close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Marietta, Ohio Prelims

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by OMF64, Aug 8, 2010.

1. OMF64

OMF64

Hey did GSSF lose the score sheets from the Marietta match or did the match not happen? It was on the schedule a week ago but I don't see any Preliminary scores posted. They are usually up much faster than this. I didn't attend but I know several who were supposed to shoot the match.

Cisco

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

It seems to me that I remember something being said that part of the staff including the computers were moving into another building about this time frame. If that is true on top of all the work they have to do just to keep up with the match schedule, then this could be the delay. I am sure they will have them up as soon as they possibly can. Just keeping the program going is an extremely big job for such a small crew. They do a great job under some pretty intense pressure.

Thanks GSSF Crew

Don

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Yes, last week was when the staff moved from their old offices to their new offices two blocks away. Add in the travel time home from Marietta, OH and departure to Brighton, MI for this weekend's match and bingo, week all used up.

4. Noponer

Noponer

Danny -

Do you know:

Is just the GSSF staff moving or others (armorers, etc.)?

In which direction is the 2 blocks?

The address or street? (Still on Highands Parkway?)

5. DannyR

One address is 5100 Highlands, the other is 5300 Highlands. All I know is that training and GSSF will be together under one roof.

6. Noponer

Noponer

Thanks, Danny.

They seem to link training & GSSF, somehow. A few years back, Chris Edwards was Director of Training and GSSF.

7. DannyR

Alan Ramsey is now director of Training and GSSF, but they were in separate buildings until this week.

8. Noponer

Noponer

I have known Alan for several years - before he got involved with GSSF, when he was District Manager. I was aware that he was now Director of GSSF, but I thought training was headed by someone else. The Glock Report shows him only as Director of GSSF & Editor of the Glock Report.

Yes, I knew they have been in separate buildings for several years... I was speaking of the management organization. They used to be together in the same building... the smaller building on the right when entering the security gate. GSSF was moved to the building on the left several years back. I have not been to the complex in the past few years, but have been going there off & on since 1991, when I got my first Glock. I live about 70 miles away.

9. cmzneb

cmzneb

When I was there last month the Advanced Armorer's class Instructor, Mark Doneburgh said he was now Director of Training.....

10. DannyR

Mark was interim director of training while Alan took a leave of absence.