Maximum Concealment

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ninjamin7, Aug 17, 2017.

1. TGT

TGT They call me "The Chef". Fruit salad my specialty.

Hello P.Noodle,
    NOPE
    ... actually I am right handed. The image you are seeing in post#3 is reverse because it's in a mirror. So actually I'm right handed like you too, but I guess my appendix isn't as big as yours (are you sure you didn't mean appendage? :supergrin: ) I've got plenty of space to comfortably carry my G27 there in spite of my appendix. But, I gave you a "like" just the same because it's nice anyway to be reminded of a time I can remember when there was a good bit more "throbbing" or bobbing under my belt too.
    :devildance:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. KentuckyPatriot

KentuckyPatriot Photojournalist

Pocket, IWB, AIWB all are good choices with the right firearm and holster. At the moment I typically carry either IWB with Alien Gear, or front pocket with a DeSantis pocket holster and my Shield 9mm. Wal-Mart shorts...somewhat shallow but no issues with a polo or Columbia button-up shirt sized to fit (for both IWB and pocket), not oversized.

3. Angels03

Angels03

I keep reading these posts, and the posters have a LOT more experience than I have, but I have been thinking (which for me is dangerous) that wearing my gun on my left side (I am right handed) with the butt of the gun pointing to my right side in a cross draw configuration may be the best option for concealed carry.

Thoughts??

nursetim likes this.
  4. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

I went to college as a LEO and I used pocket carry with a snubby revolver (442) and a LCP. I'd occasionally IWB carried a Sig P232, but pocket carry was by far the safest from a weapon retention/remaining undetected point of view. While pocket carry may not be ideal, as far weapon presentation goes, it beats being unarmed. Only one student ever knew that I carried and
    he was an Army Afghanistan vet that I trusted. I was usually in gray man mode.

5. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

Don't overestimate the observation powers of those around you, either. Most people go around in a fog.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  6. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

None of the above.

SmartCarry.

[​IMG]

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

7. Ordell Robbie

Ordell Robbie Giant Member

8. njl

njl Crusty Member

With a small enough gun and big enough pockets, pocket carry can work, and it's going to be the most comfortable. If the gun's too big, or the pockets too small, I find something like a CTAC or MTAC with v-clips and a good belt (i.e. thebeltman velcro lined horse hide) works quite well, and you can (should) tuck the shirt in for better / more reliable concealment.

I haven't heard from anyone at Comp-Tac lately, but I have a suspicion the company changed ownership, as the style of their products changed...and not in a direction I like (more sizzle, less steak). But I do have a drawer full of their stuff, mostly older CTACs for various guns. Their latest holsters have needed some at-home modding and I'm not at all happy with their current production v-clips...but I don't know of anyone else making anything I'd like better.

9. Kenneth Pipas

Kenneth Pipas

DFW holsters carry them also

10. nursetim

nursetim

The 5-11 t-shirts work pretty well.

11. Lord

Lord Senior Member

I used to carry like this under my shirt when I worked at this one place....
    deep conceal.jpg

12. nursetim

nursetim

That shouldn't show through a light colored dress shirt, nope.

13. Lord

Lord Senior Member

they have them in white also.

nursetim likes this.
  14. nursetim

nursetim

Do you have a white gun? :whistling:

15. Lord

Lord Senior Member

Nope. But you can turn the rig so the gun actually hides under your arm. :okie:

nursetim likes this.
  16. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

I have one in the white, does that count?

17. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

I used a smartcarry rig with my 642 and I didn't even know I was carrying!

I pocket carried that snubbie for a long time in a cheap (but well made) leather pocket holster in cargo shorts and nobody knew nothing. I like the smartcarry because your pockets are available for other stuff and it's virtually invisible.

Pierre! and Gray_Rider like this.
  18. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

I don't know, appendix might be a great way to carry, but I just can't bring myself to carry with my gun pointed at my junk.

:nailbiting:

19. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

I have never tried smart carry but it appears that is total concealment. I would still put a trigger guard holster on it though.

Or, just get a bug and put it in your pocket.

20. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

I worked at a financial firm for 13 years... carried daily, but needed to be very discrete!

Business Casual was our standard dress. Tried many things, but the best was the Thunderwear / Smartcarry option.

I carried one of these almost daily: Kimber Ultra, Kimber Std, G19, G26 - Never got made. The Glocks carried much better than the 1911s simply due to the weight, and the round count was MUCH higher with the Glocks.

The Thunderwear I have has a pocket for valuables - Handy when traveling in other states where you may have to be 'disarmed'. There are 2 pouches in the front - One holds the pistol, the other can hold a spare magazine.

I have worn this poor holster for at least 15 years (It's had the last 4 to 5 years off) and it's clearly been "loved" and worn... Need to consider getting a new one simply because of the weigh loss around 2008...

So I"ll be getting a new one! May go with the SmartCarry this time...

Good Luck on the Decision!