close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maximum Concealment

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ninjamin7, Aug 17, 2017.

1. ninjamin7

ninjamin7

I am considering legally carrying on a college campus. It is important that my carry method print as little as possible. In your experience, which is the better way to carry—pocket or holster shirt? IWB/OWB is out of the question, as well as ankle carry; too easy to print or accidentally expose.

2. Dr_fast

Dr_fast

I am a doctor of chiropractic and where constantly. I have used the Holsters shirts they sell at the Glock store but they are too hot for the summer. So I use the Urban Carry G2. It works great for me but some people's body types, pants , at Cetera make it not work at all for them. I have also pocket carried successfully with 12 rounds in a Glock 26 and seven rounds in a Glock 43.

Like it says in Mas Ayoobs Book you just have to do it. Everybody who carries has several if not a drawer full of Holsters they don't use.

Sky King, kd4jvg and glock1097 like this.

3. TGT

TGT Do you want to see my little friend?

Ninjamin,

Don't rule out Appendix IWB carry. I'm 63 and have been carrying for 23 years. Like Dr_fast reported in his last sentence in post #2, many of us have a draw full of holsters that have not worked! For me, nothing is as comfortable and has fast access like AIWB carry. I carry a fairly chunky gun like the G27 or G33 all day long comfortably even when I'm driving. Yor sitting in class should be the same position and comfort as I experience in the car. A slim pistol like s Sig938 or my Kahr is even that much slimmer & easier .

In these photos I am wearing a medium size shirt that fits me perfectly, but yet hides the gun EASY. Much of the time I wear a large shirt which is that much easier to conceal. You can never see the print of a gun on me. The worse case scenario, if you were to get in a contorted position, it would be a small line that shows which mostly looks like a wrinkle. But unless you are wearing a really snug shirt, a gun print will NOT occur. Nowadays, everybody has some kind of a device on them anyway, so when you're minding you're own business, nobody thinks anything of a wrinkle or line anyway.

Below photo; Standing straight for the photo while carrying;

007.JPG
    Below photo; standing with slight lean to my left trying to expose gun, but can't.

002.JPG

Below photo; Standing with extreme leaning to my left to try & get the shirt to rest onto the gun and "print it", but I can't.
    003.JPG

Below photo; That is a healthy 10-12 shot G27, G33, or G26 you can carry comfortably concealed.... and other smaller guns just as easy.
    006.JPG

Below photo; This is the G27 I carry on my pants waistband with a clip-draw. That is a plastic Kydex trigger cover that I use for safe carrying. When the gun is pulled out from under my shirt, the kydex cover is automatically pulled off to expose the trigger. This way if you aren't thinking while you go scratch an itch down there, you won't disrupt your college class with a sudden loud bang.
    008.JPG

Below photo; Since I don't figure most folks will craft there own cover like I did, here is a Kydex cover available on Ebay for $10-$15

Kydex trigger guard 3rd image.jpg

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Gray_Rider, Sky King and glock1097 like this.
  4. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

Of the two methods you asked about, I prefer pocket carry, both for comfort and for speed of access.

n2g and loweryb221 like this.
  5. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Same here, where cover garments are not worn.

6. Ofc.JL

Ofc.JL

Gray_Rider and -JCN- like this.
  7. Ofc.JL

Ofc.JL

8. Ofc.JL

Ofc.JL

[​IMG]
    Small pistol or J frame revolver Pocket carry; DeSantis Nemesis. They work very well.
    [​IMG]
    And Tagua "No Slip" holsters work well, too. Pocket or inside the pants.

Sky King and DrVlad like this.
  9. Ofc.JL

Ofc.JL

[​IMG]
    Last, but not least, These work well, believe it or not. Pocket or waistband. Downside is they do wear out, but most "sticky" style holsters do anyhow, so there you go.

jmohme likes this.
  10. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member

Pierre! and ALDIS like this.
  11. gunowner1

gunowner1

Desantis Nemesis also works as well as any of the no slip holsters like the Sticky holster or the Remora.

12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

OP, you didnt mention what type of gun you have.

Most pocket type holsters like Nemesis print worse in jeans than just carrying IWB... Unless you're talking cargo type pants with enormous pockets.

13. -JCN-

-JCN-

I like that! A little bit of element of distraction! I worry about wearing the G2 urban carry and someone seeing the flap and asking "what's that?" This takes care of that.

nursetim likes this.
  14. Nunya Business

Nunya Business

The Desantis Gun Hide is specifically designed to look like a wallet in your back pocket

15. ninjamin7

ninjamin7

I am considering a pocket-sized handgun, such as the G43 or Sig P238. I'm putting out the feelers to see what has worked well for other people in similar "absolutely no one must ever suspect that I have a gun" situations. For the last three years I have been carrying a G19 that I absolutely love, but my experience carrying that IWB/AIWB has told me I had better not carry something that large on a college campus. I have to keep the liberal folks signing off on my diploma happy....

Gray_Rider likes this.
  16. Nunya Business

Nunya Business

If no one has mentioned this let me throw it out.

If "absolutely no one must suspect you have a gun" then you absolutely can not disclose to ANYONE on campus that you have one. Not your best friend. Not your woman. And no one that KNOWS them.

If one person knows it's only a matter of time before everyone knows

17. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

+1. I've used this with both a P938 and 43, though not at the same time ;)

Pierre!, ALDIS and robhic like this.
  18. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

I use the Superfly with my LC9S. Essentially a Nemesis with a flap. Works really well.

http://www.desantisholster.com/SUPER-FLY

I normally carry a G26 in either an Uncle Mike's pocket holster, or a Remora, but that only really works with cargo pants, big pockets. The Remora has much better pocket retention for drawing than the Uncle Mike's but it's bigger and stiffer.

19. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

Also, I have some of the holster shirts. They carry well, but I think they're kind of dangerous. For one, they don't really protect the trigger well. Wouldn't be too hard to accidentally hit the trigger when trying to draw. The trigger is covered, but just with shirt fabric. Second, you have to wear a cover shirt, which means extra time getting to it in order to draw. I like them okay for a BUG, or when pocket, or holster carry isn't really an option, but not so much as my primary carry.

20. loweryb221

loweryb221

For absolute concealment I use my Ruger LCP in a pocket holster. I know this is GlockTalk and I love my Glock but when I have to be absolutely positively concealed I go with the LCP.

Gray_Rider likes this.