close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mayan calendar "end-of-the-worlders" - 30 days remaining

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by IndianaMatt, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:shocked: GD, I'm surprised at you for saying that! You, of all people, should know that God, and not men, actually does the choosing. If I am, in fact, 'chosen' then you would do well to either flatter or avoid me. On the other hand, if I am, 'chosen' - as you insinuate - 'by my own election' then I will fail the ultimate test of all prophets; and my words will not come true!

So, once again, I say to you; 'Wait, before you open your mouth!' At the present time it's still too soon for anyone who's not gifted with either considerable familiarity with the phenomenon, or any particular prescience, to accurately determine the social outcome of those events which are about to dawn on mankind.

Right now you're behaving like just another obtuse and worldly scoffer. I got 'a tell you: If the situation were reversed, know what, I wouldn't have said a word to you - Not a single word.

Instead, I'd have filed the information away, somewhere, in the back of my head for future reference. (Really, and that's what you should have done, too!) ;)

2. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Magical stuff, buddy. Still, have a good Turkey Day.

3. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Ahhh............my goodness but how a person who has no intellect wants to sound as if they are at the top of the mount when pricked. I shall have to defer to ya:bowdown: for such thoughts. They're rather ah...... foreign to me.

1) I didn't compare the Mayans to Noah either ya knothead............I cconveyed that your comparison was about as meaningful as chewed bubble gum......as in the comparison means nothing. As you see after some further contemplation I notice.

2) I've re-read that paragraph a few times now.......and sad to say, it's as nonsensical now as it was the first time. You depend on your bets to grasp what's going on in the world, you think no one else can either.....just because you can't? Way to be deep in the culture of cool there Bubba.

3) Well which is it? Do you not know about sociology or do ya? Does your knowledge consist of guesses, bets. or actual education? Sorry, but with what you convey it's a bit difficult to tell. :dunno:

4) Of course many things are in clear cut shades of black and white......it's the person who's usually unable to decipher those that are and those that aren't. People who simply can't find it within themselves to understand/admit/acknowledge......... what they can't understand, don't want to admit, and don't want others to know are in the biggest group here.

Me thinks you are quite comfortable in your delusions, and far be it from me to burst your bubble around the holidays my friend.

Go find a nice turkey to lambaste, eh? Who knows, maybe ya'll will find common ground to peck at?:wavey:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  4. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Do try to remember my friend..........when you point a finger at someone, there's four more pointing back at you, eh?:whistling:

5. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

If the Mayans were so smart, how come they didn't come up with a smallpox vaccine?

7. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

See Ya on December 22! You know, they day after nothing happened! :rofl:

:wavey:

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:supergrin:

9. Craig Henderson

Craig Henderson Dr Leadready

Here are a few facts about the Mayans: My neighbor is a retired Professor of Central American History. When I asked him about this dreaded date in Dec. he said that there were several Mayan calendars and every 53 years or so they would all intersect. For the Mayans this meant they would move to a new location and get new clothes, so for their way of thinking their world ended and a new one began. He said that beyond this, all else is groundless speculation.

10. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Anyone who believes this seriously needs their head examined. And an enema.

11. droidfire

droidfire

Seems like a few people forgot to put the stuffing in the turkey.

12. JLB768

JLB768 Old & Grumpy Lifetime Member

I'm gonna play it safe, and pay my bills anyway, I'll need my morning cup of coffee on the 22nd.

13. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

I love the whole "pyramids are signs of advanced technology" shtick. Ask any mechanical or civil engineer, a pyramid is the only large scale construction that doesn't require any engineering knowledge to create. Dump sand into a pile and what do you end up with? A pyramid.

That is the reason the pyramids have lasted as long as they have, they are already at the angle of repose for the material they are made from, they really can't fall down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_repose

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  14. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

It's already ended. Thirty days are all that is necessary to "rub it in".

15. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

:rofl:

Good one.

16. Rickaroo777

Rickaroo777

The way I understand it is that's it's just the end of the calendar and then it starts all over again on the first day of the new calendar....think of it as december 31st rolling over to January 1st.

Of course with all the planets aligning and sun flares there could be a polar shift where the north pole becomes the south pole which would case tidal waves, hurricanes and earthquakes.

I'll be honest, I'm a little nervous but we were also a little nervous about Y2K and nothing happened.

17. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:shocked: Look at this!

I’m being accused of, ‘having no intellect’ by someone who writes worse than a 6th grader. (A sixth grader in today's academic generation - Not mine! My generation required much more of its students. Among the simpletons American public schools are turning out today, though, I’ll bet you’re, something of, an absolute genius - Huh!)

:rofl:

Yes, you did - You did. Listen, I’ll offer you a brief lesson in pragmatic reasoning: You need to begin your thought processes from the realization that the essential nature of truth is immutable. You can’t get away, for long, with trying to alter reality in order to fit either your present mood, or (especially for you) some overwhelming desire of the moment.

Know what? You really should learn how to stop and think before you begin to emote. I’ve lived long enough to know that if you behave this way in cyberspace, then THERE MUST BE other similar carryover behaviors into your real world interpersonal relationships. By intellectual abstraction, of course, you force me to conclude that you are frequently an ego-sensitive, peevish, and difficult person to have to work with. (Got, ‘your number’ now; don’t I!) ;)

Whoops! You forgot the comma of direct address before, ‘Bubba’. (Then again, deep thinker that you are, you didn’t even realize you needed one; did you!)

‘Bubba’? Now I’m, ‘Bubba’! Gee, it may take me the next (Ohh, …… ?) 5 or 10 minutes to get over another one of your vicious intellectual, ‘body slams’. Why do I have this feeling that I’m driving a Corvette, and this angry little kid on a tricycle has just pulled up along side; he’s, like, right next to the driver’s window, peddling furiously, and trying with all his might to drag race with me?

(I really do!) :supergrin:

One more thing: This might actually help you, too; psychologically speaking, the mind is able to, ‘see’ no more than what the heart allows. If your emotional intellect isn’t both predisposed and amenable to a particular reality, then you aren’t going to be able to mentally grasp or appreciate it, either. (The human heart and mind work like this!)

Well, ……… I know enough about, both, psychology and sociology to understand, both, you and, ‘where you are coming from.’

If your thought processes aren’t too muddled, right about now, you might be wondering, ‘Why’ I’ve bothered to answer you, again? The answer is because I’m aware that you are a slovenly intellectual dissembler who is, presently, trying overly hard to obfuscate an otherwise useful post and accompanying observation I previously made in this thread - One which I want certain others to be aware of; and, as I’ve already pointed out, several of you guys would have done well to leave entirely alone.

‘Of course’, did you say, ‘Of course?’ Listen, I’m going to go waaaa …… y over your head on this one: Intellectually speaking, only one thing is perfectly, ‘black and white’ in God’s universe: Absolute Truth! Everything else - everything else - is depicted (and confronts human intelligence) in numerous shades and various forms of, ‘gray’.

This is the essential intellectual mechanism by which our Lord and Creator requires us to learn. It is, also, the reason, ‘Why’ I’m now giving a free lesson in, 'How' to think clearly to an individual whom I've come to regard as an intellectual simpleton. (Well, this and the fact that I don’t want you to mislead too many other people.)

Trust me on this: You don’t have what it takes to, ‘burst my bubble’. As a matter of fact it’s obvious to me that you don’t even have what it takes to come close.

That’s the second time someone has said something like this. For your information I don’t eat commercially processed meats or fowl. Most peoples' Thanksgiving turkeys are saturated with toxic chemical nitrates; and, my diet is strictly limited to eating only wholesome organic foods. (Very little meat!) Besides, this Thanksgiving I decided to have, 'roast idiot' instead.

By the way, next time you call me a, 'knothead' I'd appreciate you to come out from hiding behind your computer screen, show some gumption, be a man, and express your personal opinion directly to my face. (Because, otherwise, I'm going to be forced to think of you as just another one of these loudmouthed, 'cyberspace cowards'.)

Listen, I’m not the sort of person who (so to speak) enjoys, ‘tearing the wings off of flies and watching them spin on the windowsill’. Rather sadly, this seems to be the way this thread is turning out. So, I trust I’ve made my point; and, now, I’m going to try to let you go.

If you'll permit me, from here on out, I'm going to turn this ridiculously argumentative thread over to you. You’ve got some serious life lessons to learn there, Pal; and, the way you are going, I’m sure it won't be too long before the educational process swings into high gear.

OK, got it! Pointing a finger and pulling a trigger are, both, done in exactly the same way. What I'm not quite clear on, though, is who started this? (Wasn't me, right.) :) One other thing: Any opportunity you might have had to be friends with me is past; I’m not your friend.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  18. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

This thread is even funnier than I imagined it could be.........

19. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

The math and techniques to build the pyramids are very simple. The genius was in organizing and feeding the labor. Some smart people but no alien tech needed.

20. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Ever been to Eygpt? It had to be aliens.:upeyes: