close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

May not sound like much to you but...

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by Bravo6, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Bravo6

Bravo6 Paramedic

I just finished a crazy two days at work. I am a Security Officer/First Responder at a high volume resort in Central Florida, and the past two days have been weird. Some guy climbed a fence and ripped his hand open on the security wire. If anyone ever asks me what the tendons in your hand look like, I will be able to offer an accurate description. Did I mention this guy was drunk? Yeah, he of course refused treatment... clear from that and respond to an elderly diabetic, cardiac history, having chest pain. Have paramedics come out and eval him, he refuses treatment as well. clear from that and its quiet for 10 mins, then a hot call comes over the radio about a naked female at the pool. 20 secs later someone else calls us for a naked female at valet. Then the command center gets a call from someone on a cell phone about a naked female in the parking lot. Figuring we probably dont have three naked females running around our property at once (hopefully) we respond to the parking lot where we find a naked female (obviously high on some serious drugs) rambling about Jesus Christ and The Book of Revelations. She runs toward a decorative pond, where my partner tackles her. she throws him off like shes friggin Superman and drags him into the pond. before I can catch up to my partner (I'm a big guy) our police department (yes, we have our own) races in, jumps out of the car and the first officer pulls out her X26 Tazer. Hello! My partner is in the effing water! WTF! Neither OC nor the Tazer were deployed due to the timely arrival of backup. Second PD officer dives in to the pond and drags her out. Witnesses later stated that she said that she was "Eve looking for Adam". Paramedics show up (the same two who had responded previously) to take her to the hospital. I also caught a drunk driver whom I was able to detain until PD could arrive to give him a FST and take him in for DUI. We also caught a purse snatcher who we later found out had been arrested 34 times including multiple charges for possession of cocaine and prostitution. (hey, we didnt call her a crack whore but if its there on the sheet, well...) Various other incidents, a couple of fights and there it is. At least nobody died this week. ::Whew!:: I guess I just needed to vent :) I've seen stuff like this before, but it never happened all at once! Friday the 13th followed by a Saturday with a full moon. I have never been superstitious before, but now I'm a believer! I'm outta here, I need a drink! ;c

2. Tvov

Tvov

Okay, that sounds like a crazy weekend!

3. Norman

Norman Non nobis CLM

Full moon and Friday the 13th weekend.

Edited to add: Ahh, you mentioned that at the end.

4. BP44

BP44

Wow, I have a boring life;)

5. oldstyle

oldstyle Jeep Pirate

We handled a triple stabbing last night. Not as much fun as a fire or an extrication, but I did get a little pumped!

6. Victory

Victory

Along with the art of talking people into refusals comes the art of talking people out of refusals. Both drunkman and the diabetic sounded like they legitimately needed to go to the hospital.

Remember these words: "sir, if we don't take you to the hospital theres a good chance you will loose the ability to perform sexually."

7. Tvov

Tvov

;z

8. matsig

matsig Millennium Member

Where in Central Florida is this Resort with its Own Police Dept?
    I work for Orlando Fire Dept and I am not aware of any place like this.

Where the Paramedics from a Private Ambulance co?

9. Victory

Victory

no joke Tvov. Consider that a hypothetical sample conversation with say, a drunk frat guy who fell off his porch.

they'll be diving into your buss.