close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Marietta, OH 2003 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Aug 2, 2003.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

New match, new location, new friends. Post your stories here.

2. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

What a very nice set up, all the ROs where very nice and helpful to the new shooter as well as the seasoned vet. This match is one to return to year after year :)
    We left the house at 8 am and returned home at 9 pm after picking up the boys, dodging the wrecks on the interstate and the deer here at home.
    GlockMom and I had a good match and I had a personel best with a 106.xx Am/Civ UL/M 70.xx. Got to see some friends and made some new ones as well. Leathal Tupperwa I wish we could have talked more, but like you we showed up shot and left to make the round trip, so if you don't make Topton we will see you in Statesville.

3. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Sniper 7.62
    Congratulations on a "best yet" UL score. It seems that more and more "best yet" scores are being shot this year.

Best regards,

4. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Thanks Bobby, Hope to see you in Lexington again this year and by that time I hope I can be runing with the big dogs :)

5. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

To everyone who is thinking about going GO, this range is in the middle of a forest that has a native trout stream running right through the range along with lots of shade to sit in, the people are very nice to see you and told you thank you for comming when you left a stage, So for there first match I give them ***** five stars, thay had a BBQ going on with all the trimings and the prices where good and the food better.
    Looking forward to next year at Marrietta, :):):):)

6. GlockMom

GlockMom

It was a nice range with great RO's. It is in a national forest so it was quiet (except for the gunfire) with winding backroads. We only had one trouble spot finding the range but we came in from the east side.;k We went home a different way and it was very well marked coming from Marietta. My goal was not to have any misses. I had three;Q I won't say what my score is just yet but even with the misses I will have a personal best if I added right.:) I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

7. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

The five to Glock was set up going off to the left, not straight ahead as usual?

Either that or the tables were set at a weird angle.

I know Sniper noticed the table to the first target distance was different.

8. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

We saw a snake big enough to have been a person.

9. Contrail

Contrail

Great match! What a great location! With all of the rain we've had in the mid-Ohio valley, I thought the range would be muddy. It wasn't. The bays were very nicely set up and the RO's were very efficient and helpful! I didn't shoot very well...maybe the heat got to me? Oh well, that leaves room for improvement.

I wonder how Sunday turned out though. We spent the night in Marietta and it rained from the time that we woke up until we left town at about 1:30pm. I hope it cleared up.

10. jhfenton

jhfenton Evil Marathoner

Well, Sunday was wet and icky. Constant rain the whole time I was there. There was standing water everywhere. There's nothing better than cold wet feet. It was hard to see the targets for the rain and plastic draped over them. The Glock-furnished tent over one of the Glock 'M stations was "holy" and leaky. The tents furnished by the club were in good shape.

I'm blaming a bad shooting day on the weather. :)

Still, everyone was very nice and did as good a job as humanly possible. Everyone kept their sense of humor. In trying to leave, I discovered my car was stuck in the mud. Six guys ran over to push me out. Can't ask for more than that.

11. Noah Gladstone

Noah Gladstone

Great match, RO's were very friendly. I shot 94.72 in AM CIV and 70.90 in Unlimited. Even though it rained we stayed dry.

12. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

Thanks for all the nice comments. I was an RO at the match and helped lay it out. Some of them were angled to miss some of our equipment. Sorry about the weather Sunday; as they say, you should have been here Saturday; the weather was near perfect ( for August at least).

WP

13. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Thanks for the explaination of the different angles.

14. mcsd2598

mcsd2598

I shot on Sunday, and amazingly it only rained while shooting the 5TG. Great range, great people(well the ones we seen anyway), very few people and no wait. Nice drive to and from from Indy.

My performance on the other hand was less than perfect. After the Ft. Wayne match I expected to be in the running for some more money but I highly doubt it now. I feel I shot exactly how I normally do, but the holes didn't show it. Everything past 15yds was way low(5-8") but still had decent groups. I even left a plate standing, I never leave plates standing. The really weird thing was I felt good about the match and my shooting. I didn't have that "off day" feeling or anything.

My (pathetic) excuses are; different altitude, weather, shooting in the communist state of Ohio, and the planets were aligned against me. But I'll be back at the next one if they have one in 2004.

Any word on the Raffle ticket winner? I had #38 of 50? I need to recoup my losses somehow.

15. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

The three gun winners were picked Sunday afternoon. One winner was local.

WP

16. shooter2

shooter2 Millennium Member

I shot with mcsd2598, but unlike him, I did (do?) have that "off day" feeling. I totally screwed the 5TG, but after the rain stopped halfway through the M, my scores seemed to perk up - probably not enough to compensate, though. The drive over was very pleasant and the facility was nice enough; this is definitely on my list of matches to attend next year.

Curiously, I find myself just as anxious to see the scores, as I was for the Ft. Wayne match, even though I know I didn't shoot anywhere near as well. Must've had a better time than I will admit. ;a

Thankfully, we've got a pretty good break until Hallsville. Time to get back on the trigger and get my head back in the game!

17. GoGlock

GoGlock

Well - if a local person won ONE of the guns then that means that they still haven't called me for the other two raffles - ---- right???

Nice drive put there - so so hotel - pretty good directions - great setups at the range - good people. I had fun although I didn't shoot as well as I'd hoped to. Those paper target always have some out of the scoring rings - and then there's those that don't make it on the target at all.

Enjoyed Ro'ing - will definitely be back.

Mark

18. mcsd2598

mcsd2598

Any one know who we can email to get the raffle results? I thought they were only giving away one, didn't know they had enough people for 3 winners.