close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Marine Platoon Leader Class

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by uscmas412, Jan 14, 2006.

1. uscmas412

uscmas412 Got GLOCK?

In considering my options for the future, I have decided that the Marines (or some other branch for that matter) may be the best career option. I have spoken with the Marine recruiter about PLC. I'm a junior in college, so this summer I would go for 10 weeks to PLC in Quantico, VA. When finished, I would return to school to complete my senior year. Upon graduation, I'd be commissioned a 2nd Lt. The thing is...I want to go to law school. They have a law program too that seems easy to be accepted to. Once I graduated from law school, I'd head up to the JAG headquarters (i think) and train there for a few months. My question is, does anyone have any experience with PLC?? If not, then maybe they have participated in a program similar to this, such as OCS. The Marine recruiter never mentioned anything about pay or other benefits, so I have come here for more information/opinions. Thanks.

2. FLMarine

FLMarine

uscmas412-

I went through the two six week PLC courses about six years ago. Twenty minutes after I graduated college I was a 2nd Lt. Currently I am active duty Marine and a pilot.

The training is tough, but if you have the right attitude it is really not that hard. Pay, benifits are better than you think. You should still have time to enroll for this year to get a spot at OCS. I enrolled in the PLC program in FEB 2000 when I was a sophomore in college and had no problem getting a spot in OCS.

Since you would be going law you would most likely go to law school after you graduate college. If you want to know more about the program drop me a pm with your phone number and I will try and answer any questions you have about the program.

If anyone else has any questions about the PLC program ask away.