close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

McDonalds Mistakes -

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by StarShip2100, Apr 6, 2010.

1. StarShip2100

StarShip2100 Futurist

How many of you have been to McDonalds and trusted them to get a drive through order right, only to find out later it isn't?

Got a big breakfast this morn (no pancakes - diet??). Anyway, they left out the hashbrowns and jelly. I stop by there every other week or so, and they always leave something out. Today I checked for everything at the window, and made them complete the order. It just seems like the bag fillers don't care at all.

Also, while on McDonalds - do you get peeved when they tell you to "pull up rto the first parking spot and we will bring it out to you?" so they can fill more orders while you wait?

2. hockeyrcks9901

hockeyrcks9901

I work Wendy's (part of the year) so I can fill you in a little secret about parking a car. Its so the people behind you don't have to wait for your food to finish cooking. If you order a chicken sandwich and it's cooking still, while the car behind you has a couple hamburgers; why should we make them wait for your chicken?

Also, have you worked fast food before? The window position is the most difficult in the store. Fast food is not the picnic that people believe it is. If you don't believe me, go work for one of these companies for a month.

But I do agree with you, it sucks when something is missing from the bag. That's why it's a good idea to check the bag before you leave the parking lot.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010

3. A/C Guy

A/C Guy

You get what you pay for.
    You want cheap.
    You want convenience (don't want to get out of the car).

Or do you want quality? (food and service)

You can't have all 3.

4. hockeyrcks9901

hockeyrcks9901

I can agree with that, if you want to guarantee better service, come inside where we aren't rushing to get your food to you ASAP.

5. happy seal

happy seal

no offense but I thing AC guy was suggesting going to a higher quality place.

6. JASV.17

JASV.17 Prime Example

You get what you get at the drive-thru, that's how I take it. If you want to be sure your order is correct, get out and go in.

And another thing, nothing makes me more mad that those of you sit at the window going through your bag and making sure your order is correct. Either pull into a spot, and just deal with.

7. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU

Hell, I can go to a restaurant and still get piss poor food and service. I am beginning to think it has more to do with the people working/running these places.

8. MavsX

MavsX The Dude Abides

9. Gareth68

Gareth68

Despite them wanting your business, and assuring you special orders do not upset them...the fact of the matter is that they simply do not have the quality of workers capable of handling such requests.

Either learn to live with the items on the menu as prepared, or go elsewhere sit down and enjoy a meal tailored to your specifications.

10. hockeyrcks9901

hockeyrcks9901

Yep. That is also true.

11. tlafrance

tlafrance Missing AZ

The problem around here is that the help seldom speaks English. If you order in Spanish, then it's correct 100% of the time:tongueout:

Tom

12. fgutie35

fgutie35

Wrong! I went to a Jack in the Box one day and ordered inside and they got my order wrong not one, not two, not three, but four times. All I wanted was a sausage breakfast jack! they gave me all the possible combinations you can do to a brakfast jack, except the one I ordered. Finally After my rant, the manager steps in to make it right for me, and guess what?? She forgets the egg!!!. If you are wondering, the breakfast jack, consist of a sausage patty, egg patty, cheese slice, all between a croissant bun. How hard can that be??:steamed:

13. StarShip2100

StarShip2100 Futurist

That, Sir is the restaurant's problem, not mine. If they would consistently get the orders right, I wouldn't check the bag. Don't blame this on the consumer - your argument is with the resteraunt.

14. hockeyrcks9901

hockeyrcks9901

That's a generalization that you shouldn't make. At the store I work for, nearly every order is customized. One of the downfalls of Wendy's is that you can change anything on the order. But we also make everything to order. We average 1 mistake a day on a customized order. That does not count a missing item, just the ones that are made wrong.

And the majority of the time, it is the customer's fault because they ordered wrong. Asking for a Plain Cheeseburger is going to get you a bun, hamburger patty, and a slice of cheese. Then coming back in and asking me why your sandwich has cheese on it makes you look like an idiot.

My personal pet peeve: If I ask you if you want "Small, Medium, or Large?" Don't tell me you want a ****ing regular. We don't have a regular. We have small, medium, and large so pick one of those damned options.

15. hockeyrcks9901

hockeyrcks9901

I can't comment on Jack in the Box. I can comment on Wendy's and I can guarantee better service inside.

16. BLau

BLau

The big breakfast does not come with pancakes. The big breakfast with pancakes does though (formerly the deluxe big breakfast). People always assume that the big breakfast automatically comes with pancakes, an honest mistake. They are two separate items.

17. threefeathers

threefeathers Scouts Out

Try Carl's Juniors :wow: First find someone who speaks English. :shocked:

18. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

On the rare day that I eat fast food I normally park, get out and walk inside to order. I find I have fewer problems explaining what I want when I can see the person I'm talking to.

I find it's a very, very rare occurrence for my order to be wrong or missing items.

19. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I'll give you a better secret - SOME McD's stores use the parking lot trick to get the computer to think they've filled their orders on time. Get a bit busy? Toss a few cars to the lot and speed up your turn-arounds and keep Corporate happy.

I went thru a line once and EVERY car went to the parkign lot. EVERY SINGLE ONE. They were shaving 30-60 seconds off of each turn-around that way. I guess if you are given a set of rules, it's up to you to meet them.

20. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Okay I'll be the first to suggest going to youtube.com and searching for "Lethal Weapon 2 - Leo Getz At the Drive Thru" :supergrin: