Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,060 Posts
Very nice Kimber,i’d say your wife is awesome. Hope you get well soon so you can enjoy that 1911.

Reactions: kaisooba

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the get wells

I was diagnosed with stage 3 esophagus cancer March of 2017 went through 6 weeks of chemo and radiation tumor broke off and some how ended up in my hip... so now it is called stage 4

Sept 22 surgery in hip to remove tumor
Sept 29 surgery to remove my esophagus and a 3 week hospital stay
Nov 15 starts more radiation on my hip
Dec 5 starts 3 months of chemo

·
NRA "Benefactor Life" Member
726 Posts
It's been awhile since I have posted here.... health not as good as I would like it to be... but anyway here is my Christmas from the wife surprised the **** out of me this year.....

Sorry about your health issues, hope you get well soon. As far as Christmas goes you did great and the Kimber is a thing of beauty. Got a thing for 1911's.

·
Banned
10,098 Posts

I was diagnosed with stage 3 esophagus cancer March of 2017 went through 6 weeks of chemo and radiation tumor broke off and some how ended up in my hip... so now it is called stage 4

I just saw you age on your profile page. I'm not that far off, dealing with reflux / Gerd and a couple more issues. Not diagnosed yet but will go to docs this year. I made major lifestyle changes several years back in order to improve my symptoms, and because I don't have the guts for any kind of bad news.

Somehow I grew up with this expectation that we all have 75 years of fun, maybe 5 years of a little struggle and bye bye at 80. I was a kid for way too long, I guess.

I wish you all the best. You are not alone, keep fighting, maybe you'll be able to add a few alternative treatments or changes, and hang around in our little reloader group if you feel like it. Plenty of good people here.

I'll pray for you, if you don't mind.

·
Registered
18,793 Posts

Cancer is an absolute *****. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever give up.

God Bless.

·
Registered
21,888 Posts
Looks like Santa was very good to you!

As we say out here, I hope you beat cancers ass like a redheaded stepchild.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts