Maximum Concealment

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ninjamin7, Aug 17, 2017.

1. loweryb221

loweryb221

True, I made the mistake of telling a lady I had gone out with only a couple of times, mainly testing her reaction for compatibility reasons. I think it was the third date we ran into some people she knew and they were talking about a crime that had happened recently and she just blurted out in front of those people which I had never met before and anyone else within hearing range "he's got his gun on him he wears it wherever he goes". Lesson learned.

2. xcso

xcso

3. Pandaz3

Pandaz3

I have a lot of pocket pistols and a lot of pocket holsters, including nylon, like Sticky, molded leather, regular leather, Kydex and minimalist Kydex (trigger guard). None are a 'Fast' draw as I have to put my hand in my pocket, grasp the grip and draw my closed fist out of my pocket. (Try drawing your closed fist out of your pocket now and then imagines grasping something that makes your fist even bigger) Now do that again while sitting......
    I do pocket carry daily as a backup and did as a primary for the longest.
    Now my EDC is AIWB. Much faster draw sitting or standing.

4. jayglocker

jayglocker

I conceal carry AIWB my G27 or my Kahr P40. My BUG is carried @ my right back pocket. I use the LCP II. Spare mag is a full size for my Glock22. Nowadays, my Glock 22 has the Glock 31 .357 Sig conversion barrel on occasion I carry OWB on range trips.

5. powernoodle

powernoodle

100% this - as long as the pocket is big enough for the gun. In my decade of pocket carry, a S&W 442, Kahr PM9 or Glock 42 will work just fine in the majority khakis, jeans or 5.11 style pants. I use an Uncle Mike's pocket holster size 3 or 4, depending. $11 at Walmart.

If it really is 100% legal on a college campus as you (OP) say, you might not want to be too concerned about ultimate concealment. But I guess you have your reasons.

:dog::dog::dog:

nursetim likes this.
  6. Muleskinner45

Muleskinner45

Agreed. I've used one for years; it was called a Pager Pal. Mine works for a snubby or a G27. Few people, however, probably remember when we used pagers.

nursetim likes this.
  7. powernoodle

powernoodle

I see that you are left handed, so your gun is carried on the side with no appendix. That's almost like cheating. I have a very manly, enlarged, throbbing appendix on my right side which would preclude me from appendix carry as a right hander. All the lads at the gym are jealous of my appendix. So its a lot easier for left handers to do appendix carry.

Swipter and TGT like this.
  8. toaddad

toaddad

Plus 1 on Smart Carry. Extremely comfortable and totally discreet. My preferred carry for my Glock 43. Check them out.

9. JRZDVL

JRZDVL

Thunderwear......crotch concealment and quite possibly the most comfortable.....
    Appendix or ankle carry after that...
    Bladetech concealment IWB.... slimmer and less bulky than my bianchi...and Blackhawk IWB....

10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

As for pocket holsters, they seem popular on the internet, but in real life it seems like anything that will conceal a pocket holster will conceal a better holster. I have never figured out how you guys have such gigantic pockets.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  13. nursetim

nursetim

14. Nunya Business

Nunya Business

No. With off-body carry its only a matter of time before you leave the folio sitting on your desk

nursetim likes this.
  15. nursetim

nursetim

My wife know not to tell anyone that she carries, no one has a need to know. That's why I agreed to marry her, she smart, very smart.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  16. rangerjd

rangerjd

Pocket carry a S&W M&P Bodyguard .380 everyday without a problem. I work construction and wear carpenter style work pants. I carry two spare mags in a Leatherman knife pouch and nobody knows. I've been doing it for years without a hitch.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  17. Jetpilot718

Jetpilot718

No one recommended AlienGear, so I will. Nice thing about them is A++ customer service, and 100% free shell exchanges for life, ie, I started trying to CC my HK VP9, but that sucker is huge and I'm a small framed dude so I printed like an Epson.

Went with a G43 for CC, and they sent me a shell for that one. Issued a credit once they received the old shell, in the provided bag and pre paid packaging.

You can pick from IWB, OWB etc and customize each a bunch of different ways. Definitely recommend, as comfortable as you can get while carrying.

18. Jetpilot718

Jetpilot718

19. rangerjd

rangerjd

By the way, I use a DeSantos pocket holster.

20. Decutor

Decutor

Ruling out IWB is silly.

Go appendix, wear a one size larger shirt, add a cover garment or some combination thereof.

It's too easy to hide a gun.

TGT likes this.