close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Medi-no-care

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by The Fed, Jan 3, 2013.

1. The Fed

The Fed

Just spoke with a former co-worker. His wife needs both hips replaced. She had the first one done about five months ago. Medicare refused to pay. He also has federal employee insurance and they said they will pay if Medicare does not.

Medicare refused to pay because they do not consider the operations medically necessary. Something to consider – Uncle Sam thinks you should be in wheelchair, writhing in pain. I guess they figure it's cheaper for pain pills and a wheelchair than paying $106,000 for hip replacements.

Didn't Obamacare include death panels (review boards)? Didn't the supporters say that was a lie?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  2. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Gimme, gimme, gimme! HH

3. nursetim

nursetim

The American public and the doctors, more so the doctors, deserve the socialized medicine we are getting. I told my prisoner/patients that if they get out they will have the same kind of health care as they had inside. My stepfather's brother, step uncle?, was a pathologist. He said for 30 odd yrs that if we ever have socialized medicine, that physicians have no no one to blame but themselves. It seems he was ahead of his time.

This may not be all bad. People will have to take responsibility for their own health or suffer greatly or even die.

4. RenoF250

RenoF250

How do you keep your hips from wearing out??

5. meathead19

meathead19

Dear leader has stated on record that a pill is sometimes the best answer for those that have outlived their usefullness.

Sad, but it is what it is.

6. Bucknasty

Bucknasty

Don't eat at buffets.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Better include don't extreme cycle or walk, or run... wear and tear on the body happens. It happens because we are living longer than our bodies were designed to. So the penalty for long life is a body that wears out and breaks down, regardless of how well you take care of yourself.

8. Gunny Lingus

Gunny Lingus Think it moved

Everything they've said has been a lie.

I like Rand Pauls approach. Republicans vote "present" and let the democrats raise taxes and destroy the economy.

9. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Anyone that relies on the government gets what they deserve. It's always been that way and always will. End of story.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  10. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Fed, Fed, Fed... You just don't get it... :shakehead:

You need to pony up for that fifth illegitimate puppy that—life-on-the-dole—baby-mamma's about to squeeze out... :upeyes:

And don't forget all those freebees, for those deserved illegal aliens hunkered down here... :whistling:

We must encourage and nurture all those future Liberal-Democrats, and the Big Government Infrastructure they support... :miff:

In the meantime, STFU while we work to disarm you... :tongueout:

--Ray

11. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

It's all in the documentation. Medicare pays for hip replacements all of the time.

www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNMattersArticles/downloads/se1236.pdf

"joint replacement surgery is reserved for patients whose symptoms have not responded to other treatments. To avoid denial of claims for major joint replacement surgery, the medical records should contain enough
    detailed information to support the determination that major joint replacement surgery was reasonable and necessary for the patient. [FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial Narrow]Progress notes consisting of only conclusive statements should be avoided.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial Narrow][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial Narrow][/FONT][/FONT]"

There is much more detail provided on what they look for.

John

12. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Shhhhh. It's better to just blame Obama Death Panels.

Making people FIGHT for their health care is a FANTASTIC idea.

Why?

Go to Miami Beach. Sit with the old people. They spend more on health care, per capita, than anywhere in the country. "So, Sol. I got a MRI on my pinky yesterday." "An MRI? I need one of those, too. I'm going to call that cute doctor and get one."

While that is an extreme example, giving people full choice of expensive options means people are going to over-use them.

My wife's family has a SEVERE history of breast cancer. Her mother had it, both aunts, both grandmothers and her cousin died at 40 from it.

SO. . . her doctor reco'd that she have an MRI annually to rule it out.

It took us a YEAR of fighting the insurance company.

Why?

Because they don't toss out boobie-MRI's to everyone with zero symptoms. Because pretty soon everyone wants one.

Cost control is necessary. When everyone is told "hey, it's covered - just go get it" everyone just goes and gets it.

It's the polar opposite of socialized medicine.