We need a hug, we need to be with friends. It is what fuels us. We need things like church and AA.

So then what are you going to do with me when I violate #2 ? Lock me up? I am required to wear a mask at work. That M.F. gets pulled off the second I get to my desk. I put it on to go potty and to visit other areas. Nobody in my group wears the damn thing. 4 of us have had CV19 like sickness around Dec/Jan including yours truly. Kicked our asses a week or so and moved on. My brother, his wife and very young son had it in January. Kicked them hard for 2 weeks. They survived. He is SC HP and she works for DSS.

FYI - I am 53 and in pretty good health. I don't take any prescriptions. I like to take long walks on the beach at night (just put this in for a smile).

I consider myself damn lucky.
It is up to your governor (as it should) to manage what happens to those that do not follow the guidelines, and not the POTUS.

I would hope you would follow guidelines because we are in this TOGETHER.

I am also in my 50’s with good health. I was infected with covid earlier this year at my job (inpatient sub acute rehab). It is a nasty bug and it took about 45 days before I felt like my normal self. I foolishly returned to work in 2 weeks because we were hit hard and people were dying.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Explain to me why fauci does not criticise the democrat protests riots or the women against Amy protest for not wearing masks or social distancing.

Exactly. He won't take a stance on that, but takes shots at Trump for a Rose Garden ceremony or Trump rallies. He's playing politics.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts

Trump rallies a significant portion do wear masks in case you actually watch on RightSide Broidcasting. And they are outdoors.

The president supports masks when appropriate.

Oh yes one more fauci edicts. Wear masks when driving in your car. Even wear your mask around your home. Great move. What a star!
Your deflection is noted. You claimed President is doing all the things I listed, but WE know he is not doing these things. Fauchi or Biden is not the POTUS.

“a significant portion do wear masks”

Where are you getting this info? Please post pics and locations of the rallies you are claiming because I am calling BS. People outside in large gatherings should still wear masks AND practice social distancing.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
You cannot ignore >200k and counting in AMERICAN deaths and simply ignore it. He could very well lose this election because of this.
If you can ignore >600K in abortion deaths--where every one of those deaths was the direct result of abortion--then you can ignore 200K suspicious ones that MAY be the direct result of Covid...or some of which may be "Patient had terminal cancer, but Covid was also detected in the corpse."

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
If you can ignore >600K in abortion deaths--where every one of those deaths was the direct result of abortion--then you can ignore 200K suspicious ones that MAY be the direct result of Covid...or some of which may be "Patient had terminal cancer, but Covid was also detected in the corpse."
Apples and oranges. Abortions are legal, people are CHOOSING to have them, and they are not infectious.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
1. Wear a mask and encourage Americans to wear masks.
That is a RESPONSE, not a plan.

2. Social distancing and handwashing.

3. I would have a plan based on science.
LOL.

"Riddick, what's YOUR plan to save the world from Covid?"

"My plan is to have a plan, the actual details of which I will tell you at some later date when I actually have a plan, which proves that I currently do not have a plan. That is my plan."

Again: LOL

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You beat me to the point on the abortions. It is amazing how liberals consistently ignore this as if none of these children had actually died. These were healthy kids who would have survived covid, instead these doctors killed them and not a peep from democrats. The 200K reported deaths is a BS number and they know it. I also cannot recall people from Trump rallies falling over dead and the rallies are growing in number. Fauci is a fraud, still waiting to see one piece of actual scientific data that supports anything this clown has said. This pic says it all and tells you where these covid deaths came from. Seems to run parallel with democrats ideology......

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
It is up to your governor (as it should) to manage what happens to those that do not follow the guidelines, and not the POTUS.
LOL. So first you criticize Trump because you think his "response" to the Covid pandemic is not good enough, and because he has no plan, according to you.

(Someone might point out that laws mandating what the citizens must do are supposed to come from the Legislative branch of the federal govt., but hold that thought...)

Then you admit that any actual enforcement of the mandated compliance that you want imposed upon American citizens, should happen at the STATE level, by each state's GOVERNOR, so you're admitting that Trump is essentially POWERLESS to force us all to wear our masks while driving alone in our cars, or in our mandatorily-limited gatherings of 10 or less, etc.

Now tell us again how Trump is to blame for those 200,000 Covid deaths (or the 200 million that both Biden and Pres. Kamala have mentioned).

·
Registered
4,275 Posts

LOL.

"Riddick, what's YOUR plan to save the world from Covid?"

"My plan is to have a plan, the actual details of which I will tell you at some later date when I actually have a plan, which proves that I currently do not have a plan. That is my plan."

Again: LOL
This is funny because you either do not know the defintion of a plan:

a detailed proposal for doing or achieving something.

Or you are simply trolling. Either way, I will offer the same question to you: What is our President’s covid plan?

·
National Capitalist
7,862 Posts
Fauci is saying on left stream cable that we need a federal mask mandate well into 2033.

Vaccines are not the magic solution.

No family Thanksgiving dinners.

Lockdown for ever!

What a star.
Did he really say 2033? Seriously?

He can go **** his mother.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
LOL. So first you criticize Trump because you think his "response" to the Covid pandemic is not good enough, and because he has no plan, according to you.

(Someone might point out that laws mandating what the citizens must do are supposed to come from the Legislative branch of the federal govt., but hold that thought...)

Then you admit that any actual enforcement of the mandated compliance that you want imposed upon American citizens, should happen at the STATE level, by each state's GOVERNOR, so you're admitting that Trump is essentially POWERLESS to force us all to wear our masks while driving alone in our cars, or in our mandatorily-limited gatherings of 10 or less, etc.

Now tell us again how Trump is to blame for those 200,000 Covid deaths (or the 200 million that both Biden and Pres. Kamala have mentioned).
Are you aware our federal government is responsible for public health?
Summary of the Public Health System in the United States

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK218212/

“The federal government plays a large role in the public health system in the country. It surveys the population's health status and health needs, sets policies and standards, passes laws and regulations, supports biomedical and health services research, helps finance and sometimes delivers personal health services, provides technical assistance and resources to state and local health systems, provides protection against international health threats, and supports international efforts toward global health.”

Also, please quote the “mandate” or are you simply adding stuff?

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Apples and oranges. Abortions are legal, people are CHOOSING to have them, and they are not infectious.
Do I really need to explain how each of your reasons is fallacious as alleged reasons why it's okay to ignore those deaths, and therefore my analogy is not apples/oranges?

1. The fact that something is currently legal does not necessarily mean that it's okay to do, let alone okay to IGNORE--especially when lives are being taken. Slavery was legal, so you're saying it was okay to ignore it for the entire time it was legal. So strike one.

2. The fact that the killing is done deliberately (people are choosing to do it) does not necessarily mean that it's okay to do and to ignore--indeed, that makes it MORE horrific, not less. You're saying the Nazi extermination of Jews was okay because people were CHOOSING to kill those Jews. (And, as a bonus, it was LEGAL at the time!) I mean, why would intentional homicide be more okay to ignore than accidental homicide? As Joe would say, "Come ON, man."
So, strike two.

3. "Abortion deaths are not infectious." Still not a valid reason to ignore those deaths. Cancer is not infectious, so we should ignore the 600,000-per-year deaths from cancer? (That's coincidentally about the same number of people who die from deliberate abortions)
I'm not seeing a compelling argument for only caring about deaths that are the result of diseases that are infectious.

Looks like Strike Three to me.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Do I really need to explain how each of your reasons is fallacious as alleged reasons why it's okay to ignore those deaths, and therefore my analogy is not apples/oranges?

1. The fact that something is currently legal does not necessarily mean that it's okay to do, let alone okay to IGNORE--especially when lives are being taken. Slavery was legal, so you're saying it was okay to ignore it for the entire time it was legal. So strike one.

2. The fact that the killing is done deliberately (people are choosing to do it) does not necessarily mean that it's okay to do and to ignore--indeed, that makes it MORE horrific, not less. You're saying the Nazi extermination of Jews was okay because people were CHOOSING to kill those Jews. (And, as a bonus, it was LEGAL at the time!) I mean, why would intentional homicide be more okay to ignore than accidental homicide? As Joe would say, "Come ON, man."
So, strike two.

3. "Abortion deaths are not infectious." Still not a valid reason to ignore those deaths. Cancer is not infectious, so we should ignore the 600,000-per-year deaths from cancer? (That's coincidentally about the same number of people who die from deliberate abortions)
I'm not seeing a compelling argument for only caring about deaths that are the result of diseases that are infectious.

Looks like Strike Three to me.
Yes, you are out;)

You are trying to compare a legal choice (abortions) to a contagious “plague” (Trump’s words). You cannot “catch” an abortion and do not need to wear PPE around anyone that choose to have one (two, three, etc).

Nice job with moving the goal post!

41 - 60 of 275 Posts