Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Private side
11,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any have/had both? Any real differences other than the handguards /forearms?
I like the look of the Patrol over the Virtus and as a bonus, it comes in black in the 5.56.
I already have a 716 but for the 5.56 I want the folding or collapsible stock option and not just another version of the old AR platform.
Insight and experience appreciated.

·
Registered
6,508 Posts
I have the older MCX Patrol, but the newer model has some improvements over mine. AS for the new MCX Patrol and the MCX VIRTUS Patrol, I just viewed SIG videos on each. It appears that the major differences are the color and the handguard. Both have pretty much the same operational features. The MCX Patrol handguard has Keymod pattern slots and the VIRTUS Patrol has M-LOK pattern slots and is longer. To me, it boils down to personal preference. I will say this, I really like my older MCX Patrol. I did install an ALG ACT trigger. The stock trigger sucked. The new MCXs have a much better trigger already installed.

0011.JPG

·
Private side
11,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the older MCX Patrol, but the newer model has some improvements over mine. AS for the new MCX Patrol and the MCX VIRTUS Patrol, I just viewed SIG videos on each. It appears that the major differences are the color and the handguard. Both have pretty much the same operational features. The MCX Patrol handguard has Keymod pattern slots and the VIRTUS Patrol has M-LOK pattern slots and is longer. To me, it boils down to personal preference. I will say this, I really like my older MCX Patrol. I did install an ALG ACT trigger. The stock trigger sucked. The new MCXs have a much better trigger already installed.

View attachment 743022
I bought the MCX Patrol. It was sitting in the shop since the Pulse Nightclub shooting and it wasn't selling because everyone seemed to want the Virtus. I put a Romeo 7 on it but haven't had a chance to go to the range. Now to save up for the MPX.

·
Registered
6,508 Posts
I bought the MCX Patrol. It was sitting in the shop since the Pulse Nightclub shooting and it wasn't selling because everyone seemed to want the Virtus. I put a Romeo 7 on it but haven't had a chance to go to the range. Now to save up for the MPX.
I think you made a good choice. I like my other SIG rifles too. You cannot go wrong with their rifles or pistols.
002.JPG

Reactions: kyjd75 and J-Doo

·
Private side
11,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you made a good choice. I like my other SIG rifles too. You cannot go wrong with their rifles or pistols. View attachment 743030
My other Sigs are a 716, a 938 and a P210.
If you're in the panhandle, your only about 50 minutes from me. Did y'all get any tornadoes last night?

·
Registered
6,508 Posts
My other Sigs are a 716, a 938 and a P210.
If you're in the panhandle, your only about 50 minutes from me. Did y'all get any tornadoes last night?
I have a few SIG pistols too.

SIG SAUER Pistol Family Labeled 2020.jpg

I am in Pensacola. No tornados in my area. There were some areas in the northern part of Escambia that got some straight-line winds and knocked down some trees causing some damage. At our house, he had a little bit of wind and rain for a short while and then it was over. It did not amount to much.

Reactions: kyjd75 and J-Doo
1 - 7 of 7 Posts