Maybe a 6th 2TB USB plug in hard drive for the MAC.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by M2 Carbine, Nov 17, 2019.

1. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I already have three 2TB and two 1TB,
    and one old Windows 1TB and one 500GB USB plug in hard drives. (which work surprisingly well with the MAC Desktop)

I'm Hell for wanting multiple copies of "important" stuff. Some of this stuff dates back to the 1940's, and if lost, it's gone forever.

Since my present "storage" drives are about filled, and I'm too scared to do any amount of weeding out duplicates, I'm thinking of getting another 2TB USB drive.

So the question is...........

My five present USB drives are (about $55) Seagate drives. Is there a better Brand I should look at?

2. SK2344

SK2344

Well I can't tell you what to do but I think you have to many storage drives to begin with. I have always had two alternate external hard drives with full system installed and for my needs as a Graphic Designer, this has always been OK for me. I just can't comprehend what you do where you need a;ll this backup but if you really think you need this then go for more! Good Luck!

3. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I've been reading up on Thunderbolt 3 in USB-C. Pretty amazing stuff. Besides fast storage it can also drive two 4k monitors and power your laptop! And of course the wonderful reversible connector of USB-C. It only took them 20 years and like 7 connectors to figure that out.

4. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Before my three Windows computers crashed and I started looking into being concerned with losing "stuff" I wouldn't have believed the amount of files I have. I thought a couple thousand, maybe.
    Instead, something over 90,000 .jpg files alone, dating back into the 1940's. And I'm sure that's not all.
    Just yesterday I ran across a couple personal files, that I wrote in 2002 and saved as .doc files, shortly after my Wife died.

The trouble is, if this kind of stuff is deleted, there exists no other record of it.
    Like those couple .doc files, I didn't even know they still existed.

So. I would rather have multiple copies of records, pictures, files, etc, on a couple different drives, than chance the possibility of losing them because a $50 computer drive crashes.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019