close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Marietta Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Sniper 7.62, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

I will post more Sunday but here are a few tonight.

Here I am with my UL Glock and take a look at the brass and the timer.

2. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

JohnCGlockster talking to one of the ROs that got hit by piece of FMJ when I was up at the M. He was OK and told me it was not any of my doing and that this can happen.

3. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Here is GlockMom with my UL 24c. You could run the plates two times for a $1.00 so she got some play time in.

4. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

JohnC at the plates and I caught him with the slide back :)

5. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

This is the dirt road going back to the range that is about 2 miles long, we didn't hear any banjos but did miss a person on the road :)

6. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Just arrived and getting ready for lunch. There was no waiting at any of the stages so we took our time and enjoyed the day. A very nice range with lots of shade form the sun.

7. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

The whole squad at the M where we almost left GlockMom behind ;L and she told us about it :)

8. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

JohnCs son Cory at the 5 to Glock who did well on Sat.

9. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

I know it's an old pic but the plate was a big hit.

10. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Fighting STRESS----------and Winning!

11. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Sniper, Glock Mom and Cory waiting for a stage.

12. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

13. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

14. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

WOW... these guys at Fort Harmar Rifle Club sure put on a fantastic match! They even had a VIP helping them out with the RO duties!!! You'll see in a pic that follows who this VIP is.

Of course Mr. Gilbertson, Ms. Mills and the Glock Armorer, Mark, did their usual fantastic job that is just their normal level of performance.

I met a new Glock armorer, Mark, who worked the match... Mark, it sure was great to meet you and THANK YOU for all your advice and help. How come all you Glock armorers think alike? Is it a fraternity of sorts??? ;e

Someday, we should have a Glock Armorer Jeopardy contest!

Host sez: "These will cause you fits during a GSSF match."...

Contestant answers:... "What are mag springs that are two coils shorter than when they were new."

Every RO that worked the match was pleasant and competent. They (the RO's) were so friendly and personable - this is a must attend match! You guys and gals were GREAT and thanks for putting on an impressive match.

For next year though, can you please ask the Ohio-West Virginia Weather Gods to make it RAIN on Saturday ONLY???;Q

Four words describe the match for the participants on Sunday:
    1.) RAIN
    2.) DELUGE
    3.) FLOOD
    4.) FUN

We woke up to a nice, pleasant but overcast Ohio sky but after we ate breakfast and check out of the hotel, it started to RAIN, by the time we got to the range, there was a DELUGE... on our way home taking the back roads (Rt. 26 and 800) there was a FLOOD!!!! We had to take a detour on a REALLY, REALLY BACK ROAD!

Once we got on I70, in Darryl's COP CAR, we both agreed that GSSF matches are alot of FUN!!!;e;e

We missed our buddies Dan, Jimmy and Steve on this trip but next year, we just may have to consider taking our road bikes up and down Rt. 26 after the match! (with a good supply of Dramamine tucked between our cheek and gum);P;P;P;P;P

Here's a pic of the Glock-M setups on Sunday... my digital camera usually catches brass ejected into the air but on this day... it's something else that's in the air!

15. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Glock The Plates shooting bay at Fort Harmar Rifle Club on Sunday, August 3rd, 2003...

THREE plate racks setup and the middle one served double duty as a practice setup... cost = 2 RUNS for just $1... Boy did they make a killin' with that price... I heard people were dropping more singles here at the practice rack than at a place that otherwise is known for taking up alot of people's singles (so I've only heard)!

The added benefit of spending your loose singles is that the vehicle is alot lighter for the trip home!

Can you see the DELUGE ??? Even with all the water, spirits were flying high, smiles were everywhere, shooters were greeted warmly by the RO's... quite a few RO's even busted Darryl's and my chops pretty good...;f

RAIN/DELUGE/FLOOD/FUN --> it's all here in this picture!;e

16. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

These RO's waiting for their next customers.. check out the sign... 2 runs for a buck... what can you buy for a buck nowadays???

Well at Fort Harmar... a buck buys you 12 plates!!!!;e Too bad they didn't give a payout to the three fastest times on the plates for each day... then they'd REALLY PULL IN THE SINGLES!!!;e

17. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I don't know how these guys do it... They are actually waving???

Excellent people at Fort Harmar Rifle Club!

18. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

19. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

CONTEST - CONTEST - CONTEST...

Even though ALL the people that I photograph are VIPs and some are additionally "Super Special" (like Diane;f)... [Did you guys know that Diane's nickname is "SS" for "Super Special"???]

There was a VIP present at the Marietta GSSF match this last weekend... can you spot the VIP in the following 10 pics? Further, can you tell me the name of the VIP?

Hints:
    1.) This VIP is a very distinguished person in the circle of defensive handgunning.
    2.) This person is a prominent trainer of handgunning and tactics.
    3.) This person was an integral member of a group that started a major sporting discipline that is growing and is almost as prominent as Glock Shooting Sports Foundation.
    4.) This person is a true gentleman and I had the privilege of meeting him and talking with him at the GSSF match in Marietta OH this weekend.
    5.) This person is not one of the GSSF staffers even though all of them are VIPs in my book.

To enter the 1st contest:
    Simply PM LoveGlocks and state the VIP's name (you must spell it correctly) and state what picture the person is in (for example: Pic #1 or Pic #2 or ... Pic #10).

To enter the 2nd contest:
    For those of you that don't know the person's name or how to spell it, just submit the picture identifier that you think the VIP is in (for example: Pic #1 or Pic #2 or ... Pic #10).

Consolation entries go into 3rd drawing contest:
    For those that were not afraid to try and guess and were willing to have some fun..!

To submit, just PM (Private Message) me, LoveGlocks, with your "guess".

You will need to be a GlockTalk member!

You may only enter once.. either for the 1st drawing, 2nd drawing or the 3rd drawing.

Prize for the winner of the 1st contest:
    Dave Miller (the MD for the upcoming Topton GSSF match) will award NINE practice plate runs at the practice plate rack at the Topton GSSF match! The Keystone State Ballistic Challenge VII.

Prize for the winner of the 2nd contest:
    Dave Miller will award SIX practice plate runs at the Topton GSSF match!

Prize for the winner of the 3rd contest:
    Dave Miller will award THREE practice plate runs at the Topton GSSF match!

Everyone that submits a guess will be entered in the contest!

Correct Name and Pic # submissions goes into drawing #1.
    Correct Pic # submissions go into drawing #2.
    Consolation submissions go into drawing #3.

There will be three coffee cans, one can will hold the correct submissions for first contest, the second can will hold the correct submissions for the second contest, and the third can will hold the consolation drawing.

You may only submit one entry.. your "guess" will be placed in one of the drawings depending on how correct your answers were.

The drawing for the winners will be the night when the results for Marietta OH Match are finalized or five days before the Topton GSSF match (whichever occurs first).

If you win and you're not going to the match, please give your award to someone that is going to be shooting the Keystone State Ballistic Challenge VII match! This will guarantee to give you EXCELLENT KHARMA! :cool:

There will be ten pics that will follow which includes the picture attached to this post (Pic #1 is below)...

Please... if you know the answer or think you know, do not post your answer here to keep it challenging... let's see where this goes...

C'mon ... Have Some Fun!;c

*** Revised contest to add the third drawing! ****

(Pic #1):

20. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Possible VIP here? (Pic #2)