match fee refund/credit?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by njl, Feb 19, 2005.

1. njl

njl Crusty Member

Due to personal and family health issues, I wasn't sure I'd be able to make Orlando, and now it's looking very unlikely :(

I knew this was a good possibility, so I didn't bother preregistering. I figured if I made it, I'd just pay the extra $10 and register at the match.

A friend told me if you preregister but are unable to shoot the match, GSSF will hold your fee as a credit toward a future match. Is there any truth to that? If so, how does it work?

2. BoomerG20

BoomerG20

I missed a couple of matches last year and my credits came in the mail automatically. I will probably register by mail for my first two matches, and send the certs instead of a check. All they look like is an ink signed letter stating what match/category you missed and that you have a $25 credit per category for your next match. I usually sign up for two categorys and I got two seperate certs for each match.

Boomerg20

3. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

Yes, they will send you a certificate, to use towards a later match. But they do not send refunds.

4. njl

njl Crusty Member

Cool. So if you pre-register and don't show up, they will automatically issue you a credit certificate? I wonder if they'll accept that via faxed pre-reg for a later match?

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

YES
    They will accept the credit for future matches even if you fax in your registration!:)

Dan:cool: