Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it. I just ordered one and the appropriate adapter.

I've been googling around, watched some videos, seen some reviews.

How are contemporary examples holding up for owners? I realized this is one reason I just don't shoot my AR-22 as much as I ever thought I would. Loading those 25 round mags is a PITA. I have the steel loader from CMMG, but that doesn't do a whole lot to make it better.

Love to hear from owners of the McFaden. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate it. I figured I'd give it a shot, and see for myself. Loading those mags is definitely a show stopper. I have 7 of them, and it's fun to blast right through them, then... I'm like "Well Done shooting .22LR today!" :D Just kidding, but still, I don't have time to go change targets during cease fires because loading 7 of those takes a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is 6 years old and pushed no less than 500k rounds into magazines, both Cmmg and S&W 15-22 and it's been an absolute champ! Only issue is when feeding it a steady diet of VERY waxy ammo it will need to be dismantled and cleaned, usually once as year.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is 6 years old and pushed no less than 500k rounds into magazines, both Cmmg and S&W 15-22 and it's been an absolute champ! Only issue is when feeding it a steady diet of VERY waxy ammo it will need to be dismantled and cleaned, usually once as year.
Thanks for your first post at Glocktalk to tell me that :D Welcome in :) Most of us here are friendly... 😂

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got it, and loaded 25 rounds, twice. It did jam up a bit, once the round got totally stuck. I know it'll break in, but... I can't say I'm super impressed. I plan to return it, Amazon makes returns easy.

It really is faster to actually get the rounds in the magazine, but to get the rounds lined up and tumbled into that channel takes the extra time. I use the plastic .22LR cases that hold 100 rounds that you could buy 100 rounds for like $7. I just slide the cover open for 5 rows, and dump it into my hand or onto the bench and I always have 25 rounds. My way is about as fast as this, so the juice isn't worth the squeeze, for me.

Thanks for those who chimed in :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts