Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Concerning next month's match in Marietta - does anyone know if they'll be able to shoot steel plates this year? Thanks.

·
Registered
13,476 Posts
i don't know for sure but i shot IDPA there last month and i looked for a plate rack and never saw one. i'll be there agian this weekend and will look or ask about it. GSSF could also bring one this year. i don't like shooting the paper instead of the steel.

·
20,410 Posts
I don't think GSSF hauls plates and poppers out of a 500 mile radius from Smyrna.

·
Registered
10,100 Posts
But they should not be set up like they were in richmond last year

·
Registered
413 Posts
Having never been to marietta before fill me in plz. If they do not shoot steel how about the popper in GM will that be the paper option also?

·
Registered
864 Posts
John,
They had steel poppers at Marietta last year, but no plate rack. The paper option creates its own wrinkle though as many of us have seen and felt. It looks easy enough, but dont be deceived. Its evil enough :freak:

·
Registered
13,476 Posts
yeah the paper looks way too easy and it's easy to screw up, plus you can't make up a miss like you can steel

·
NRA Life Member
29,155 Posts
We're planning on plate racks and steel. They're being built as we speak.

WP

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh, darn! Paper was good to me last year in Richmond. Of course, my son and his wife came along and I had to show them how it was done;) We'll see ya'll there!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts