Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I'm looking at the pre-registration form an entry forms an have some questions I haven't found on the web site.

To join an reg for a match where do you put the match your going to? (found the pull down, well SWMBO found it.)

So I can shoot amateur civilian or guardian (ret MIL if join that way) or amateur heavy metal all with my G21?
What's the difference (besides $ per match) shooting amateur civilian or heavy metal?

An I can't find the liability release form, anyone have the link?

I've been looking for a GSSF match near me for years. Now, I find one an the damn computer is trying to F me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,961 Posts
You can find what firearms are allowed for each division on the form. When you select a division you also have to select what pistol. Yes G21 is allowed in HM, AmCiv or Guardian, Comp, and Master Stock.

COF is the same for all divisions except Pocket and Major Sub so there is no difference in COF for AmCiv and HM.

You can do liability at match.

You can always sign up at the match if the computer whips you.

·
Registered
13,961 Posts
If you arent a Master you can shoot AmCiv, Subcompact, Major Subcompact, Competition, Heavy Metal, Pocket, Master Stock, and Unlimited. If you qualify you can shoot Guardian in place of AmCiv. The target arrays are the same for all divisions. COF for MSub and Pocket are different in that only one round is fired on each paper target.

·
20,438 Posts
In heavy Metal you are only competing against stock 10mm's and 45's.

Reactions: PM720

·
Adirondacker with a Glock
2,829 Posts
If you had a 42 or 43 (for Pocket Glock), a SubCompact 10mm or .45 and your G21, you could shoot 8 different divisions at the same match. (Actually you'd only NEED some kind of G30 and a Pocket Glock.)_

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
To perhaps clarify what others have said, you can enter each category once for the guns you have that fit that category. The exception being you can’t shoot civilian and guardian just one or the other. So for example let’s say you own a Glock 21 and 42. You could enter civilian or guardian, heavy metal, competition and unlimited shooting the 21 and pocket shooting the 42. The course of fire is the same for all categories except pocket and major sub. Most shooter will enter multiple categories. For example I bring my 26&42 and enter master stock competition and subcompact with the 26 and pocket with the 42. The idea being if you are spending money to travel for hotels etc, might as well shoot 400 rounds at the matches than 100.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.