close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

McNett is the best...

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by PhuzzyGnu, Jul 3, 2006.

1. PhuzzyGnu

PhuzzyGnu Señor Member

After 10+ years of bone-stock G20 ownershipm last night I apparently went crazy and placed orders for different items from:

DoubleTap ammo (2x 15rd G20 mags, Wolff 22# spring/guiderod)

MidWay USA (XS Big Dot Tritium sights)

Glockmeister (extended slidelock/slidestop/mag release levers, 3.5lb connector and NY1 spring)

BladeTech (Double mag holder)

Comp-Tac (settable cant belt slide holster)

I received an e-mail before noon this morning from Mike McNett at Doubletap saying my order had alredy shipped. How cool is that?

My experience tells me CompTac will be next followed by Midway, Glockmeister, and at some point in the distant future, Bladetech.

Thumbs up again.

-p.

2. PhuzzyGnu

PhuzzyGnu Señor Member

Hehe- Comp-Tac wins.

I got an e-mail from Tammy saying my holster had shipped and she also told me that they keep no stock- everything is made as orders are received. I did not know that.

Anyway, I got the Settable Cant holster (with candy) the next day - I am in Houston a stone's throw from Comp-Tac and the USPS must have picked it up and taken it straight to the office.

McNett's offering of (2)G20 mags and Wolff 22lb recoil spring arrived together with Midway's XS Big Dot sights the next day and the Glockmeister parts (extended mag catch/slide release/slide lock, 3.5lb connector, and NY1 spring) arrived the day after that.

Now, we just await the Blade-tech double mag-holder. Should be here by first snow.

---------------

The holster is awesome- I really like how it tucks close in to the body. The Wilderness belt really helps here. I have it at 15* cant, but I might change to 30* to see how it feels. One teeny-tiny hitch was that the bolt hole I needed to use to adjust to 15* was a little bit snug, but a quick reaming with the ol' pocketknife solved that.

The mags are mags and they now lie in wait with Doubletap 10mm 165gr GoldDots.

The Wolff 22lb recoil spring and bonus extra power firing pin spring took all of 2 minutes to install. The only part requiring thought was the little split-cup spring holder (whateverthehell the real part name is, I don't know) on the firing pin spring. Post-install, there is a noticeable increase in tension cycling the slide. With the stock recoil spring that had been in place 13 years and thousands of rounds, the G20 could be cycled by my 2-year old if I had ever dared allow it, and sometimes be made to sit out of battery- if only until the slightest of slight bumps. No chance of that now. Finally, slamming the slide into battery using the slide lock lever (I know, I know) sounds, well, more solid now.

The Big Dot sights glow really nicely in their package- I'll take them to a good 'smith and let him put them on and sight them in, because he'd probably be a little more perfect than me. can anyone recommend a good guy in Houston?

I'll also have the sight installer take 2.5 minutes and install the Glockmeister parts while he's got the gun. Call me lazy, but I've never disassembled the gun that far.

-j.

3. wizzi01

wizzi01

Yeah you will not be disappointed with comp-tac service. It usually takes them 3 days to get me a holster here in Michigan.

4. PhuzzyGnu

PhuzzyGnu Señor Member

This is my second holster from them. Both arrived within 2 days of ordering.

I have on two occasions broken clips for my C-TAC, and both times the sent me a replacement pair that arrived within two days.

I would not hesitate to buy another product from them.

-p.

5. PhuzzyGnu

PhuzzyGnu Señor Member

Miracle of miracles, I received the Bladetech dual mag holder on Thursday.

Probably the only reason it didn't take 40 days and 40 nights (Bible-speak for "a really long time") is that the G20 uses the same size holsters and mag holders as a G21, so Blade-tech probably had some stock on hand.

Pretty neat holder, nothing way impressive. A little expensive for what it is (okay, a lot expensive), but I'll get good use out of it.

-p.