Marietta debrief

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by KY23, Jul 30, 2005.

1. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

How did everyone do? It was a very long day for me..700 miles total. I did the whole trip in a day so I can shoot the KY BGSL GSSF practice match tomorrow.

One problem I did have was tired eyes. After a 5 hour drive my eyes were pretty tired and I did have trouble getting a fast focus on my front sight post.

I shot two guns, AC and Subcompact. This was my first time shooting in the AS class. It was fun and I was alittle suprised at how well the Glock 26 shot. This was the first time shooting it and it is a borrowed gun...but I'm getting one. Great little gun.

AC I shot a 74.84
    AS I shot a 76.54

My AC score would have been alot better but I missed one of the plates by about 1/8th of an inch. The RO said it was close and let me call it but it was definetly a miss but real close.

Match was run really well. Best GSSF match I've ever been to. Everything went smooth and everyone was really nice.

I'll shoot this one again next year but this time I'm going to go the night before and stay close.

2. Terminator

Terminator

Had a great drive over to Marietta, approx 200 miles from Pikeville, but an easy drive . My first time there, but i thought the RO's did a wonderful job. The wait was almost none at any of the stages. The longest i had to wait was maybe 5 minutes.

Weather was beautiful. Sunny and warm approx 86 degrees. this time humidity wasnt a problem.

Hats off to the crew for a great shoot
    ;c ;c ;c ;c

3. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Our flight was late arriving into Columbus so by the time we arrived at the range, everyone was gone. I will shoot in the morning. I like the layout of the range. I'll try to shoot some pictures and post them tomorrow night or Monday.

I hope that everyone traveled safely home.

See ya on the range,
    Bobby

4. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

It was a well organized shoot, RO's everywhere and NO ,read it, long lines anywhere.

The weather was great.

I met up with Festus the worlds tallest leprechaun( you know the guy in the Notre Dame hat that now dances jigs with his new hips)

One of these days I am going to shoot the 5 to Glock and look at the sights all the way through.

Our motel in Parkersburg had the best doughnuts I have eaten in 20 years.

And in town, Marietta, We talked to Mr Novak (sights) he was attached to the end of a stout leash and on the other end was a nice Rottweiler the size of a small Buffalo.

While in Marietta I was looking at the High water line from Ivan(it hit about a week after last years shoot) it was somewhere around 3 feet of water in the streets.

Then I noticed another water level sign up near the second story window, and one higher than that. Wow that's a lot of water.

For us it was a really nice trip.

5. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

The Saturday started at 4:00 am with a visit to Glock Talk and another forum, after debriefing myself on what was going on in the world I left At 5:00 am and headed toward Marietta arriving 7 hours later. I arrived there about 1:30 pm (ohio time) and received my pre-registered labels and signed up at the three stages. Said hello to Bob Thomas who has shot for Team Sidearmor in the past and was doing his normal excellent job ro'ing on the Plates...by the way they were paper...what a treat.Arriving late, few people were there, although I believe over 140 people already had attended. The RO's were constantly waiting for me and there was no wait....All the stages were run very professionally and quickly as always.

I also talked to Mr.& Mrs. Lethal and posed for some pictures and discussed the latest technology in hip replacements.Lethal and I started discussing surgeries and Mrs. Lethal reminded us that were were in a public place and that a GSSF match may not be the place to show our latest surgery scars. I saw Grady and Domzilla we discussed the weather and how great it was to be at a GSSF match.

Well I decided to take a break and total my scores ....I am not gifted so I shoot 4 categories with one Gun and hope one day to emulate some accomplishments that my Mentors have already attained.
    Looks like Saturday was a good day for me another Personal Best( although not in Amateur Civilan..but I'll take it) All in all a great day, visited with Super People and I had a great time....Thanks GSSF for the opportunity to have some fun.;f

6. 4eyes

4eyes Provocateur

Hi Festus. Let me know ahead of time next year and I'll bring along a couple extra Glocks so you can shoot all 6 classes. OK? Maybe my reloads will give you that little bit of extra speed.

Sorry we didn't have time to discuss your out of round wheels. They ever gonna round out?

7. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Just arrived home from Marietta. A GREAT match. As mentioned above, PLENTY of RO's ready to assist and there were no lines. Thanks to the range and GSSF for another professional and smooth ran match.

I really messed up on the paper plates and missed a shot with my stock gun. I was going to fast. I've been telling everyone that the paper plates are a "sleeper".

I finished up the match in Stock with a 60.xx including my miss and too many penalties. UL was a 45.xx and the Major Sub was a 33.xx

The range was beautiful and I regret that I didn't take any pictures. I remembered that I was going to shoot some on the way back into town. Oh well, I will take some next year because if nothing happens, "I will be back". Great match and range. If you are looking for a great GSSF match to attend in the area, mark this one on your calendar.

"See ya on the range"
    Bobby

8. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Now that's some useful intel. ;f

9. ede

ede Bama's Friend

loved it, after shooting a few other outdoor matches i think this one is the best overall and my favorate. was ran smooth with no more delays or problems that you'd expect. pleanty of help on hand and great people to talk to and deal with. i shot in 5 classes and if i did the math right shot under 100 in 4 and would of the 5th except for a FTF and when i cleared it another FTF. i know under a 100 isn't a big deal to most of you but going under 100 was my goal for this year at the outdoor match. i started GSSF last year at this match and my Am Civ time was 297 more or less so in 5 matches i've cut 200 seconds off my time.

10. GlockMom

GlockMom

It was the best worst match I have ever had. It started out as one of those days where I should have stayed in bed and went down hill from there. The RO stopped me at my first stage, first string and had me go to the armorer. He replaced 3 parts but told me that the gun was not the problem. Then I heard there were ammo gremlins. Even people using factory ammo had problems. I bought some ammo from GSSF but it was only enough for 1 gun (it was a little expensive). Bobby Carver heard of my downward spiral and offered me what was left of his ammo. I think he's an angel in disguise because his magic bullets gave me my 2 best finishes ever!! THANK YOU BOBBY!!

There was also an RO at the practice plates who was very kind. He gave me a beautiful pair of earrings that he made. I came back later to the practice plates again and he gave me a hair clip that was made from a porcupine quill. He said it would go best with a buckskin dress that I would have to make. I told him that might be a little difficult to handle. I am only sorry that I didn't get his name.

All of the RO's were helpful and friendly. There was even a gentleman there (not an RO) that was a certified instructor that offered to show my 2 sons how to shoot a firearm. I thought that hearing it from someone other than mom and dad would be very helpful. He had a Walther P22 and ammo and let them ping at the practice plates when no one was using them.

I felt this was one of the most enjoyable matches I have ever been to, even with the difficult time I was having.

11. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

EDE actually breaking 100 is a big deal...still have not done it in AC, but I did at Marietta in Unlimited shooting my stock gun...great shooting now lets see what E.R.R. did.;f

12. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Hey Ede...drop me a Pm...check to see if you received two e mails last week relative to the Marietta match...I did sign you up!

13. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

Sounds like a great match, we started to go but it just didn't fit into eveyone's schedule. Maybe next year. Oh yeah, EDE - breaking 100 seconds is a big deal. I remember the 1st time I did it, it was sure a big deal to me. Congratulations!!! Before you know it you'll break 90 and ...

14. ede

ede Bama's Friend

actually if i did the math right i shot an 89 in one class

15. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

ede...tell me it was in Amateur Civilian....I hope that I had you signed up for IndyGlockers Team I....cause I did pay the $10.00 entry fee...by the way you beat my 114.xx and my 91.96 in Unlimited...and I have been trying to do this now for four years...geee:cool:

16. ede

ede Bama's Friend

AC 96.78 g23
    MS 89.07 g23
    CD 97.97 g24
    MSub 95.54 g39
    AS 118.24 g39

i think my FTF was in MS since that time ought to be a lot lower than the rest, or maybe it was AS, at any rate it was with my G39.
    festus i have no idea how they score for a team but i have my score sheets carbons and will have them untill after the scores are posted. if you paid for me to shot then one way or another you ought to be able to use my score for your team total.

17. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Ede....no problem, I was excited for you...I am sure that everything will turn out positive....considering we could not connect. I am excited for your improvement and that you can anticipate how the three of us did as a Team.;f

18. ERR

ERR

Festus, Ede:

Sorry I missed you guys. This is one of our favorite matches also.
    We love the area and would not miss the chance to visit.

My AC Score Plates 17.07 Glock M 23.77, Looks good so far? well at least till I got to the 5-Glock. You guessed it I blew it. 5-Glock 50.78 for a total of 91.62

I did worse on AS 123.03 and better on CD 73.04

Ede congradulations on on your scores. I hope to meet you at a match soon

Festus I will see you in Michigan

19. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Edwin...you are the anchor of the team...you posted the best score as usual.....we will have to see now how the three of us did.See you in Michigan.;f

20. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Mine as well! It is a big deal to someone who's not done it yet. Congratulations!!! ;f