McCabe’s Lawyers Say: Obama’s Team Will Defend Him – Obama’s Team Say: ‘What, Huh’?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Sep 17, 2019.

1. wlkjr

wlkjr

This reminds me of the jury I was on one time for a drug case.
    The defendant's character witness was named Huggy Bear and he had to be brought in from the local prison. I kid you not.
    So it looks like all the crooks are taking up for each other. Big surprise. Lock em all up.

pblanc likes this.
  2. Taz

Taz

Silence is what you hear right before being suicided.

Officer's Match likes this.

3. bdcochran

bdcochran

I had no idea when a character witness could be used in federal criminal trial. In googling the concept, https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/as-defendant-can-i-offer-evidence-good-character.html,

I came to understand that character witnesses are rarely used in a federal trial because of the danger to the defense.

From what was posted in here, it seems that Mr. McCabe's lawyer "identified" character witnesses to the government and hoped that it would scare off the government. Unfortunately for the gambit, all it did was alert the government where to do some additional preparation if the man is charged and goes through a trial. Then, there is a pullback by the lawyers after giving the "news" to the reporter. Bad show.

4. Dave Brubaker

Dave Brubaker

Character evidence is a legal weapon used by defense attorneys after the bribes, extortion, insubordination and treason miss their mark.

5. JFrame

JFrame

LOL... Using James Clapper as a "character witness" is like having Frank Nitti vouch for one's integrity and honesty... :rofl: :rofl:

6. P99er

P99er MGTOW??

The average juror in DC or Virginia won't know who Clapper or Brennan are, other than being part of the beloved Obama's administration who could do no wrong.

7. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

8. thewitt

thewitt

Epstein proved no one is safe from being Arkancided.

Intolerant likes this.
  9. wlkjr

wlkjr

Would we be sad if that happened to Macabe?

bdcochran likes this.
  10. thewitt

thewitt

Epstein was killed before he could name those who used his services and slept with underage girls. Hundreds of high level pedophiles walked.

If McCabe “kills himself” before he can testify against the Obama seditionists who participated in a soft coup against a US president, that would be a travesty as well.

Intolerant likes this.
  11. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Intolerant likes this.
  12. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

That was my first thought too. I think this is a call out to Obama and the rest of the criminals involved that he (Mccabe) is not going down by himself. He gets first rate legal help at the cabal's expense, or he becomes a state witness.

It's fun to see the rats leave this sinking ship.

13. P99er

P99er MGTOW??

Neither will happen. It's not likely he'll be prosecuted, and if he does, the DOJ will offer a very anemic prosecution. A jury in DC or Virginia finding a democrat, who tried to sabotage the election of a republican, guilty? Not likely. Most of it will be a delaying action hoping Trump loses, but if he wins, they'll drag it out as long as possible.

This is a situation were we all hope justice will prevail, but time and again, it does not. I often wonder if we have trouble learning from the past.

There are just too many ways the effort can fail.

14. thewitt

thewitt

What makes you think this goes to a jury trial?

15. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Guys, McCabe will be prosecuted. They will get him on something. The question is what punishment. The sandy burger punishment, the Poppodolus type punishment or let’s go G Gordon Libby type, I don’t know.

The political angle of leaking info negative to Clinton, lying about it , then yelling at other people accusing them of having a leaker.

They have him on that.

16. fastbolt

fastbolt

Being found guilty of lying will increase his street cred among progressives. :p

Steady Glockin and bdcochran like this.
  17. bdcochran

bdcochran

What you will learn is probably that McCabe may have been involved in an earlier case with the FBI plant into the Trump camp. He had vouchesafed for the guy at the time of an earlier prosecution. The plant was apparently a Russian who may have been prosecuted in a state case concerning slashing a competitor's face requiring over 100 stitches. Then the guy was prosecuted federally for a different matter and McCabe was connected to that prosecution.