Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
"Verify!"
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used to see this in club shoots.

but i think they got lumped in sa standard div along with all the double-stacked guns. lugi agad.

would be very happy the sstack div comes back.

i have a 1911 that could use some exercise.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
i think it got lumped in standard but some competitions have extra awards for top or top3 that uses single stack.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
sa ipsc, ang mga divisions are modified, open, standard, production, revolver.

single stack is a CATEGORY, not a division in ipsc. it falls under standard division.

sa 'tate, ang sanctioned organization ng ipsc ay ang uspsa. Sa uspsa ang mga divisions ay open, limited, limited 10, production, revolver.

this year meron silang in-introduce na provisional single stack division. dito, you only get to load 8 rds. If you want to use 10 rd mags, sa limited 10 ka babagsak.

single stack is still competitive. very easy to master specially for people with small hands.

abi08, our resident lady shooter kicks butt regularly with her single stack in standard division.

si jethro uses a caspian single stack in .40 cal and he wins a lot of matches using his old ss pistol

·
"Verify!"
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Eye Cutter

this year meron silang in-introduce na provisional single stack division. dito, you only get to load 8 rds. If you want to use 10 rd mags, sa limited 10 ka babagsak.

i think that is great news!

pakikinabangan ko na yung 1911 ko!

kinakalawang na yata sa drawer e.

i really hope we see that in the coming months.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
heavy: sa uspsa yung single stack division, ha? not in ipsc.

you can play in std and still whip ass with your SS

·
"Verify!"
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

oh, man!

akala ko dito sa atin.

oh, well.

·
BizDuc NM
471 Posts

you can play in std and still whip ass with your SS
S/S are usually at the mercy of COF designers and final RO set-ups. If the set-up is single-stack friendly, high-caps are given a run for their money -- meaning 8-rds(all paper) or 7rd (when with plate) per port/shooting position with a gap of steps between the next bank of targets. Most better S/S shooters have lightning quick reloads. We had a few Level-1s over the years that S/S made it to Top 3, even had a couple where it ruled.

To be fair to them, set-ups should avoid the IPSC recommended 9 rds per shooting position, or setting up 9 rds in a non-moving short course and with CHAMBER EMPTY starting condition.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Aw c'mon you guys, don't even give the revo guys some ideas! ;) :supergrin:

Seriously though, if you feel handicapped with the gun you're using then try to use something that you feel can give you the edge. 8-10 rounds vs 19-rounds? The higher cap shooters only get an advantage if the array allows you to shoot more than 11 rounds in a single position. Which doesn't happen.

Add two or more positions, do it in every stage, the perceived advantage slowly becomes nil. It all boils down to practice, or the lack of it. Hard to believe? Look at Mang Ernie's placement shooting in prod with a revo, regular match or all-steel. ;)

·
Noypi
352 Posts
Around how many magazines do you guys suggest to pack if one is to compete under that category?

·
BizDuc NM
471 Posts
Originally posted by Pepe308
Around how many magazines do you guys suggest to pack if one is to compete under that category?
Five on your mag pouches is the minimum plus your first mag to be inserted (which is usually just on the pocket), so that gives you six (6x8=48rds).

Remember the NEW IPSC rule that all mags should be drawn from belt pouches.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Originally posted by akula
Five on your mag pouches is the minimum plus your first mag to be inserted (which is usually just on the pocket), so that gives you six (6x8=48rds).

Remember the NEW IPSC rule that all mags should be drawn from belt pouches.
I haven't been reading the rules. Would you know kung ano'ng rule number nyan dre?

·
BizDuc NM
471 Posts
Originally posted by mc_oliver
I haven't been reading the rules. Would you know kung ano'ng rule number nyan dre?

5.2.4 Spare ammunition, magazines and speed loading devices should be carried in retention devices specifically designed for that purpose, to reduce the risk of loss during a course of fire.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Thanks dre.

But I think the operative word there is should, so it's still your option although "highly recommended" that you use the proper retention devices designed for a specific purpose. Kung naka must yan, yung yung bawal na talaga coming for your pockets.

Anyway, mey nakita ka na ba'ng nasita from our local matches?

·
BizDuc NM
471 Posts
You're right on this Mc_O. I'm with you. But in our Area, a few have been enforcing Proc Penalties when a shooter pulls his mags from his back pocket. Nobody has yet made an argument on this rule -- shooters just back down on being a bit less updated compared with them.

"Should" is already defined in our latest Rules as being "Optional, but highly recommended"...but...

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Add to To-Do List:

#10,239: Post in IPSC GV for clarification. So we can have a print-out when going to Akula's Area matches. :clown: :supergrin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts