Match to final results time frame

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ToddCrow, Sep 13, 2005.

1. ToddCrow

ToddCrow

How long does it take for the GSSF to post final results after a match?

Thanks

2. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

Todd,
    It will take about a week for the pelimanary results to be posted.
    Give The GSSF staff about a week after a match and then check
    gssfonline for the peliminary results

3. gary newport

gary newport

Looking at past matches, it seems to take a month or so for FINAL results to be posted.

Todd, have you contacted GSSF about the bizarre "first place" score in Competition division?

4. ToddCrow

ToddCrow

Thanks Gary,

Yes, I called and was told its a software error, they are aware of the actual scores and it will be correted when the finals are posted. I just hope they get it right at that time.

5. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Hello Folks

Glock only has 4 or so folks working in GSSF. So if they have more than one or two matches in a single month period it can take much longer. Just sit back and relax. Those folks are at GSSF are run all over the country! I would like the frequent flyer miles and all the driving. It just makes me tired thinking about the miles on the road each year. Any way! I think they do a jam up job with the number of folks they have. Like JWG-34 said give-em time and keep checking the GSSF web. Good question!

:cool: :cool:

Pharaoh

6. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

Its been 5 weeks since Shelton, and no finals yet.

:( :(

7. Delta_3_63

Delta_3_63 Another FNG

GSSF is having some technical difficulties but they're only temporary.

Things will be back to normal soon then it'll be smooth sailing.

8. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

Another week has passed and still no finals for Shelton. Yet 2 matches shot last weekend have prelims up. :soap: :soap: :soap:

9. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Really?

10. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Prelims are easy then you have to give time for corrections cause the finals are final.

11. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

A month and a half? Hell, my step-parent adoption will be completed before I see results from this match, and I'm dealing with local and state government UNCONTESTED.

The Roseburg finals took just as long and they had way more problems with scoring than any match results I've looked at from this year.

GSSF needs to have a program like EZWinScore to do match results in a modern time-frame.

12. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Perhaps the fact that they have done 10 matches over the past 10 weekends might have something to do with it?

13. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Roland-G23

I really dought you could do much better with 10 matches in as few weeks. Look dude take a very large chill pill. The results with be posted soon.

Pharaoh;e

14. onemangang

onemangang

Is the drawing done the last day of a match?
    How long does it take to see if you won any loot?

15. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

Actually Roland G23 could do better at getting the scores finalized. He does the scores for our IPSC matches and has them posted on the web site, finalized, before I get home from the match ,same day and it takes me about an hour and a half to drive home.

I've never seen GSSF take this long to get final results out. My kid won top junior male and he wants his $75.00 and I hope he gets it soon because he owes me money. LOL

Bruce

16. ToddCrow

ToddCrow

For people who shoot alot of matches the wait is anoying but tolerable. For the new person who shot thier frist match it is essential that the score bes posted in a timley manner. How do you attract people to a sport where they have to wait a month to see how they did. There is only one reason people shoot a match and that is to see how they compare to others and if they have to wait too long to find out they will find another place to shoot.

Just my .02

17. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Good point! But your missing the point. IPSC runs how may folks through in one match, 50 to 60 maybe? Try 300 or more which is what most GSSF matchs have. I still think most folks are asking way too much. Just sit back and relax. The scores come up soon enough.

Pharaoh;m

18. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

Try 8 stages with 108 shooters; thats entering scores, verifying scores, and doing results in the same day. Some of them are pretty tricky, what with people being math-challenged prescription-writers. :)

I've been shooting at least 1 GSSF match a year since 2001, and this is by far the longest it has taken to get finals that I have experienced, especially with such a low turnout as Shelton.

I wouldn't care so much if I hadn't done so well and am waiting on my prize. Still, GSSF needs a better turnaround time. Don't give me that male bovine excrement about 300 shooters, blah, blah, blah. We publish final results the same weekend in USPSA Matches like our Sectional or other events, but we use a computer on site to enter scores as they come in, publish interim results, use carbonless scoresheets so the competitor can check, and we verify what we are printing with what the scoresheet says for each shooter. In my club's case, I then publish the results online with USPSA at night, submit payment and classifier information online, and even do a little snippet about the match and the results.

This isn't a vitriolic slam against GSSF - I "LIKE" shooting the GSSF Matches. They could do with some improvement in the scorekeeping department.

19. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Roland-G23

Please don't get me wrong because I do agree with the improvment needed. Time will tell if it happens!

Since it is not my game nor my rules with all the malcontent this game could go away very quickly. I too like this game and don't want to see that happen. If you get my drift. I am really a cowboy action shooter and this is a great second game. Slow and laid back.

Pharaoh;f

20. sniper1moore

sniper1moore

I don't know how many people actually work in the GSSF department but I don't think it is many,I know they travel all over the nation on the weekends getting the matches set-up and ran smoothly and then back to Georgia to work all week trying to sort out all of the score sheets.They have gotten good about putting up the prelims pretty quick.They then have to give people time to call with scoring problems so just give them some time.They are doing alot of matches the past couple of months so just give them a break.Good Luck,Ken