Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I admit I eat at McDs 3-5 times minimum a week. Coffee and their salads though, and once in awhile their chicken wraps (no ranch).

These kiosks are now in most of the stores that I frequent, about 10+. I sometimes watch people using them and wow they are slow, I guess either not sure what they want or it just is a slow process. I do not use them after trying them as I know too many people leave the bathrooms and do not wash their hands. And if they go to the touch screens, they just spread those germs and those who come after them pick them up, yuck.

I prefer to order with a person and do not use the Kiosks. What say you folks?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I agree , I will not touch one of those screens . It is bad enough eating with all of those kids , that is why I go to Hardees . But around here Hardees has second rate service compared to McDonalds .

·
Banned
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don’t eat the garbage they serve at McDonald’s. Problem solved.
Their salads (grilled, not fried chicken) are very good, as is their coffee. If the salads are not available, the snack wraps are good, no ranch dressing and grilled chicken. This is believe removes your argument about "garbage" at their chain. Before mentioned items are all I have eaten at their establishments in the last 2+ years.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I only eat at McDs maybe once or twice a month, I don't use the kiosks to order.

·
Kwisatz Haderach in Training
3,938 Posts
Before these kiosks went in, the workforce would flip-flop every couple of months.
You get the south of the border types that habla just enought to understand big mac or quarter pounder with large or small fries.
The other is the obama people that slur they words so bad I can't tell what they done be saying back to me.

These years I only go there 2-3 a year when I'm on the run a have to eat and drive.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I prefer in person. I did use a kiosk once to get around 4 q-tips. It worked.
F6173E67-5818-4415-87F1-F7D429D02821.jpeg

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
I have used the kiosks. But unless the line to interface with a human is pretty long, its faster to give Tanika your order rather than dealing with the kiosk.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Twice my wife and I have gone to the counter and the girl would take us over to the kiosk to order and then have to go back to the counter to pay. Go figure.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Increase the Minimum Wage and you get more kiosks.

Walmart here took out three clerk lanes to add (more) self checkout.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
I have used the screens occasionally when I also occasionally eat at Mickey D’s. Cognitive of germs, I hit the appropriate spaces with my knuckle, not ends of fingers. I also always carry a small container of hand sanitizer, which I utilize liberally prior to eating. A little Howard Hughes’ attitude may keep you healthy.

·
Registered
670 Posts
They have been around for years in other countries. We’re just catching up, mostly because of politicians forcing McDonalds and other companies to pay an unskilled 16 year old $15 a hour. So they replace human labor with machines, politicians struggle with simple economics. Sky net will take your order all day with no breaks, sick days, union or complaining.

·
Banned
1,821 Posts
I always use the drive thru.
This, right here. There has been a time when going to use a drive through, and seeing a long line there and nobody inside, I go inside. Rare, but that is about the only way I go inside.

Say if it were Walmart with the self check-out, I do not use that. I prefer to have someone else check the items out. I have no problem bagging things, but the checkout is on them. I was going to Walmart for most everything (consumables) for quite a while. They had what I wanted, it was good quality. Then they started with those self checkout lanes. Then it seemed if you wanted to have someone check you out, they only had a few cashiers and they were SLOW. After having this happen a few times, seemed to be the new normal, I stopped shopping there.
This past Saturday I went there (Walmart) to get some things the little store does not have. Not only did they have a bunch of registers opened, most of them did not have a line. Recognizing a couple of the SLOW cashiers to avoid, I went with a woman about my age that I had not seen before. I was out of there so fast, there is no point in using self check-out.

I do not really care about the job killing part. People do that to themselves. I just insist on the service and this customer is always right.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts