close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Media Quietly Dropping the Trayvon Martin Story?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by maxsnafu, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

2. Jonesee

Jonesee

The news has had nothing but discussion of the case over the last 2 hours. It doesn't look like they are dropping it at all.

I just ran through the channels. Fox, CNN, HLN and MSNBC all were discussing it at the same time. I live in Florida, and all the local channels are covering it too.

Give me a channel I missed and I will look it up. It appears everyone is covering it tonight at the same time.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  3. Just1More

Just1More

Imagine this scenerio. June rolls around and no arrest has been made in the Trayvon Martin case. ObamaCare gets struck down. Nobody is getting their mortgages or gas paid for. It's hot and Obama's poll numbers are falling fast.

Could get interesting.

4. sbhaven

sbhaven

The problem the media has when it hypes these kinds of stories/crimes is they run their mouths before they have all of the facts. Or purposely ignore the facts, like posting pictures of Martin at age 13 rather than age 17 since it damages the story they are trying to push.

It happened in the Tawana Brawley case, the Richard Jewel case, the Duke Lacrosse case and others over the years. People's, including the MSM's, cannot help themselves. They let their emotions get the best of them, the facts be damned. Toss in the race pimps/race baiters who are constantly seeking media face time and you have another perfect media storm where everyone tries to profit off those involved in the shooting.

5. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

6. sbhaven

sbhaven

Looks like the SFD may have done a good job at cleaning him up (while he was in the back of the police cruiser) before clearing him to be transported to the Sandford Police Department.

The partially released police report indicates one of the officers states he was in such close contact with Zimmerman that he noticed Zimmerman was bleeding from his nose and back of head.
    :dunno:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  7. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Paramedics patched him up at the scene according to everything I've read.

8. sbhaven

sbhaven

Which is what I meant by saying he was cleaned up. If one reads the police report, SFD treated Zimmerman at the scene, in the back of the police car, before he was taken to the Sanford police department.

What we don't know yet is if any paperwork was generated by SFD, and what it injuries it may show, when they treated Zimmerman at the scene.

9. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Agreed. I was confirming what you had said. I could have done it better :wavey:

10. GWSHARK

GWSHARK BITEYAHEADOFF

I certainly expected him to be in worse condition than he appeared to be in seeing how he was beaten within an inch of his life.

11. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Where did you read that?

12. GWSHARK

GWSHARK BITEYAHEADOFF

I don't know how to read... just heard yall talking about it.

13. Jonesee

Jonesee

I'm skeptical.
    Any of you who have been in a fist fight, and especially have had your nose broken should know better.

When I was younger, I wasn't always an angel. After giving my best and taking someone else's best over the years I can tell you, if you break your nose you bleed like a stuck hog!!

You have blood all over your shirt, your pants, and everywhere else. If you break someone else's nose in a fist fight, you have their blood all over you. Especially if you are close enough to be wrestling on the ground.

And within 30 minutes to an hour, swelling is setting in and the black eyes are starting to show.

Zimmerman's clothes were much to clean to have had his nose broken.

I'm not taking sides. Just an observation from someone who has had their nose broken in a fight, and has broken a nose or 2 in fights.

Think about it.... And if you haven't had your nose broken in a bar fight or broken someone else's, don't bother commenting because you simply don't know.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  14. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

I didn't. Matter of fact, while I did bleed a bit, none got on my uniform, and I responded to a second fight while still treating my nose - which had just been smashed into my face by an inmate.

No black eyes that day, no blood all over the place...and yeah, my nose has a big hump in it from that day. But, not everyone is the same - I don't bruise easy, and things that leave no marks on me will make large nasty purple marks on my wife.

15. Jonesee

Jonesee

Call me skeptical.

I've seen many broken noses. Been there myself. Coached wrestling for years. Broken noses bleed a lot. Any head injury tends to bleed a lot.

Everyone is different though.

Maybe it is different for you and other men of steel.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  16. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Aw, look...he tries to be funny. How quaint.

Yep, you're right - everyone is the same. That's why some 17 year old cockroach just took 8 rounds of .45 after pointing a gun at a cop and lived. Or why medicine affects everyone the same. Or why my broken nose bled, but not like the proverbial stuck pig. But, since you were there on 12-30-00, fighting alongside me, I'm sure you knew that already.

I've seen my share of fights, including people who have been kicked so hard, the end result was brain shift and surgery within 20 minutes of arriving at the hospital. He was a bit bloody, but not so much you think massive head trauma. But, I'm sure you dealt with stuff like that all the time in high school wrestling....its a hardcore sport where participants actively try to kill each other...literally.

17. ballr4lyf

ballr4lyf

I have to say it... Pwnt!!

18. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

Wrasslers is hard ****in' core!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

19. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

Looks like now, NBC is re-manufacturing the evidence .....:upeyes: