Mech Tech 10mm?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by FatNslow, Jan 30, 2017.

1. FatNslow

FatNslow

I'm totally itching for a Mech Tech. I'm really thinking about getting one. Have any of you used one for hunting? I'm thinking a 10mm with 180-200g hard cast with a heft charge of blue dot would lay the smack down on a deer or pig. I use to have a Glock 20. I sold it because I stopped reloading. I've recently started back up again and I'm really thinking about getting another G20. I have a G21. My understanding is I could get a Mech Tech in 10mm and use my G21 frame. Anyway, any deer or pigs harvested with a Mech Tech 10mm?

2. Chordeiles

Chordeiles

The Mech Tech is on my list. Hopefully will have one by the end of the year. Like you stated, I should be able to use my G21 frame for 10mm.

3. FatNslow

FatNslow

I'm super tempted to try to find a Gen 3 Glock 20 then get the Mech Tech in 10mm. I'd leave the G20 frame on the Mech Tech and toss the G20 upper in my pistol bag with my G21 when I wanted to shoot 10mm I'd just swap slides. Throw in a 9X25 barrel and that would be a hoot!

4. Chordeiles

Chordeiles

I didn't think of that. Sure. Why not? Sounds like a winner!;)

5. collim1

collim1

10mm, especially from a carbine, will kill the crap out of a deer.

The Internet commandos these days expect to shoot a deer and it fall over dead and be field dressed so you will likely get some "use a rifle" replies.

Chordeiles and Slackinoff like this.
  6. Slackinoff

Slackinoff Bathed in lavender and gasoline

True statement above.....The people just couldn't fathom I was using 556 for deer.

7. collim1

collim1

I have seen more deer lost from people shooting magnum rifle rounds with ballistic tip HP than most anything else, even archery. They expect the bullet to do the work for them and take crappy shots.

I shot and ethically recovered a deer last week with a .357magnum revolver loaded with 158g Gold Dot JHP.

10mm will definitely do the job. No worries.