McDonalds Self Service Kiosks

Discussion in 'Business Forum' started by Glockworks, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Glockworks

Glockworks Thank God for Prez Trump and VP Pence!

I admit I eat at McDs 3-5 times minimum a week. Coffee and their salads though, and once in awhile their chicken wraps (no ranch).

These kiosks are now in most of the stores that I frequent, about 10+. I sometimes watch people using them and wow they are slow, I guess either not sure what they want or it just is a slow process. I do not use them after trying them as I know too many people leave the bathrooms and do not wash their hands. And if they go to the touch screens, they just spread those germs and those who come after them pick them up, yuck.

I prefer to order with a person and do not use the Kiosks. What say you folks?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  2. redrick

redrick

I agree , I will not touch one of those screens . It is bad enough eating with all of those kids , that is why I go to Hardees . But around here Hardees has second rate service compared to McDonalds .

Glockworks likes this.

3. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

Don’t eat the garbage they serve at McDonald’s. Problem solved.

4. Glockworks

Glockworks Thank God for Prez Trump and VP Pence!

Their salads (grilled, not fried chicken) are very good, as is their coffee. If the salads are not available, the snack wraps are good, no ranch dressing and grilled chicken. This is believe removes your argument about "garbage" at their chain. Before mentioned items are all I have eaten at their establishments in the last 2+ years.

5. Orive 8

Orive 8

I only eat at McDs maybe once or twice a month, I don't use the kiosks to order.

6. Rellik

Rellik Kwisatz Haderach in Training

Before these kiosks went in, the workforce would flip-flop every couple of months.
    You get the south of the border types that habla just enought to understand big mac or quarter pounder with large or small fries.
    The other is the obama people that slur they words so bad I can't tell what they done be saying back to me.

These years I only go there 2-3 a year when I'm on the run a have to eat and drive.

7. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

I prefer in person. I did use a kiosk once to get around 4 q-tips. It worked.
    F6173E67-5818-4415-87F1-F7D429D02821.jpeg

8. powernoodle

powernoodle

I have used the kiosks. But unless the line to interface with a human is pretty long, its faster to give Tanika your order rather than dealing with the kiosk.

nitesite10mm likes this.
  9. Krav Maglock

Krav Maglock

Google it, almost 100% of the McDonald's kiosks have fecal matter on them.:eat:

10. wlkjr

wlkjr

Twice my wife and I have gone to the counter and the girl would take us over to the kiosk to order and then have to go back to the counter to pay. Go figure.

redrick likes this.
  11. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

Increase the Minimum Wage and you get more kiosks.

Walmart here took out three clerk lanes to add (more) self checkout.

12. Biggy1

Biggy1

It’s all cheap modified looser food. It’s dead food.

13. BuckeyeGlock77

BuckeyeGlock77

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks these are germ magnets.

I also despise the touch screen Coke machines.

flyover and redrick like this.
  14. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

I always use the drive thru.

Jcb1975 likes this.
  15. redrick

redrick

I use a napkin , when touching them .

16. tuica

tuica

I have used the screens occasionally when I also occasionally eat at Mickey D’s. Cognitive of germs, I hit the appropriate spaces with my knuckle, not ends of fingers. I also always carry a small container of hand sanitizer, which I utilize liberally prior to eating. A little Howard Hughes’ attitude may keep you healthy.

17. Pistol Pap

Pistol Pap

They have been around for years in other countries. We’re just catching up, mostly because of politicians forcing McDonalds and other companies to pay an unskilled 16 year old $15 a hour. So they replace human labor with machines, politicians struggle with simple economics. Sky net will take your order all day with no breaks, sick days, union or complaining.

18. Jcb1975

Jcb1975 "SPECIAL"

This, right here. There has been a time when going to use a drive through, and seeing a long line there and nobody inside, I go inside. Rare, but that is about the only way I go inside.

Say if it were Walmart with the self check-out, I do not use that. I prefer to have someone else check the items out. I have no problem bagging things, but the checkout is on them. I was going to Walmart for most everything (consumables) for quite a while. They had what I wanted, it was good quality. Then they started with those self checkout lanes. Then it seemed if you wanted to have someone check you out, they only had a few cashiers and they were SLOW. After having this happen a few times, seemed to be the new normal, I stopped shopping there.
    This past Saturday I went there (Walmart) to get some things the little store does not have. Not only did they have a bunch of registers opened, most of them did not have a line. Recognizing a couple of the SLOW cashiers to avoid, I went with a woman about my age that I had not seen before. I was out of there so fast, there is no point in using self check-out.

I do not really care about the job killing part. People do that to themselves. I just insist on the service and this customer is always right.

19. Oldschooltube

Oldschooltube Flux Capacitor Technician

Law of unintended consequences. $15 / hr minimum wage and this is what you get.

evlbruce and redrick like this.
  20. BMyers

BMyers

Hand sanitize and/or wet wipes are your friend. I keep them handy, knowing how disgusting many things are.