Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the mecgar anti-friction mag? In either 9mm 45acp.
Also do you prefer the 10 round or 9 round 9mm magazine? Any reliability issues with the 10 round 9mm mags?
Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
I ordered a 10 rd 9mm for my Rock Island 9mm 1911. It will not feed the first and second rounds off the top of a full mag. Nose dives them into the feed ramp every time. It will feed the last eight no problem. It has me confounded as I can't see anything wrong with the mag. All I know is my Wilson Combats work perfectly. Guess they're worth the extra $. I need to find someone with a 9mm 1911 and let them try it and see if it's specific to my gun. To bad too cause it looks like a nice magazine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same problem with my new Kimber Custom LW 9mm. Mecgars work fine in my old Colt 1991 9mm w/o a ramped barrel. Metalform 10 rounders work fine in the Kimber but are nearly impossible to unload by hand. I have to put the magazine in the gun and rack the first couple of rounds thru the gun to unload the mags. I have not tried the Metalforms in the Colt yet.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I like my 9 round flush fit Kimber mags, but have to load them to 8+1 instead of 9+1.
Tried one 10 rounder, trouble on the first two, so it looks like 8 is it for my Kimber Target II.
That's OK, no need to buy one of those gawd awful mag funnels or expensive 10 round mags.

·
1911 lover
10,157 Posts
I bought maybe 10 of the expensive wilson 10 round 45acp mags.. i use them for limited 10 IPSC .. and when I carry a 1911 for defense I often carry one in pocket and a couple in my glove box in my car just in case.. they are expensive but work great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts