close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Me and the Thruxton at the Dragon

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by WellArmedSheep, Jun 26, 2006.

1. WellArmedSheep

WellArmedSheep NRA Member

Here's a couple of photos of me and my Thruxton from our visit to Deal's Gap Friday. Just hit "next" to see all 9. The last one is my favorite because it shows more than just me and the bike, and is a nice section of road.

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts...0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0&nphoto=0DAE005G0B1552

These are from www.dragonslayerphotos.com from our second run through...I'm looking forward to seeing killboy's once he gets them uploaded, but he had left by the time we made our second run.

The Thruxton ran great all weekend while we were in the smokies. 300 miles each day. I wasn't near as comfortable as I would have been on my previous bike (HD Road King), but the time spent on the great roads up there made all of the post ride soreness worth it.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Very interesting. I didn't realize that the Thruxton's footpegs were in that extreme of a position.

3. WellArmedSheep

They don't look it, but it only takes a few miles of riding to figure it out.:supergrin:

4. FoxMustang

FoxMustang We Deal in Lead

Cool pics, and cool bike :thumbsup:

5. WellArmedSheep

6. rick601

rick601

Nice!! I see you got used to the bike and decided to keep it- like you said!

It looks like you are fairly upright- are those the stock handlebars??

recently on my Kawasaki (82 750 LTD) I was getting leg cramps and put my feet on the passenger pegs- just to see - and it was really more comfortable- I'm wondering if I should seriously look at the Thruxton!-I'm curious to follow your ownership experience!

7. WellArmedSheep

The reason I look like I'm pretty upright is my gorilla arms.:) I'm 6'4" with 36" sleeves and inseam. Those are the stock clip-ons. I'm surprised at how little my legs and knees are affected by the riding position. My right knee has been giving me fits in my old age (I'm 27), in fact just sitting at this desk for extended periods with my legs stationary will make it ache before too long. I've found that just changing foot position on the pegs occasionally (from the proper "ball of foot on the peg" to toes on the peg to full noob arch on the peg) helps out tremendously.

Keeping most of your weight on your feet and legs will help reduce the strain on your arms and back.

This information may be old hat to some, but this is my first non-cruiser (besides my CB750 project which I have yet to ride), so I'm figuring it out as I go along.

Overall I'm very pleased with the Thruxton. It's just plain fun to ride, and I reckon it's about as close to motorcycling in its purest form as I've ever gotten.

8. norton

norton

I like your bike. No excess plastic.
    Kinda like the days of the UJM.

9. WellArmedSheep

10. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

Man, that is a good looking bike. I really like the bars and the cafe look.

11. WellArmedSheep

Thanks, DB! I've put about 2300 miles on it since I bought it and the more I ride it the more I like it. I've got some ideas rolling around in my head for some ways to personalize it...as if it wasn't unique already.:cool:

12. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I need more power, Scott!!!

:supergrin: