close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mcdonald's settled on 700,000$ suit

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by OctoberRust, Jan 22, 2013.

1. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

Back in the old days, you were just happy when employees didn't piss in the pickle juice.

2. deputy tom

deputy tom

Did they eat McRib sandwiches or something? I wonder if the money will save them in the end.tom.:dunno:

3. ArtCrafter

ArtCrafter ¤Hocker Mocker¤

Proof positive one should NOT eat pickles...

Or juice.

Carry on. :patriot:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  4. DreamWeaver88

DreamWeaver88 ...............

As soon as I read Islamic, I immediately thought Dearborn.

5. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Hope they all choke to death on that cash. McDonald's first mistake was to accommodate them. If you don't like our menu....get the hell out.

6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Looks like McDonald's mistake is obvious...they sold halal products in the first place. If you want to serve a religious diet, start a different restaurant.

I'm not sure about halal, but I know kosher can't be done that way, since it would require special rules for the employees and everything in the kitchen.

7. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

True. But McD's has spent the better part of a decade trying to be all things to all people.

1. McRib. I remember when it was a legend. Now you can get them anywhere. McBarbeque???

2. Coffee frappadappadoo. Is this Starbucks or McD's?

3. Dessertville - is this DQ or McD?

4. A menu SO BIG I can't read the 4pt font it's written in.

5. Dollar menu - Wendy's much?

BUT. . . .

Their bottom line has blossomed in the last decade. So I guess testing out some extra lines has made them $. This one was more fake than McRib, so it didn't work out so well.

8. Santa CruZin

Santa CruZin RIP Mr. Mayor

I never would have attempted to accommodate them.

Now that they've eaten unholy food, is the $700K settlement going to somehow get them a pass when their judgement day comes? Does their god require them to gain material wealth here on earth as a factor in his decision to let them into heaven? Wouldn't a merciful god simply forgive them, as they trusted someone else and obediently ate the food in good faith and now that they know they've been duped, never eat it again? Shouldn't that be enough? Oh yeah, Islam has little use for "mercy" and everything to do with "revenge". Friggen cult with no value in first-world (or any) societies..

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  9. ArtCrafter

ArtCrafter ¤Hocker Mocker¤

Either that, or they tested it on the 'wrong' people... :whistling:

10. Booker

Booker

Now that McDonald's has condemed these poor souls to Hell, I bet they'll get visited by a few Suicide Bombers!

Better use the Drive-Thru for the next few weeks! LOL

11. philipk

philipk

Dearborn has the largest Muslim population in the U.S. I am glad they tried to accommodate them. McDonalds accommodated those in Germany by selling beer. That was against their basic standards.

It like the family owed supermarket near me. The family hates guns and posted their store against CCW. Several of their friends including myself got them to remove the sign. They hate guns but they accommodated us for business reasons. Should they have told us to get the hell out?

12. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

The moral of the story is don't advertise something if it is not true. Halal, Kosher, or otherwise. Personally, I am a fan of Kosher when I can get it. I can assume the animal is killed properly and the blood drained. Whether a Rabbai blesses it or not is really irrelevant to me. Halal is actually pretty common in the United States. I remember we were ordering chicken from NY to keep out the hormones and have it killed in a Kosher fashion to do a cleansing diet. Once that became too cost prohibitive I called around to some of the Houston meat markets. I didn't find a Kosher one, but I found a Halal one. That is when I learned what that term meant, and understood why the guy on the other end was so hostile.

Asking a Muslim for Kosher meat didn't seem to make him very happy, happy, happy.

13. madAB

madAB

I apparently need to rethink my career. $230,000 of the $700,000 went to the lawyers. . . That's like 7 polymer AR-15 stripped lowers and 14 Pmags in today market.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  14. Case de Callier

Case de Callier

No custing here.
    :rofl:

15. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

If you advertise your product as being something it isn't, there should be consequences. $700,000 is cheap for not getting a reputation for false food labeling. No wonder McDonalds was so quick to settle.