close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Marietta, OH 2012 Debriefing and Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by SARDG, Jul 28, 2012.

1. SARDG

SARDG

Please post your stories and photos here. :wavey:

2. mike g35

mike g35

Hope everybody had a good time and shot well. I'm shooting tomorrow and after the week I've had at work I absolutely cant wait!!!! Getting all the guns in our store and following ATF compliance laws can wear one out and turn the mind into mush. So can ten hour shifts and seven day work weeks. (that concludes my whining for the moment LOL)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012

3. RustyFN

RustyFN

Mike look me up. I will probably be on five to Glock. Had a great day today. Non stop shooters from around 9:30 to 4:00. Met a great bunch of people, The NJ Glockers and Lethal Tupperware. Looking forward to working again tomorrow.

4. mike g35

mike g35

That's usually the first stage I shoot. You will be seeing me around 11am or so. See you tomorrow. :)

5. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

WOW those Jersey Glockers sure do travel, I am sure they were setting the good example of how to paste targets the entire time they were waiting.

6. RustyFN

RustyFN

Yes, they were a fun group.

7. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

The shoot ran smooth Sat. morning. Lots of RO's; all were friendly and helpful.

Weather was great, overcast. Not too hot.

No venders. (I have lost so much weight I was in the market for a new Glock shirt)

If anyone feels this shoot is way out in the boonies, you need to go to the Beckley shoot next month. :animlol:

That area sure looks like good deer hunting country even though I didn't see any deer.

8. kyglockshooter 2.0

kyglockshooter 2.0

I had a great time at the shoot today. My dad and I started driving at 5 am from louisville got there at 11:30, everything went smoothly the rest of the day. My only "complaint" (if you can call it that) is that there should have been another stage of plates, it seemed at around 1:45ish that most people had shot 5 and M first and a crowd gathered at the plates. With that said i also want to thank all the volunteers who gave their time to help run the event you Guys and Gals did a fantastic job. i also would suggest maybe moving the plates down further instead of having them towards the center stages, I say this because i took a really nice piece of a round to the side that broke skin through my shirt. also it should be reinforced that since there is shrapnel flying around that glasses must never be taken off unless in a safe place such as in the car. had it been my face not my side it really could have done some damage.

9. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

Welcome to the forum, as soon as I arrive at an event I put my safety glasses on and do not remove them till we are back in the car.

10. kyglockshooter

kyglockshooter

Well it looks like I don't need to post any more 'mini me' has arrived. For those of you who might be confused I have a 20 year old son who has a sense of humor and he enjoys pulling my chain ---- hard. When you look at our names you will see kyglockshooter (the dad) and kyglockshooter2.0 (the 20 year old). In his opinion version 2.0 should be better than the original ---- yes he has a twisted sense of humor...been doing technology for 35 years and I know there are ways to fall short with version 2.0 some times such a poor upgrade you scrap it and go back to the original version....in case you are confused...I love 2.0 very much yet the original is pretty good.

When you get ready to flame one of us pls determine if you are ready to flame the dad or kyglockshooter 2.0 the 20 year old.

11. kyglockshooter

kyglockshooter

The above is accurate, we all were hit my son seems to find the big pieces where ever we go, they never draw blood on me conversely he bleeds regularly when tagged by a little piece of shrapnel. We were standing by the metal shelter on the next stage over to the left of the plates and yes wearing your eye protection would save your eyesight if hit in the eyes.

Awesome drive from Louisville and back home I enjoy the fellowship while at the matches I also enjoy the countryside. I was born and raised in Southern California...I missed alot by not being in the middle of the country.

I'm working hard to be competitive as an amature my shooting was nothing to write home about so I'll just be thankful for seeing folks I know from gssf events and the new friends I met.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  12. bryandover

bryandover

2.0 looks better in person :tongueout: Will he change to 2.1 next year? :rofl: Sorry I missed you. I got there a little late and they still let me shoot. Shot thru in a record time and had a lot of D's to show for it, six divisions in under a hour. Put togather a good MS, almost clean but 1 D :crying: but broke forty. Heard Grady was shooting good so I will have to wait and see. Nice range and a lot of good RO's, look forward to coming back.

13. ede

ede Bama's Friend

We left at 4:30p Friday and got to the range around 1p on Saturday. We did sleep for a few hours in KY welcome center and 2 more hours in Ohio. All totaled it took me better than 15 hours driving to make it. By far this is my favorite match and Marietta is my favorite town for after match fun. Since I've retired from shooting this was my first match of 2012, didn't shoot bad, still have problems seeing my sights. This was more a fun match and social event for me. Got to visit with lot of ROs and shooters I know, sorry I didn't get to spend more time visiting with everyone I knew and meet the ones I didn't. Got to see Darin King and family for the first time in about 4 years, was great to reconnect with him and visit a bit. Ate BBQ with Randy and Monica after the match, spoke briefly with GLW, Mr & Mrs. Lethal, gave Kaye a few clothes and shopping tips for making her match run a little smoother, bought raffle tickets and am now praying to the god of raffles to let me name be pulled, said hello to Bryan but that was all since he was shooting and we had to make it to dinner, I seldom miss a meal, saw Adam but I was shooting and never got to speak to him, but we have dinner date with him and wife this evening, I got to spend a little time visiting with ROs I know and the match director. All told I had a great time and for a old guy that has problems seeing I didn't shoot too bad. Looking forward to next year, and I spoke quite a bit with Daryl, the match director about Ruger Rimfire so maybe there'll be another great match at Ft. Harmer Gun Club.

14. mike g35

mike g35

Glad you had fun ede. I hope to see you at PCGC next weekend. I requested it off but the way my job is right now I don't count on anything. On my way to the match now. I'm hoping to shoot, meet Rodney and hand off his ammo, talk to some of the GT folks and get back in time to Z's before work tomorrow.

15. bryandover

bryandover

Mike, I heading back to Missouri now so I will not be able to pull your wagon around. It is a small range so you should be all right. Maybe I can next time.

16. GLW

GLW

Bryan, you've got nothing to worry about from me. I've got what Tin Cup called the shanks! I've been shooting chili peppers all over my targets all summer and yesterday was no exception. I couldn't put three good strings together in any division.

No excuses either. The weather was perfect. People were friendly as always. Great range set up. I don't know. Maybe I should put all my change in my left pocket and wear my hat backwards...not...

Oh well, there's always next match.

17. mike g35

mike g35

Well that ones in the books. Had a great time at a great club and met a lot of great folks as well. No complaints with anything except my shooting. I won't get into details but it did not go well. I didn't even finish shooting UL due to my ejection being all out of whack. It's was a good day but I shot poorly....not really anything new.LOL all in all the GSsF staff put on yet another amazing match. Now it's on to Beckley!!!
    Pat, Mike, Rodney, and the others thanks for BSing with me all day and turning a bad day of shooting into my most memorable and favorite match ever. Catch you guys in Beckley.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  18. mike g35

mike g35

This is unacceptable Bryan. You're fired!!!! LOL :)

19. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

That area sure looks like good deer hunting country even though I didn't see any deer.

What do you think the locals eat?

20. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

First, I want to apologize to the ROs for holding them up at the end of a long day.

I was having ammo problems.

My spare factory emergency loads turned out to be not 2 full boxes.

Next time that is one of the things I will check.

Other than that it was a great day to have a match.

Ed, when did you start wearing lightning rods in your ears.