Please post your stories and photos here.:cool:

·
20,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did anyone attend?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I attended Saturday. First outdoor shoot for me. Enjoyed it very much. It got a little warm in the afternoon but no rain. Great bunch of shooters and range officers.

·
BRD Patient
100 Posts
My son and I helped to setup on Fri.

We're going today but will not get there until noon or a little after. I'll try to get him to take a few pics. :cool:

·
Registered
10,103 Posts
We were there Sat morning.

ED was using a net trying to catch someone to shoot the plates.

Lines were short the RO's friendly.

I think Andy, from Jersey enjoyed the cooler temps.

Said hello to the Jersey Glockers.

Not too hot no rain done in time to take the Fenton glass factory tour.

Had dinner with David (Terminator) and Paula.

Even had a good drive home stopped in St Marys at the Fireside restaurant

and had a Great breakfast.

·
Take the time..
123 Posts
I can't believe it...I left a plate standing...The last plate and the sixth round of the last string, in the Major Sub of course...No problem...I still have one left...My team mates are behind me...I call out my situation...I aim and it goes right over the top at the one o'clock position...I was going good up to that point...You see, the plates and I are friends...I let them down. I did try to big bad wolf blow it down...It did not work. Moral of the story...Never put the gun down untill you see the plate fall...I missed because I had to reaquaint myself with the target...I deserve the penalty. I would have had a personal best in all three divisions...but for my brashness... I saw Lethal and Kaye, always a pleasure...The RO's were great and the club is wonderful. We had a good lunch and enjoyed the day. 1080 miles round trip for us...the NJ Glockers...

Crowsfoot

·
Hilljack
2,752 Posts
Got home today(Sunday) around 4:00 pm. I shot this morning. First time for me at Marietta. Nice range and RO's. Everyone was super friendly. Shot average for me in civilian. Terrible in everything else. Lessons learned---Got to get more triggertime with the majsub pistol, and don't forget to take a cap next time.

Marietta (the town) itself seemed like a nice place to me. Wife and I shopped Saturday. Ate and drank a couple of microbrews at the Brewing Company. Sat and enjoyed watching the river traffic afterwards. Hope we can make it back next year.

·
BRD Patient
100 Posts
Well sorry no pictures, forgot the camera.

Just got home form the match. We helped out some for the tear down and to see who won the pistols. :whistling: A local guy won the Ruger .380 and a lady from across the river won the raffled glock.

The GSSF guy (John I believe), said that the inital results showed that this was a new record turnout for Ft. Harmar with a possible net of 275.

My son and I met John F. (Ghost?) from Cleveland at the Glock M. Too bad I didn't have more time to spend with you John, I'm sure you would have kept us in stitches the rest of the day. :wavey:

We hope to hit the Kentucky match later this year. Really wanted to go there last year but health issues prevented it.

Hope everyone had a good time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was there today. Beautiful weather, short lines and the range staff was super. Too bad I cant seem to hit that 60 foot target in 5 to glock enough times:crying:. Cost me a ton of time. Maybe I'll get lucky and win something on the random drawing. It won't be for steller shooting, though I go to have fun and I achieved my goal. I'll be there next year.

Great job!

·
Registered
413 Posts
My son and I met John F. (Ghost?) from Cleveland at the Glock M. Too bad I didn't have more time to spend with you John, I'm sure you would have kept us in stitches the rest of the day. :wavey:

QUOTE]

Was good to meet you Babob. I ain't very pretty so being goofy is the only way to attract attention. :crying:

Got to see Ed and Term and Mrs. Term. Brought a crew of people in my buddy's RV. That sure made the time fly.

As always the RO's at marietta were top notch. A few of them even got to giggle when I decided at the glock m that a popper was looking at me the wrong way. I was so perturbed by his constant eyeballing that I shot him and his buddy at the same time. I tried to convince the RO he was looking at me funny and he deserved it. But, in the end through all my rampant whining the procedural stuck.

So I had a good time, shot three rounds and am rubbing the blarney stone for the shot at a random gun. Cause right now unless they switch it to he with the most points wins, thats the only way to add a gun to the safe. Hey Ed, to make me feel better you could give me a couple of yours.

Also, looks like my Master stock team shot well. And the 2 guardian teams I came with should do pretty well also.

Anyway, thanks to all. Also any LEO's dont forget to look up the police match being held in Cleveland on Sept. 26th and 27th. For info PM me.

·
284 Posts
Man, the weather was perfect and the facilities and RO's were great. We all had a lot of fun. One of my friends beat his best time by ten seconds, he keeps playing around and he will be close to trying to win some pistols. My wife beat her best by a hundred seconds, she was happy. That dumb little baby glock drives me crazy, but I'll keep shooting it. I hope everyone did well and had a great time. Randy

·
Registered
13,873 Posts
if you like standing in the sun all day and getting to enjoy the humidity at the same time ROing the match would of been your E ticket ride. my shooting sucked as usual with a few bright spots. had a single plate run of 2.49 with iron sights ,total of three sub 3 second runs with iron sights. think i have a problem with the recoil spring in my race gun. had more miss feeds today than the last 2 years and it just feels funny when it cycles. i got to try out a couple of the shooters guns to try different sights without having to buy them. got to see a lot of friends and visit a bit. took a ghost tour of marietta saturday nite.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
The weather was great, the ROs were great as usual and the Marietta match is a super match, as always. I enjoyed meeting friends and attempting to shoot. I had a love affair with "Mike" Sunday, as he popped up more than usual and more than I liked. I shot the new G26 for the first time in competition and I shot better than I used to in Sub Compact. I was a great Sunday. Marietta, keep up the great work. I heard you had 275 entries.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just got home a little over an hour ago. Debbie and I really enjoyed Marietta on Saturday, great town. We went to the range on Sunday, the sun was a bit of a problem early, so we just hung out till it got a little higher in the sky. Saw some good shooters I had never had the pleasure of watching. Had a chance to visit with Ede and his lovely wife Pam while he was waiting for shooters at the Plate rack and also Saturday night at the Levee. The weather was good, kind of humid but not too hot. All of the RO's were wonderful. The match ran very smoothly on Sunday, once I did get started (after the sun got up and out of my eyes) I had almost no wait between stages. I shot better than I have the last couple matches, especially Am Civ... Can't wait to see the results. Debbie didn't shoot this match, bet she doesn't do that agian...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really enjoyed the Marietta match (again). I threw some bullets down range in 3 classes on Sunday. I did not shoot great, but I had a blast!
No Mikes and No steel left standing (though I tried several times and ran the gun empty on MajSub a few times).

I RO-ed the 5 to Glock (Bay 1) with my regular crew and had a blast with them (The 5 to Glock is the Driving Range of the GSSF) My crew graciously covered for me while I shot. Love working with those guys every year. Great group of people that we have at Marietta. They are so much fun to work and interact with. We enjoyed the GSSF staff too.

I sure missed seeing a lot of the folks that I see every year at Marietta, but I met a lot of new folks. Marietta set a new attendance record at 275. Things ran pretty smoothly and I saw very few lines anywhere. Where there were lines, typically it was a group of people shooting together. I'm guessing that if we can get the new people back again and gas prices drop enough to allow our regulars to return, that 2009 could be another attendance record!

·
Registered
13,873 Posts
i think the bay 1 crew has just a little too much fun at the match.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can help BlueJacket... The 60 foot target that you missed: it was actually at 75 foot. Do you know how far your bullet probably dropped in that last 15 feet?!?!?!:rofl:

I was there today. Beautiful weather, short lines and the range staff was super. Too bad I cant seem to hit that 60 foot target in 5 to glock enough times:crying:. Cost me a ton of time. Maybe I'll get lucky and win something on the random drawing. It won't be for steller shooting, though I go to have fun and I achieved my goal. I'll be there next year.

Great job!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I RO'ed and shot Saturday. Real glad the rain swept through Friday night and not the next day. An occasional breeze helped a lot but still the fluids were flowing. I love summer time.
Real nice to see Scott at the Ohio match this year along with a new armorer and registration woman. SORRY - forgot her name already --
It seemed kind of slow Saturday compared to past years but real nice to see the numbers jump by the end of the match Sunday.
Thanks to the club staff for allowing me to help out and I hope to make it back next time. Looking forward to Topton now -----
Keep Safe--

1 - 20 of 24 Posts