Marietta FHRC

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by RustyFN, Jul 28, 2007.

1. RustyFN

RustyFN

Great first day. We had 150 people shoot and they went through very smooth. No big delays or backups. Looking to have a great day Sunday.
    Rusty

2. dking1

dking1

Marietta's club, as usual, put on a good smooth match Saturday. I shot 4 classes in less than 2 hours total run time. The RO's were helpful and polite. The facility was well set-up and clean, though I would rather not have a port-a-potty right next to the firing line...damn the echos are loud...from the guns I mean.haha Thanks guys (& ladies) for continually running a match we all look forward too.:thumbsup:

3. BABOB

BABOB BRD Patient

What no pictures! ;)

I'll be there Sunday. Planning on arriving around 10am.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

4. RustyFN

RustyFN

I was ROing all day and didn't think to bring a camera. Thanks for the idea.
    Rusty

5. FESTUS

FESTUS Guest

Fantastic to say the least...Ro's....Match site...accomodations ...scenery....friends. Darin posted earlier no wait time...I shot (3) categories,Master Stock,Competition and Am.Civilian and was done in less than 1-1/2 hours. My scores were terrible but not as bad as last year,I picked the wrong week to detox from caffeine, and it showed.I tried for the first time the practice area for plates and shooting at a D1...no excuses now to say you are not warmed up.....I believe there was at least 35 R'O's there and you felt like yopu were waited on hand and foot. I would suggest that everyone support matches like these and go an extra mile....donate an extra dollar to assist them for future matches when a door prize is available...buy that chance....you are not just trying to win something ...YOU ARE INVESTING IN THEIR FUTURE....thanks to all that put on the show....I'll be back...you are in my 500 mile radius rule...something I picked up from GSSF. :thumbsup:

6. ANeat

ANeat Got Pb?

Practice area?? :shocked: Now you tell me:rofl:

I had a great time myself, 3 categories in less than 1 hour, 5hrs sleep and a 170 mile drive:thumbsup:

Got to meet a few guys from GT, got to try out a few Glocks with exellent triggers, discovering that the trigger on my gun needs a lot of work:banana:

7. FESTUS

FESTUS Guest

Yep...just one more Bay south of the Plates...:supergrin:

8. ANeat

ANeat Got Pb?

Blah, Blah, Blah:tongueout:

I got to meet Rusty today, Looks just like his pic:shocked:

Hi Rusty:wavey:

9. BABOB

BABOB BRD Patient

We took a few pics today.

Here's the practice stage/area.

[​IMG]

10. Old Man

Old Man

Had a great day. Started at 9 a.m. and finished by 11. It was good to see everyone again. I'll try to see if I can post a pic.

11. Old Man

Old Man

Here's another one.

12. Old Man

Old Man

13. BABOB

BABOB BRD Patient

Here's pic of my son warming up on the plates.

[​IMG]

A pic of most of the shooting bays.

[​IMG]

Plus a couple of guys discussing strategy or maybe where they plan to eat dinner? :supergrin:

[​IMG]

Now who was Rusty and was that ede and wife running the plates?

14. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Did your camera work after taking this one. A rose and a Thorne? :rofl: :wavey:

15. BABOB

BABOB BRD Patient

A little animation from the warmup pics using 9mm buckshot.:animlol:

[​IMG]

Just kidding.

16. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

Wish I could have been there. This is the 3rd year in a row I planned on it, then other issues caused a change in plans. Wifey and I had our 1st granddaughter on Wednesday and our 1st grandson was baptised today. Needless to say this was a "family week", hopefully the wife and I can make it next year. Oh well, maybe Brighton, and for sure Conyers, already scheduled vacation around it.

17. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Yes, that was Ed and his wife Pam at the plates. I want to thank Ft. Harmar for another great GSSF Match. The Ros did a great job and were super friendly. The weather was great, humid but great and I met my friends. That's what the match is all about. Keep up the great work!

18. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

19. RustyFN

RustyFN

Hi::wavey: And everybody probably thought that was Curly from the Three Stooges.:animlol:
    Rusty

Edit:
    I was the guy in the yellow shirt and black hat. I was in the double 5 to Glock, mostly on the left side.

20. Ghost361

Ghost361

Well, Marietta was great as always. I truly look forward to this match due to the way it is run. A lot of other locations could learn a few things about running a match from these guys. Shot four divisions and Mother nature and I disagreed about the weather. She won so I dealt with it. Had some real good scores going until I realized my loads work great until the gun gets dirty and then it started to stick a bit. But oh well lesson learned. My partner shot pretty well and should be pretty high up the ranks. This might even plunge him in the deep end. Finally met terminator and his wife face to face. Truly nice people. Hope to see you all again in Brighton.

John