Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been working on a project AR10 with emphasis on weight. I shaved the rifle down to 8.5lbs without optics/mag but accuracy is less than acceptable to me; It is generally a 2-3 MOA rifle with the exception of Barnes TTSX (sub-MOA out to 200yds). Barrel is Faxon 18" pencil profile rifle length gas.

Can someone recommend a barrel that will shoot MOA with M80 x51? I stocked a bunch of that stuff because it was cheap, wasn't expecting to spend $60 a box to get the same performance as my 5.56 A2 with M193.

·
Semper Paratus
29,341 Posts
Larue does it for me hovers around an inch with ball so do the LMT chrome lined barrels.

Reactions: HuntingFree

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
If weight is really a concern then Proof Research carbon fiber wrapped barrels are supposed to be real shooters, but they will adjust the weight of your wallet as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Semper Paratus
29,341 Posts
Some of those mentioned don't always shoot his ammo well.

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
12,044 Posts
Expecting moa groups out of M80 ball is unrealistic. If your shooting for groups try Black Hills or Federal Gold Match and a Krieger barrel.

Reactions: tacticaljoey

·
Semper Paratus
29,341 Posts
A barrel/gun that shoots 1-MOA with crappy GI M80 ammo? I’d like to see that in action.
Find an LMT with the chrome lines barrel and get back to me

·
Semper Paratus
29,341 Posts
You mean like the one that I have?

View attachment 978418
Yep The one I shot loves 145 to 147 grain ball We had a precision Rifle competition for the Georgia police games and that was the combo the winner used. Everyone was shooting match ammo he was shooting ball I didn’t believe it and he let me shoot the gun for a group. Five shots just over an inch at a little over 115 ish yards. He said It will do it all day long . Confirmed it was not the stainless match barrel it was the regular old chrome line barrel. On a good day my Larue will shoot Match ammo into about half an inch and ball into about an inch and a quarter inch and a half . My next purchase will be a LMT. Beautiful rifle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Semper Paratus
29,341 Posts
He did have a PRS stock on his and a Leupold Mk 5 5-25 nice scope .

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
At 100-yards and a red dot, my MWS was at best 2-MOA with cheap ball ammo. Granted it’s a red dot, nonetheless at a mere 100-yards while shooting from sandbagged bench if my rifle were capable of 1-MOA with M80, it would have shown itself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts