Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
"Verify!"
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. me again.

i understand the mariner springcups allow the glock to be fired underwater.

how is that possible? i'm a little "mechanically challenged".

apart from firing underwater, does it bring any other advantage or disadvantage?

would it be a good idea to put the cups in?

its a whopping P90.00 upgrade, after all.

:)

thanks again guys.

·
Registered
472 Posts
it has 3 small valleys for the water to pass thru, think of a sailing paddles with holes, no resistance, advantage? none whatsoever, its dangerous to shoot underwater, becoz water is many times denser than air, the pressure will blow your eardrums and you are prone to more serious injury, glock did the demo to tell the world it can be done, but it was done in a controlled enviroment.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
some glockaholics feel it improves trigger pull.;)

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Originally posted by MR_BIG
it has 3 small valleys for the water to pass thru, think of a sailing paddles with holes, no resistance, advantage? none whatsoever, its dangerous to shoot underwater, becoz water is many times denser than air, the pressure will blow your eardrums and you are prone to more serious injury, glock did the demo to tell the world it can be done, but it was done in a controlled enviroment.
I agree to what Mr_Big said. A few years back, one of my friends placed a mariner spring cup in his G19. Three of his diving buddies descended to 20 ft and fired the gun. Good thing that the G19 had a lanyard string attached to it. After discharging the gun, they all were disoriented, and the one who fired the gun admitted that he lost grip of the G19. All of them immediately surfaced. It hurt their ears so bad that they had to see an EENT to have their ears checked.

The doctor told them not to dive for two months because their eardrums were affected.

·
Range Bum
1,132 Posts
It is something that is nice to have but you don't actually need in your daily routine. Except of course you are a part of the SEALS or any elite fighting group. I wouldn't ask my opponent to go with me underwater and then we start shooting each other.:supergrin:

·
Registered
105 Posts
marine spring cups allows your gun to be shot underwater... although it's not advisable to do this! however one advantage of having spring cups IMO is the reliability of your gun firing and not malfunctioning even if it was drenched or dunked in water. This is because the accumulated water on the firing pin housing does not obstruct the striker from working when the trigger is pulled. This is because the water is let out via the grooves on the marine spring cups. Aside from this however, there's no other advantaged claimed or advertised. Personally, i like the extra assurance of reliability that i get from having a spring cup on my G19.

Like the old adage goes, it's better to have it even if you don't need it, rather than not have it when you need it.

·
"Verify!"
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, i'll have mariner spring cups installed right away!

·
BoG # 55555
1,700 Posts
good pm mga sirs i am so interested with this topic and wil go with sir heavy il get 1 also and get installed right away.

pls help where can i got one.

tnx po

·
BoG # 55555
1,700 Posts
i got one mariner spring cup my location is here in emerald ave ortigas anyone interested pm me pls

1 - 13 of 13 Posts