Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So watching some shot show videos I saw one about this. Is it just me or does this thing look almost too good to be true, even at what has to be an insane price point. This, even at say 800 rounds an hour, is unbelievable overkill for just about any 1 person. I can see a large family who needs 5000 rounds a month or say 20 people get together and buy one and spread the cost out. 3-4 days and I could have all the ammo I would need in a year. If it really is as good as it's made to seem this thing is an absolute 1050 killer for those that want auto drive and have very deep pockets.

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
It just comes down to how much time you are willing to put into reloading. For very serious competitors, any I know would rather be practicing than reloading, it doesn't take a great deal to justify the price.

It might be a 1050 killer for a small number, but it isn't a 1050 killer, for most.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
If you shoot a lot, it would pay for itself pretty quick. When you think about it. You reloading equipment is the least expensive part of reloading.

It will last many years with a little maintenance. The components are where you will spend the money.

I have say $1000 in my 650. 1000 FMJ 9mm bullets are $125 or so, 8 pounds of powder is $140 then primers.

Just a WAG you could load 8000 9mm for the cost of a 650 with case feeder. A press like that is good to load many thousands of rounds.

If you shoot 60,000 rounds a year. That $10,000 press setup would be nothing.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
The way you look at amortizing the cost of the press is: The first round out is the entire cost of the press, the 2nd round out is half the cost, the 10th round out is 1/10 the cost, and so on, and so, the 100,000th round is 1/100,000 the cost........

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
The way you look at amortizing the cost of the press is: The first round out is the entire cost of the press, the 2nd round out is half the cost, the 10th round out is 1/10 the cost, and so on, and so, the 100,000th round is 1/100,000 the cost........

:dunno:

In that case you would have written off the entire asset with one round. What's the point?

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
The cost goes to near zero after hundreds of thousand of rounds. And Dillon presses are forever, so it's only consumables that count. And no one saves money by reloading, they spend the same amount as they would on new ammo but get more rounds out of it.

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
The cost goes to near zero after hundreds of thousand of rounds. And Dillon presses are forever, so it's only consumables that count. And no one saves money by reloading, they spend the same amount as they would on new ammo but get more rounds out of it.
Doesn't make sense. And the new Mark 7 is not based on a Dillon. They offer only 1 year of warranty, and with all those electronics, a computer and the drive, this machine will NOT hold a life time either.

I'd assume 5 to 6 years with regular usage several times a week before major parts need to be replaced.

·
I miss ya Murph
1,872 Posts
I have been running a Mark 7 1050 PRO for 2 years no with no issues other than having to blow the dust off the deprimer sensor every 1500 pieces or so with air. In fact, it was one of the first 10 1050 PROs out there. I stopped by their location an picked it up. It had the Mark 7 X motor on it, but Jay shipped me the PRO motor a week later when they arrived.

I load 9mm for my subguns, and can easily sustain 1500rds per hour. I can do bursts over 2000/hr. I usually run it at 1500-1800 for loading. I prep 223 at up to 2400 pieces per hour.
I am really happy with my machine.

The revolution looks great, but out of my price range. I want them to put an automatic primer feeder out for the 1050

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
I've had my old 550 since 1986 and see no reason to replace it. I'm only running about 18,000 rounds a year now anyway. Got a Square Deal as match product in 2001 and run that as a backup (for pistol). Many of my younger shooting friends run 1050's with Mr. Bullet feeders and drive high end high performance cars. I guess my 08' Scion Xb matches my 550.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been running a Mark 7 1050 PRO for 2 years no with no issues other than having to blow the dust off the deprimer sensor every 1500 pieces or so with air. In fact, it was one of the first 10 1050 PROs out there. I stopped by their location an picked it up. It had the Mark 7 X motor on it, but Jay shipped me the PRO motor a week later when they arrived.

I load 9mm for my subguns, and can easily sustain 1500rds per hour. I can do bursts over 2000/hr. I usually run it at 1500-1800 for loading. I prep 223 at up to 2400 pieces per hour.
I am really happy with my machine.

The revolution looks great, but out of my price range. I want them to put an automatic primer feeder out for the 1050
I would love to have a 1050 version of the automatic primer feeder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts