Mark Ruffalo, Michael Moore, Alec Baldwin to Lead Anti-Trump Protest in NYC

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by ThunderTrumped, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ThunderTrumped

ThunderTrumped

Michael Moore, Alec Baldwin and Mark Ruffalo are joining New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and MSNBC anchor Al Sharpton to lead a protest rally in New York City on the eve of President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration.
    “We are sending a message to Washington that we will fight, at every step, discrimination and harmful policies, today, tomorrow, and every day,” Ruffalo said in a statement, the Associated Press reports. Activists “are coming together to stand up for one another, as we will do every day, to protect the values we hold dear.”

Organizers of the event, which include nonprofits MoveOn and GreenPeace, are expecting thousands of protesters.

Left-wing documentary filmmaker Moore encouraged his 3.6 million Twitter followers to come out and join the “massive rally.”

“Mark Ruffalo, Alec Baldwin & myself will be holding a massive rally in NYC in front of Trump International Hotel this Thursday, 6pm! Come!” Moore tweeted.

Follow
    [​IMG]Michael Moore

✔@MMFlint

Mark Ruffalo, Alec Baldwin & myself will be holding a massive rally in NYC in front of Trump International Hotel this Thursday, 6pm! Come!

6:59 PM - 14 Jan 2017

Actress Rosie Perez is also expected to rally against Trump. The former View co-host recently starred in a celebrity video urging members of Congress to “obstruct” Trump’s legislative agenda.

The inauguration eve rally in New York is but one of many such protests set to take place before and after Trump becomes the 45th President of the United States.

Rosie O’Donnell, Debra Messing, and dozens of artists, entertainers, and activists are encouraging a month-long protest to resist Trump.

“No! In the Name of Humanity We Refuse to Accept a Fascist America!” reads a full-page ad placed in the New York Times earlier this month by the group Refuse Fascism.

Elsewhere, singers Katy Perry and Cher will help lead the thousands of women expected to attend the Women’s March on Washington to protest Trump the day after his inauguration. Talk show host Chelsea Handler will lead one of the event’s sister marches, the Women’s March on Main, at the Sundance Film Festival.

Follow Jerome Hudson on Twitter: @JeromeEHudson

pay your taxes sharpton and deblassio
    should be a fun time.

2. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

America spoke loud and clear on Nov 8th. These people, just like the dem party, are still unable to accept it. The very fact that it is THEM who lost the country, is lost on them.

TBO, Lt. Donn, aircarver and 2 others like this.

3. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

>> we will fight, at every step, discrimination and harmful policies

>> We Refuse to Accept a Fascist America!”

They REALLY believe their own lies!!

Well now we know who the scum are!! They have ALL come out into the open.

4. dartor

dartor

Sooooooo 3 has beens gonna cry like babies? So what, let all the whiners protest and bring out there true colors.

5. ThunderTrumped

ThunderTrumped

with all the calories that Moore is burning while fighting , you'd think he been in better shape.

HammerG19, pgg00 and Jay9928 like this.
  6. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

What does Moore need Ruffalo and Baldwin for? He could hold a MASSIVE rally all by himself.

Yes, I just fat shamed him. :tongueout:

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

JFrame and ThunderTrumped like this.
  7. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

I wonder where they were fighting "harmful and discriminatory policies" for the past 8 years? Oh, right, the people being harmed and discriminated against weren't "their" people so they don't matter. What hypocritical, disgusting scum.

It's mind boggling what delusional insanity the left lives in daily. Support fascism for 8 years, fight to elect a corrupt fascist, then have the audacity to form a group called Refuse Fascism. I got news for you, children...America already did "refuse fascism" by refusing you.

Truly is amazing. The most evil, hateful, soulless, destructive, reprehensible villains America has ever faced, and they act like they're the Great Crusaders with such brazen self righteousness. Just the kind of behavior that got Trump elected.

Well, have at it, guys. Celebrities have had such a massive track record of success so far this election cycle, I'm sure it will continue. The only people who will be paying attention are your own brainless lemmings.

8. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

What if the Left held a rally and...no one came?...won't happen, but it is a nice thought

9. G17Jake

G17Jake

There's a contradiction in the first paragraph. The blue text contradicts the red text. The values the activists hold dear and the policies they wish to force upon us are harmful and discriminatory.
    But let them have time to stomp their feet.... it's kind of entertaining.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  10. JMag

JMag

[​IMG]

Sent from my virtual ball & chain.

11. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

those clowns are dangerous. stay woke brahs. LOL.

12. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

Ooooooh! Hulk thsmasth!

:upeyes:

Dave Brubaker likes this.
  13. ScarFace88

ScarFace88 NOT MOD APPROVED

14. dukeblue91

dukeblue91

I'm actually enjoying seeing the ultra left coming unhinged and showing their arses and true colors.
    The butthurt is huge and fun watching the unfolding of it.
    The crying and gnashing of teeth is delicious and I hope that they'll suffer in their mind as much as we had to do over the last 8 years.

Fred Hansen likes this.
  15. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

I've never heard of Mark Ruffalo. Is he a nobody fighting to get noticed?

16. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

He's a "fairly-talented" actor. I've seen a couple fairly good movies of his. He's somewhere between a C and B grade actor.

Fred Hansen likes this.