Mazda 626 rear suspension problem...

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by TED, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. TED

    TED Millennium Member

    Likes Received:
    Jun 2, 1999
    Anchorage, AK, USA
    The place (I need to know a name for this part) where the shocks/struts physically attach to the body of the car inside the trunk together with the wheel well...anyways, they rusted out or tore through and now my car is rubbing on the top of the rear tires. It is not currently safe to drive. Other than that it is in great shape, so if at all reasonably possible I would like to repair it. Apparently, this is an issue (rust, unibody construction and the tearing through thing) on older Japanese cars.

    First of all I need to know the actual proper name for this area where the suspension attaches to the body. Then I need to know if you think it can be repaired or welded.

    Thanks a bunch guys.