Mayor And Alderman Trade Profanities In Conference Call On Looting In Chicago

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Jun 9, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

2. Bish1309

Bish1309

3. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper Don't Jump!

Mayor Lightfoot has always looked a little bit crazy to me and now there is now doubt. She is insane and should be forced to resign immediately or be recalled, fired, impeached or just run out of town.

slamdunc likes this.
  4. Dynactus

Dynactus The wind serenades a purified man.

Are any of us surprised by this?

Lockback, G17Jake and bdcochran like this.
  5. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 "Cynical Little me"

A little, even for Chicago. She doesn't understand the deeper meaning and neither do the ones running the Dept. . These Looters had already been running amok during summers months and now they will be back time and again because the cops wont interfere. They wont risk their hides or their jobs for someone else's store or some Billionaire's Walmart.

They Lost the loyalty of their Dept. They DID lose these neighborhoods. The Spanish gangs, for various reasons, were out there being armed Police in their neighborhoods. Everything this alderman is saying actually happened. It was something out of the movie Dredd.

The full audio. https://news.wttw.com/2020/06/05/wh...-community-aldermen-react-panic-sorrow-unrest

Rellik and Dynactus like this.
  6. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Did I hear that right? "If you think we were not ready, and we stood by and let the neighborhood go up, there's nothing intelligent that I can say to you." You're absolutely right, Ms. Mayor. There is nothing intelligent you can say. Because if you had been ready, the neighborhood would not have "gone up."

jcm3 likes this.
  7. Dynactus

Dynactus The wind serenades a purified man.

I agree with you, but I meant were any of us surprised that is the way the 2nd city is governed.

bdcochran likes this.
  8. Rellik

Rellik Kwisatz Haderach in Training

My little understanding of lori is one of activism and cop hate going waaaayyyyyy back to her youts. Now she's front and center and cannot hide her in-ability.
    The mexicans will not tolerate black violence in their varrio.

bdcochran likes this.
  9. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    He should have told her, next time you go out to get your hair done, look around.

bdcochran likes this.
  10. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 "Cynical Little me"

She hates anyone in a uniform. Thats why she didn't call out the NG until it was to late. The newspapers would still back her if she ate little babies for lunch.

She keeps talking about "out of towners" when in fact there were some down town but Chicago produces enough career criminals to more then fund a Looting riot and shoot-a-rama.

Listening to the scanner that night I can tell they were way undermanned because they kept calling cars and SGTs from the Districts. I heard she didn't want to pay the OT to keep cops there from day shift and to bring in off duty ones. Theres is total confusion on the radio which means there was no plan downtown and once all the cops were brought there the neighborhoods were easy targets to Loot. Its honestly painful to listen to. Totally overwhelmed. Just go to 2:38 in. They refused to allow tear gas to be used, they keep screaming for gas teams, and I dont hear one K9 on the radio.

Rellik likes this.
  11. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

She looks like a 70 year old, homeless hobo. The sad part is that the other choice the Democrats had (Toni Preckwinkle) would have been even worse, if you can imagine such a thing.

12. agtman

agtman 10mm Philosopher

Blue states with heavily urbanized Blue cities have, ah well, ... Blue problems. :whistling:

Do-nuthin' policies and handcuffed policing -------> looting, arson, destruction. :upeyes:

Rellik and Ofc.JL like this.
  13. Westexas

Westexas

14. zonian

zonian

"Thank you alderman...next question." Priceless.

Westexas likes this.
  15. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

Apparently, this wasn't the only alderman to call her out on her inaction, just the most confrontational. The MSM doesn't want you to know that the overwhelming majority are fed up with this BS.

16. Gino

Gino Millennium Member

These mayors are the BOSS of the police departments - they hire the police chief. If there were a problem with their police departments, it is THEIR fault for not doing the job of mayor correctly.

Rellik likes this.
  17. hannstv

hannstv

Not only is Lightfoot an ugly little elf but she's an angry little elf.

slamdunc and Rellik like this.
  18. jr24

jr24

She might. I'm still pretty sure she's a zombie.

19. JohnnyE

JohnnyE

Throughout the entire hour and nineteen minutes you hear Chicago elected officials trying to figure out how to respond to the demonstrations and riots. Most were clearly in over their heads.

You could tell some aldermen knew what needed to be done, and they also knew their constituents would vote them out of office if they did what needed to be done. Frankly, this is a prime example of democracy in action. The majority gets what wants, not what it needs. If enough folks demand something, whether it makes sense or not, they'll get it. Churchill may or may not have said it, but there is a lot of truth in the expression “you can always count on the Americans to do the right thing after they have tried everything else.” Many political decisions result not from thoughtful analysis, but from trial and error, hopefully stumbling on something that works.

It was painful to hear the streets and neighborhoods I frequented back in the day to visit friends and business I knew being called out under assault. While those friends are all gone now, it brought home to me that these outrages weren't happening in some far-off place, but in places I know and love.

jr24 likes this.
  20. as400guy1

as400guy1

Think about it though.
    Her opponent was Preckwinkle...the person in charge of one of the most corrupt, mismanaged counties in the United States.
    There was absolutely no choice here.