Maybe I'm missing the point.....

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by sjstill, Sep 7, 2007.

1. sjstill

sjstill Guest

Got this email today;

Community Fair to commemorate September 11 to take place Tuesday

The City of Indianapolis and the United Way of Central Indiana will co-host a Community Fair on Monument Circle to commemorate the sixth anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States.

When: Tuesday, September 11
    10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Where: Monument Circle

Mayor Peterson, in conjunction with the United Way, invited more than 170 local not-for-profit agencies, charities and human services organizations to set up information tables on Monument Circle to register volunteers, accept donations and/or educate the public about their missions.

The Community Fair will highlight the United Way of Central Indiana Helping Kids Succeed Week and host United Way‘s polo shirt drive. Donations will be accepted of new red, white or blue polo shirts, any size, to help IPS families in need follow the new dress code.

So, *how* does this commemorate 9/11????

2. hiram2005p0

hiram2005p0

This might upset someone, but it's my opinion and I'm not real well known for caring what people think of my opinions....so here goes. We will use any excuse or reason to excercise our need to be touchy-feely nowadays. It doesn't commemorate 9-11 in any way but it gives some people another excuse to get in our face with their pet projects and try to force others into thinking like they do. Hence if you don't help out then you don't care about our "little children". I don't get the supposition that some families can't "afford to buy the required clothing IPS is wanting kids to wear". They didn't send their kids to school naked before did they? Sorry, went off the edge again!!!:upeyes:

3. mpholic

mpholic

I agree 100%. I am sick and tired of whiners holding out their hands. While I will admit there are legitimate needs they are a much smaller number than all these charities will lead you to believe.

I wouldn't give United Way a penny. They support some charities I am vehemently opposed to.